Super Comp Transmission is it hurt?????????????

Old 10-18-2007, 05:42 AM
  #1  
rynojr4644
Junior Member
SHOW GUEST
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 7
Default Super Comp Transmission is it hurt?????????????

ops: I just got this Super Comp never button race before (foot braker).
I went to the line lit the first buld hit the trans break button and could not get the car to stage. Then I let off the button and tryed to stage and then hit the button again. Then the car went in to a bad shake and rumble. I let off the gas and then went slow down track. Took another pass and the car ran fin. Do you think I hurt the trany or was the trans break just coming in and out and made the shake?

Thanks
rynojr4644 is offline  
Old 10-18-2007, 08:24 AM
  #2  
SST4530
Senior Member
DYNO TECH
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Leonard, Texas
Posts: 414
Default

What????? :? Owe I got it Buld is Bulb. had to translate. :lol:

Did it shake when you launched? Are you using a trans brake? You said in your first sentence it's a ft brake.
SST4530 is offline  
Old 10-18-2007, 09:15 AM
  #3  
rynojr4644
Junior Member
SHOW GUEST
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 7
Default

Yes it had the shake afetr the launch but I hit the brake button about three times. No I was a foot brake racer before this not use to a button car yet. Car is leaving on the trans brake. Sorry about the buld my ADD kick in for a secound.

Originally Posted by blittle
What????? :? Owe I got it Buld is Bulb. had to translate. :lol:

Did it shake when you launched? Are you using a trans brake? You said in your first sentence it's a ft brake.
rynojr4644 is offline  
Old 10-18-2007, 11:16 AM
  #4  
real3fann
Member
JOURNEYMAN
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 31
Default

Sounds like the transbrake was trying to engage I have hit mine by accident while moving and it did what your talking about
real3fann is offline  
Old 10-18-2007, 11:59 AM
  #5  
rynojr4644
Junior Member
SHOW GUEST
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 7
Default

Did it hurt it?

Originally Posted by real3fann
Sounds like the transbrake was trying to engage I have hit mine by accident while moving and it did what your talking about
rynojr4644 is offline  
Old 10-18-2007, 01:15 PM
  #6  
gdmii
Senior Member
MASTER BUILDER
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 139
Default

What kind of tranny? If you can drive it and it's not making any grinding noises then probably the worst you did was tear some clutch material from the reverse clutches. You might want to drop the pan and see if anything is in there.

You probably figured this out by now but you need to fully stage the car THEN engage the transbrake. Are you running any electronics? My Dedenbear box has a lockout feature that can be set for a number of seconds so that once the transbrake has released it cannot be re-engaged until after the lockout period. I have mine set for 6 seconds and prevents engagement during the run if by some chance I accidentally hit the button. I saw a car wreck at my local track once and the assumption was that he hit the transbrake button at 100+ mph. It wasn't pretty.

George
gdmii is offline  
Old 10-18-2007, 01:56 PM
  #7  
rynojr4644
Junior Member
SHOW GUEST
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 7
Default

I was only at about 4000rpm's I dont think it hert it it made two back to back 6.20 passes after this and still hit hard when going to revers. Yes im running a Dedenbear CC-3 and it has that setting it is at 3 right now. Thanks

Originally Posted by gdmii
What kind of tranny? If you can drive it and it's not making any grinding noises then probably the worst you did was tear some clutch material from the reverse clutches. You might want to drop the pan and see if anything is in there.

You probably figured this out by now but you need to fully stage the car THEN engage the transbrake. Are you running any electronics? My Dedenbear box has a lockout feature that can be set for a number of seconds so that once the transbrake has released it cannot be re-engaged until after the lockout period. I have mine set for 6 seconds and prevents engagement during the run if by some chance I accidentally hit the button. I saw a car wreck at my local track once and the assumption was that he hit the transbrake button at 100+ mph. It wasn't pretty.

George
rynojr4644 is offline  
Old 10-19-2007, 12:01 AM
  #8  
cepx111
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,044
Default

Sounds like your well on your way to the pro class, us footbrakers are gonna miss ya, lost another one to electronics....boohoo....
I would definetly use a higher setting on the lockout like George suggested, and whatever you do, DON'T mount the transbrake button on the steering wheel thats so dangerous.
Cp
cepx111 is offline  
Old 10-25-2007, 01:50 PM
  #9  
elkymann
Member
JUNIOR BUILDER
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clawson, Mi.
Posts: 72
Default Brake is electronic????

I have to step in here a bit on the comment, I believe a foot brake racer is a racer who does not want to spend more money on his program in the trans area, ie, a trans brake, and I believe it is not totally a function of electronics. It only releases a valve that stops the fluid flow in forward and reverse(on some trans's that is) and it instantly flows once the button is released. If you have ever ran a brake, you would find that your consistancy would be much better, but then again, I don't foot brake race and many are good at this, now delay boxes, those are electronics for sure, just my 2 cents worth.

John
elkymann is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service