72 chevelle 13 to 1.....

Old 11-01-2012, 09:54 AM
  #1  
Bevman
Junior Member
SHOW GUEST
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7
Default 72 chevelle 13 to 1.....

Traded for a 72 Chevelle..very nice car...it has a 355 smallblock..13 to 1......any ideas on making it streetable..will not run on pump gas....runs low 12's in the quarter mile...
thanks,
Steve
Bevman is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 01:22 PM
  #2  
cncmotorsports
Senior Member
MASTER BUILDER
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Brookings South Dakota
Posts: 244
Default Re: 72 chevelle 13 to 1.....

Originally Posted by Bevman
Traded for a 72 Chevelle..very nice car...it has a 355 smallblock..13 to 1......any ideas on making it streetable..will not run on pump gas....runs low 12's in the quarter mile...
thanks,
Steve
Switch it over to E85
cncmotorsports is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 03:43 PM
  #3  
Bevman
Junior Member
SHOW GUEST
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7
Default

Thank you...
Bevman is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 04:52 PM
  #4  
hotrod1994
Senior Member
EXPERT BUILDER
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: nekoosa wisconsin
Posts: 308
Default

only thing with e 85 is you use alot more fuel than if you would just run race gas
hotrod1994 is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 03:53 AM
  #5  
outlaw256
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: falkville al
Posts: 1,766
Default

UNLESS YOU MIX YOUR OWN FUEL YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A HARD TIME RUNNIN IT ON THE STREET.IVE HAD TO CHANGE PISTONS IN A COUPLE ENGINES I BUILT BECAUSE I COULDNT AFFORD THE FUEL TO RUNTHEM ON THE STREET.BUT THE TIMES I DID WAS LIKE WOW!! IM THE FASTEST ONE OUT HERE...LOVED THAT PART OF IT!!!LOL
outlaw256 is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 06:38 AM
  #6  
Bevman
Junior Member
SHOW GUEST
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7
Default

Originally Posted by outlaw256
UNLESS YOU MIX YOUR OWN FUEL YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A HARD TIME RUNNIN IT ON THE STREET.IVE HAD TO CHANGE PISTONS IN A COUPLE ENGINES I BUILT BECAUSE I COULDNT AFFORD THE FUEL TO RUNTHEM ON THE STREET.BUT THE TIMES I DID WAS LIKE WOW!! IM THE FASTEST ONE OUT HERE...LOVED THAT PART OF IT!!!LOL
I know what you mean!!!!!
Bevman is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 03:44 PM
  #7  
bixblk
Senior Member
DYNO OPERATOR
 
bixblk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicagoland area
Posts: 472
Default streetable

If you want to be "streetable", it might benefit you to just pull out that 13 to 1 sbc and replace it with a tamer version of a sbc. I personally think a BBC is the way to go, a pump gas 496 can make great power, and with steel heads can be a little more reasonable/affordable. Altho they have some decent alum. heads at reasonable $$ for street BBC's. Certainly your call. Good Luck

Jeff M.
bixblk is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 05:27 PM
  #8  
Bevman
Junior Member
SHOW GUEST
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7
Default

Thanks Jeff. I can't spend a lot of money so it'll probably come out
Sooner or later. I'd like to ride it some. Thanks!
Steve
Bevman is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 06:50 AM
  #9  
Bevman
Junior Member
SHOW GUEST
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7
Default

Originally Posted by Bevman
Thanks Jeff. I can't spend a lot of money so it'll probably come out
Sooner or later. I'd like to ride it some. Thanks!
Steve
Eventhough it is fun!
Bevman is offline  
Old 12-24-2012, 10:37 AM
  #10  
Pwmax
Senior Member
MASTER BUILDER
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 184
Default

If you live by or close enough to a small plane airport, you can use av gas. Low lead 100. It will work, is slightly higher cost than like 92 octane at the pump, generaly $1.00 more per gallon, but in a limited use street/strip car, it works great. And it is NOT a dry fuel. It is high quailty gasoline. It has to be. Think about it, if you get a bad batch, you can't pull over to the side of the sky, you fall out of the sky like a rock!! usualy though, you have to go to the airport with cans, most won;t let you pump it directly into the car, as its not road taxed fuel.

Frank
Pwmax is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service