NEED ADVICE FAST. HOW TO SUCK UP TO UNCLE THAT HIT LOTTO

Old 11-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default NEED ADVICE FAST. HOW TO SUCK UP TO UNCLE THAT HIT LOTTO

http://www.hoosierlottery.com/media/press-releases/amtrak-employees-claim-$345-million-jackpot.aspx

My uncle just hit the lotto. He and his coworkers hit for 34 million. He is the one in the middle of the cheque with the dark hair and mustache. He is a racer. He races dirt track and does very well...so how is the best way to get in good with him?

P.S. This is just a joke but he is really my uncle. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I'm just shocked because I've never known anyone that hit big like that.

What would you guys do? Quit work? Invest it and keep working? Buy a new race car? They took the cash option I hear so they are not millionaires after taxes but a good chunk of change.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:05 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

DO NOT 'become his friend' ! Just be genuinely happy for him and treat him no different than before. All those guys will be dealing with allllll their 'newfound friends', phony charities and all sorts of blood suckers. If anything, help isolate his family from the scumbag gold diggers.

Personally, I'd set my wife and I up comfortably for life(including a few open road races), 2 years college paid for all 12 grandkids (oops ! # 13 in the oven now !), and a whole bunch would go directly to the Wounded Warrior Project.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:07 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

they will bring home about a net of $660,000 each...thats $26,400 a year ($510 net per week) for the next 25 yrs...thats about like having a gross paying job of about 40k a year roughly....not to mention you could put the 660k in a 2.5% CD and it would bring in $16,500 a year interest.

no reason why a man (with reasonable debt) in his mid 50's could go home or least cut back to part time just to continue his insurance

thats pretty dang SWEET.

I would buy the Most expensive Motor home money could buy and just start driving West taking my sweet time stoping at every little curb market etc.....

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
they will bring home about a net of $660,000 each...thats $26,400 a year ($510 net per week) for the next 25 yrs...thats about like having a gross paying job of about 40k a year roughly....not to mention you could put the 660k in a 2.5% CD and it would bring in $16,500 a year interest.

no reason why a man (with reasonable debt) in his mid 50's could go home or least cut back to part time just to continue his insurance

thats pretty dang SWEET.

I would buy the Most expensive Motor home money could buy and just start driving West taking my sweet time stoping at every little curb market etc.....
Actually They brought home I think it was 850 k is what he told my dad.

He is 55 and he has two small children and two grown sons in their 20's that are also dirt track racers (and pretty tough too) The funny thing is his Birthday is Halloween.They hit that on October 30. What a BDAY PRESENT.

DD I was just kidding about sucking up to him.

HERE is his race car. His son won in 2007 in the same car. They are called bombers but they are serious race cars for what they look like. They run 406's with dart heads and block, direct drive trannies etc. They have a claimer rule but that doesn't happen much,although it did happen to them one time.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:52 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74

thats pretty dang SWEET.

He is 55 and he has two small children and two grown sons in their 20's that are also dirt track racers (and pretty tough too) The funny thing is his Birthday is Halloween.They hit that on October 30. What a BDAY PRESENT.

HERE is his race car. His son won in 2007 in the same car. They are called bombers but they are serious race cars for what they look like. They run 406's with dart heads and block, direct drive trannies etc. They have a claimer rule but that doesn't happen much,although it did happen to them one time.

even sweeter !....good for him and his family !

he desrves another 50k for a name like that...just kidding....could have been named Dick trickle.... :roll:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74

thats pretty dang SWEET.

even sweeter !....good for him and his family !

he desrves another 50k for a name like that...just kidding....could have been named Dick trickle.... :roll:
Oh trust me, that name was a hoot in grade school. I speak from experience. :lol:
Old 11-06-2010, 03:28 AM
kbartley
EXPERT BUILDER

plenty of empty pickle jars, posthole digger & a shovel, & nightvision so nobody can see where he hides it. but see if he will let you help him hide it.
Great News!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 04:57 AM
blowninjected540
EXPERT BUILDER

[quote="bjuice"]they will bring home about a net of $660,000 each...thats $26,400 a year ($510 net per week)

Thats all out of 17 million ? Crazy
Old 11-06-2010, 05:57 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I play twice a week every week. I know 10 people that have won the lottery. Almost all have won the Fantasy 5 ranging from 129K to 225k. There are two people that I don't know , but live close to me that won over 300 mil each. One is a drunk and has already lost almost everything he won the other couple still runs a small gas station in the country.

I WOULD QUIT WORKING AND ENJOY LIFE if I brought home anything over 2mil. I have enough hobby's I'd stay busy every day doing something and piddle with real estate, cars, trucks and other junk to make some more money.

BTW Todd that is pretty cool for your Uncle!!