bg 280 fuel pump

Old 11-08-2010, 07:57 AM
skyhighracing
APPRENTICE

Default bg 280 fuel pump

i need help looking for the spring that goes behind the brass plug in a bg 280 fuel pump. i went to change the o ring on the brass plug and the spring shot out and can't find it. if any one has one or could give me a dimension i would really appreciate it. i know this is asking alot. i called barry grant and he said i would have to send the pump to them. i told him i just wanted a spring put in and he said they would have to tear the pump all apart to make sure nothing else was wrong with it. i said i just wanted the spring put in . i don't want to spend $80.00 to have a .50 cent spring put in. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP. I KNOW SOMEONE OUT THERE HAS ONE OF THESE PUMPS.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:30 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but send it back to BG and tell him he can have the POS. Even after you fix it it'll start leaking and leave you broke at the track when you need it the most.

I think I have one in my shed. I'll check and see.

If I do you can have it for $900.00+ $450 for shipping and handeling!l lol

Buy an Areomotive pump and go racing.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:49 PM
skyhighracing
APPRENTICE

Default bg fuel pump

thanks it would be nice if you had one. yes i will never buy another bg product. there service stinks. live and learn. i do have the areomotive 4 port regulator. now i just need the pump. thanks, ray
Old 11-27-2010, 06:07 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I went through my shed and shop twice and can't find it. I must have thrown it away first of the year when I cleaned up.