installing subframe connectors on 75 vega

Old 03-05-2010, 06:51 PM
chevyart
MASTER BUILDER

Default installing subframe connectors on 75 vega

im making my own subframe connectors for my 75 vegs. i will use a low profile 1x3 steel (.125 thick) i wll run it from rear up to the front area around the front of tranny, and i will install two crossover pieces(like tranny crossmembers, and some outriggers to the center of the floor pans under the seats. no one make these connectors except alston and i dont like them and mine will be much more involved for more strength.QUESTION. the motor and tranny are out now and i feel this is the best time to put them in and weld them up as the car has no weight bearing down on the framd and body pans and there is no flexing of the underneath of the car. i think if i put in the motor and tranny first and then do the install there would be a big strain already built into this small car. i could be exactly wrong and i will listen to the pros and cons that all you guys hopefully give me thanks chevy art