Hard tail dragster with front suspension???

Old 01-15-2012, 07:03 PM
  #1  
SPEEDNEEDS1
Senior Member
SENIOR BUILDER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pikeville KY
Posts: 109
Default Hard tail dragster with front suspension???

anyone had any dealings with these.
SPEEDNEEDS1 is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:31 AM
  #2  
shawnp
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 937
Default

Yep. It is the least expensive way to settle down a bouncy hardtail car. Light weight so ET does not suffer, allows for front end travel that keeps the wheels in the beams so you aren't seeing this odd red lights and most importantly, help stabilize the chassis under harder breaking conditions that usually create the bounce.

Diamond Race Cars has nailed this set up. Hammertime will be here to post up Dan's number.
shawnp is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 02:14 PM
  #3  
hammertime
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Coldwater, MI
Posts: 2,998
Default

Originally Posted by shawnp
Yep. It is the least expensive way to settle down a bouncy hardtail car. Light weight so ET does not suffer, allows for front end travel that keeps the wheels in the beams so you aren't seeing this odd red lights and most importantly, help stabilize the chassis under harder breaking conditions that usually create the bounce.

Diamond Race Cars has nailed this set up. Hammertime will be here to post up Dan's number.
Diamonds # 419.875.4080

http://www.diamondracecars.com/

Shawn is right with all he has said. There was a bumpy track in ky area that Diamond did a front suspension on and the guy picked up I think it was 15 hundreths. Diamond just did a new car for me, tell Dan I sent ya
hammertime is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 03:07 PM
  #4  
TheYellaBrick
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
TheYellaBrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Emmett, Idaho
Posts: 7,334
Default

Diamond does some GORGEOUS work !

:shock: :shock: :shock:
TheYellaBrick is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 05:55 PM
  #5  
SPEEDNEEDS1
Senior Member
SENIOR BUILDER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pikeville KY
Posts: 109
Default

Thanks alot, I am thinking of buying a car that Diamond done this conversion to. How do they respond to power. 4.70's-4.80's ok????? Just don't want to buy somthing I can't use. Thanks for all of your help...
SPEEDNEEDS1 is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 06:06 PM
  #6  
shawnp
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 937
Default

Pretty safe. Bob Payton was running 7.0's and 6.90's on his I believe. Our car was a 7.60 car no issues before we ended up dual suspended.
shawnp is offline  
Old 01-17-2012, 08:06 PM
  #7  
hammertime
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Coldwater, MI
Posts: 2,998
Default

Originally Posted by SPEEDNEEDS1
Thanks alot, I am thinking of buying a car that Diamond done this conversion to. How do they respond to power. 4.70's-4.80's ok????? Just don't want to buy somthing I can't use. Thanks for all of your help...
Very good with power, actually they get rid of the need to stack weight in the front like on a lot of hardtails.
hammertime is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 04:10 AM
  #8  
SPEEDNEEDS1
Senior Member
SENIOR BUILDER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pikeville KY
Posts: 109
Default

Thanks guy's, sounds like I need to just go and get the car.
SPEEDNEEDS1 is offline  
Old 01-18-2012, 07:55 PM
  #9  
hammertime
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Coldwater, MI
Posts: 2,998
Default

Originally Posted by SPEEDNEEDS1
Thanks guy's, sounds like I need to just go and get the car.
Is it in Indiana ?
hammertime is offline  
Old 01-21-2012, 08:55 PM
  #10  
SPEEDNEEDS1
Senior Member
SENIOR BUILDER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pikeville KY
Posts: 109
Default

yes car was in Indiana. It is in KY now. What do you know about this car??
SPEEDNEEDS1 is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service