Questions about an ad. (what would you do question)

Old 01-23-2010, 04:53 PM
broywc27
APPRENTICE

Default Questions about an ad. (what would you do question)

Looked at ad #1794425 it's an 2009 ATC enclosed trailer. Not much in the ad except e-mail for pictures. Well I sent the seller a message through RJ leaving my e-mail requesting pictures. The seller (a female?) sent pics and said the trailer was in "perfect condition" and what I thought to be strange choice of words said the trailer had never been "implicated" in an accident. The seller also said the trailer was part of a divorce settlement and she did not have a use for it.

The pictures appear to have been taken in a dealers lot. I could not find anything out about the telephone number listed in the ad & no other number was given in the e-mail. Also the trailer is listed in Houston, Texas and she stated the trailer would have to be purchased through e-bay's vehicle purchase plan, which I know nothing about.

I'm a Deputy Sheriff and this doesn't seem legit but, I could be wrong. I have the money to purchase a trailer so what do you guys think. Oh & I live 600 miles from Houston.....Thanks in advance.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:03 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

When in doubt, walk away...
Old 01-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Scam.

Two flags:

1) new member,
2) posted email to bypass RJ email system to establish contact.

Also peculiar word choice is ususally a sign.

Email the seller and let her know that you have a relative local to her to come and see it and that you want to set a time.

Bet is that its in another state or at some location where it can't be viewed. And if she says you can see it - then pay to send an inspector out.

And welcome aboard.

Scorp
Old 01-23-2010, 05:10 PM
blownalky3
MASTER BUILDER

Two choices

RUN RUN RUN...... It is clearly a scam. Ask if cash in person is good? That will say everything

Run Faster

There are plenty of good trailes to had for a fair price. You will find the right deal with the right person.

Good Luck
Old 01-23-2010, 05:17 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

Boy , I have 3 different sourses to track a phone number and get no results on any of them , it is well hid..SCAM
Old 01-23-2010, 05:30 PM
broywc27
APPRENTICE

Thanks for the quick replies.... My gut feeling when I first read the e-mail sent to me was, it's a scam. I like to think you can trust people but, some things about this ad seem "odd" and thats why I posted a question on here. I'm gonna forward the e-mail address to some Law Enforcement friends and see what they come up with.

Thanks again, I'll keep looking!
Old 01-24-2010, 04:11 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Welcome aboard. Glad you came here first and checked around instead of after the fact, like so many do.