3:42 gears

Old 11-22-2011, 04:03 PM
  #1  
lively
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
Thread Starter
 
lively's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ILLINOIS
Posts: 2,191
Default 3:42 gears

hey guys--do any of you have a 3:42 ring and pinion for an 8 1/2 Chevy rearend you ain't needing.
looking for one for my sons v8 s10 project :roll:
i have a set for the 7 1/2 :wink: but need the bigger ones

thanks LIVELY
lively is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 05:28 PM
  #2  
fast75vega
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 965
Default

8 1/2.... thats the 12 bolt right?
fast75vega is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 06:13 AM
  #3  
lively
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
Thread Starter
 
lively's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ILLINOIS
Posts: 2,191
Default

thanks GUYS -i guess i don't need them ---my son just came in with a set :?


thanks LIVELY
lively is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 06:15 AM
  #4  
wazup
Senior Member
EXPERT BUILDER
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 345
Default

Lively let me look as i moved my shop a few weeks ago and if i do its yours just pay ship. I had a couple sets of gears and one was a 3.42 and 3.73 and sold one to buddy but dont remember witch.
wazup is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 07:46 PM
  #5  
TheRabbit
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
TheRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Augusta, Ga.
Posts: 2,295
Default

Originally Posted by lively
thanks GUYS -i guess i don't need them ---my son just came in with a set :?


thanks LIVELY
If that doesn't work I just took a 5.67 out of mine tonight.
He may need a little taller tire though. :wink:

I hope you and your son have some good father and son time with the S10!!
That would be pretty cool!
TheRabbit is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 08:05 PM
  #6  
lively
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
Thread Starter
 
lively's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ILLINOIS
Posts: 2,191
Default

we have had some time together :evil:

but-he is a great kid and has a brother that looks just like him[he is building a 65 f100 shortbed with a 500 caddi in it]

the s10 kid has learned alot about building and learning i am a tough teacher at times :shock:

it will be a handful at first but he will learn very fast on driving horsepower :lol: and light weight 8)

i have 3 gearhead sons and 2 gearhead son-in-laws :?

3 chevy men and 3 ford men

family get togethers can be very exciting :lol:
lively is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 07:56 AM
  #7  
TheRabbit
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
TheRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Augusta, Ga.
Posts: 2,295
Default

Originally Posted by lively
we have had some time together :evil:

but-he is a great kid and has a brother that looks just like him[he is building a 65 f100 shortbed with a 500 caddi in it]

the s10 kid has learned alot about building and learning i am a tough teacher at times :shock:

it will be a handful at first but he will learn very fast on driving horsepower :lol: and light weight 8)

i have 3 gearhead sons and 2 gearhead son-in-laws :?

3 chevy men and 3 ford men

family get togethers can be very exciting :lol:
but-he is a great kid and has a brother that looks just like him[he is building a 65 f100 shortbed with a 500 caddi in it
is this kid a Ford or Chevy guy. I think he may be consufed at this point in his life. LOL.

Just picking. I think it's great that you two are working on s project like that. Wish my dad and I could. Your never to old to spend time with dad! (or mom either)
TheRabbit is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 08:56 AM
  #8  
lively
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
Thread Starter
 
lively's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ILLINOIS
Posts: 2,191
Default

TWIN BROTHERS STILL AT 24 YEARS OLD ---ONE CHEVY AND ONE FORD [BOTH GM ENGINES THO :lol: ]
lively is offline  
Old 12-02-2011, 04:14 PM
  #9  
teterbilt
Junior Member
SHOW GUEST
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2
Default Re: 3:42 gears

Originally Posted by lively
hey guys--do any of you have a 3:42 ring and pinion for an 8 1/2 Chevy rearend you ain't needing.
looking for one for my sons v8 s10 project :roll:
i have a set for the 7 1/2 :wink: but need the bigger ones

thanks LIVELY
i have a set of 3.42 12 bolt 81/2 used ring and pinion.
teterbilt is offline  
Old 12-02-2011, 05:07 PM
  #10  
lively
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
Thread Starter
 
lively's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ILLINOIS
Posts: 2,191
Default

thanks for replying teterbilt

just got some 3:42 friday
lively is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service