Go Pro Hero HD Camera

Old 07-13-2010, 04:13 PM
traysvega
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Go Pro Hero HD Camera

Recently purchased a Go Pro Hero motorsports package camera and was suprized how cheap looking it is in apearance.BUT it really packs a punch on video quality(and versatility).I tried it at the track for the first time Sat. the sucktion cup worked like a champ and did not even come close to pulling off.(which I was worried about).This vid clip is only on 720p for the widest viewing angle.Its a full 1080p video camera.Now that I've broken her in,it will get interseting,in car on both sides rear view on the hood it will literally go on anywhere.Anyways tell me what you think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aevxXUp1R6c

http://www.goprocamera.com/
Old 07-14-2010, 06:53 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

They've come a long way, Baby ! I've several of the early versions. One major issue is the camera to main mount fit(car side). It allows a slight amount of camera shake to bleed into the video that the camera's onboard stabilizer cannot keep up with. Solution; Slip a flat toothpick under the camera side of the snap-in bracket.
The sound quality is MUCH improved as well !!
Old 07-18-2010, 07:35 PM
traysvega
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
They've come a long way, Baby ! I've several of the early versions. One major issue is the camera to main mount fit(car side). It allows a slight amount of camera shake to bleed into the video that the camera's onboard stabilizer cannot keep up with. Solution; Slip a flat toothpick under the camera side of the snap-in bracket.
The sound quality is MUCH improved as well !!
Thanks for the hint.I'll give it a try.I ran this sat and loaded a few in car cam vids .Did find out with low light or sunset,video quality does suffer abit.But all in all I think its gonna be fun to see how many different angles,postions I can get to vid from.