PRI is urging race fans to contact their Illinois leaders support the Illinois Motorsports Coalition’s plan to safely resume racing.
PRI has put together some bullet points you can use.
- The Illinois Motorsports Coalition (IMC) has put forth an 8-step plan to safely allow racing to resume statewide.
- IMC’s proposal allows motorsports to safely operate under Phases 2-4 of Governor J.B. Pritzker’s Restore Illinois plan.
- IMC’s plan allows residents to enjoy racing in their communities instead of traveling to neighboring states that have already implemented similar guidelines.
- Illinois has a rich motorsports tradition and is home to over 40 racetracks and the businesses that support them.
- The safe resumption of racing would provide desperately needed economic stimulus to Illinois and a morale boost to its residents.
Overview: The Illinois Motorsports Coalition (IMC), a group comprised of racing facilities across Illinois, has submitted an 8-step plan to Governor J.B. Pritzker that would allow motorsports to safely resume statewide. Under the Governor’s current Restore Illinois plan, motorsports may not return to action until late 2020. As it stands, Illinois residents must travel to neighboring states in order to enjoy racing.