1970 pro street chevelle

Old 05-20-2011, 05:01 PM
0u812
SHOW GUEST

Default 1970 pro street chevelle

I am putting together a 1970 pro street chevelle. The car has a barry grant fuel pump, all the factory lighting, and A Ron Davis radiater and dual fan assy, the ignition is a vertex magneto so theres no high teck ignition. My blower motor has a race mate 50 amp alternater/water pump assy thats 15% underdriven. Do you guyes feel its enough power to run the car?? My emails [email protected] Richie
Old 06-07-2011, 03:12 PM
0u812
SHOW GUEST

Default racemate

Ok has anyone used the race mate before??
Old 06-07-2011, 03:23 PM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Default dont use the power seats or rear defoger

Well I have not used that product but 50 amps is 50 amps right? On my cars that have the same draws but with a 30 amp draw with my 7al3 that will draw more than your interior lights minus your high beams. You should be fine as long as you are spinning the alternator to get full output when your loads are on. On my east coast one wire I had to spin the 1" driven with a 4" drive to have sufficient voltage below 4000RPM, yours may require a 5" drive pulley? You need to test the voltage at various rpms with full electrical loads on it and find out if you are spinning it fast enough for your street driving.
If all else fails you may choose to check the directions and see what there rpm preferences are for there product to be sure you do not over rpm it if it is a cheap POS, you just never know until you do sometimes.
Bruce