As RacingJunk.com prepares to shut down its app and re-direct users to the new and improved mobile platform, we want to address some app users concerns and make the whole process as seamless as possible when moving from an app-based experience to the direct mobile site.
One of the things we’ve heard extensively from users is how much they like immediately accessing RacingJunk.com directly via the app instead of going through the mobile browser.
We have an easy solution for that: Add it to your Homescreen or Bookmark the site.
Since not everyone is as familiar with this process, we’ve created a guide to show you how.
Saving website to your homescreen on iOS (iPhone):
- Open racingjunk.com in Safari on your iPhone or iPad (this particular technique only works on Safari)
- If you don’t already see it, bring up the bookmark bar from the bottom of your screen by scrolling your finger towards the bottom and off the screen.
- Select the share button (the little square with the up arrow).
- Scroll to the option for “Add to Home Screen”
- On the next screen, give the shortcut a name and confirm the address
- Tap Add
- Enjoy the convenience of having RacingJunk.com once more at your fingertips.
If you don’t use Safari, or prefer Bookmarks, you can follow a similar path on your iPhone.
- Open RacingJunk.com in Safari or another browser on your iPhone or iPad
- Bring up your bookmark bar
- Choose the open book icon
- On the next screen, choose favorites
- RacingJunk.com will appear as on option on your bookmark/favorite page. When you choose it, you will be taken directly to the page.
- Open RacingJunk.com in your browser
- Tab the three stacked dots, then tap “Add to Home Screen”
- Name the Shortcut
Call us. Email us. FB Message Us. We want to help!
Leave a Reply