Whats with all the scammers on here lately?

Old 12-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Default Whats with all the scammers on here lately?

Seems like tons of deadbeats and scammers on here lately.whats going on with this site? Has it gotten that out of control that you cant even purchase anything legitimately anymore. I have read like 10 scammer threads in the past 2 weeks alone.

My advice to all, is that if it seems fishy, trust your first instinct and walk away. And never pay with anything other than a Credit Card or legitimate Paypal auction, this way you can dispute the charges.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all the scammers out there, I hope you suffer a painful demise.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:42 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

X2.... %100 Good advice & is the only way I do buisness with someone I dont know. paypal saved my azz once on ebay & credit card co returned money from a cabinet co that shut its doors & filed bankruptcy and never delivered . ( KDA CABINETS)
Old 12-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Anytime a seller askes for bank wire, or money order or western union, I RUN AWAY! Not Walk, RUN..
Old 12-22-2010, 04:25 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

What are the problems with money orders?
I've had 14 sales on here and all I use are United States Postal money orders with no problems.
Same when I buy.
Just curious.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:49 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

I also always use money order's :!: :!: :? :? From the post office :!: :!:

JMO Mark
Old 12-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

sometimes MO are fake. I know that's why people use POSTAL MO but I have heard of those being faked also.I guess Solution is just don't ship until after it's cashed.That said I wouldn't be afraid of a postal mo
Old 12-22-2010, 05:31 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

well let me be the 1st to say there is nothing up with the site itself.....it's business as ususal on this end...RJ is unique in its own right that we are a full service race site that involves every aspect of race cars from A-Z..which also includes a section ( forum) to discuss possible scammers and general feedback.....I been around here a long time and seen scammers in the Good times (pre-recession) and ( post recession)....

people may leave the Site to go other places but No-one will find anything out here that compares to what RJ has to offer it members and Non-members from the full feature standpoint

Now there ain't but one way to do business..I don't care how honest you think the person is or how dishonest you think they are..there is a standard protocol for buying and selling over the internet..I do not see the need in going thru the steps most of you guys that has been a round a few years know this Protocol..I will assure you any Scammer that has gotten away with a scam had the Victim way out of protocol..Had to in order to pull off the scam...its hard to pull off a scam when someone is on their game..
if anyone would like to discuss protocol for buying and selling over the net be my Guest...I know Lively and a few others can qoute it like the back of their hand...Now I have to say I have never seen a member despise a Scammer as much as Lively does....hey where has he been latley ?

I think the Vette vs Mustang thread a few days ago in the scammer section was a good example of how to conduct business..its wasn't picture perfect but it had some Good parts to it that some potential NEWBY Internet customers could learn from,

just my 2 cents

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-22-2010, 05:35 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

also between end of racing season and begining of next scammers know people are updating or replacing stuff that needs doneand use this time to make as much as they can.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by bjuice
well let me be the 1st to say there is nothing up with the site itself.....it's business as ususal on this end...RJ is unique in its own right that we are a full service race site that involves every aspect of race cars from A-Z..which also includes a section ( forum) to discuss possible scammers and general feedback.....I been around here a long time and seen scammers in the Good times (pre-recession) and ( post recession)....

people may leave the Site to go other places but No-one will find anything out here that compares to what RJ has to offer it members and Non-members from the full feature standpoint

Now there ain't but one way to do business..I don't care how honest you think the person is or how dishonest you think they are..there is a standard protocol for buying and selling over the internet..I do not see the need in going thru the steps most of you guys that has been a round a few years know this Protocol..I will assure you any Scammer that has gotten away with a scam had the Victim way out of protocol..Had to in order to pull off the scam...its hard to pull off a scam when someone is on their game..
if anyone would like to discuss protocol for buying and selling over the net be my Guest...I know Lively and a few others can qoute it like the back of their hand...Now I have to say I have never seen a member despise a Scammer as much as Lively does....hey where has he been latley ?

I think the Vette vs Mustang thread a few days ago in the scammer section was a good example of how to conduct business..its wasn't picture perfect but it had some Good parts to it that some potential NEWBY Internet customers could learn from,

just my 2 cents
1) No one was insulting the site just to clear that up, cause your response seemed to be geared towards that kind of insinuation. I do feel that RJ could get a little bit more involved in some aspect when someone is scammed, such as freezing the remainder of the persons adds and sales until the matter is resolved.

I just read the thread where the guy bought a SB 400 motor and received an LS1 motor that was not only not the motor pictured, but was seized. And the seller still has 3 other active adds on RJ . In this situation the seller should have his adds yanked until he surfaces and explains himself.

2) I would love to hear the proper protocol for doing business over the internet and i think that in itself should be its own thread.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Incognegro
DYNO TECH

Originally Posted by BEAST477
What are the problems with money orders?
I've had 14 sales on here and all I use are United States Postal money orders with no problems.
Same when I buy.
Just curious.
Money orders can be counterfeit if your a seller receiving them, and it would be very hard to tell a fake one . And money orders as a buyer are as good as sending the guy cash in a brown envelope.

Also certified checks can be fake and actually clear, then a week or two come back as bad,fake or stolen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -