Ron's Auto in Charles City, Virginia is a good buyer !!!!!!!

Old 10-21-2009, 08:31 AM
crewcab632
SHOW GUEST

Default Ron's Auto in Charles City, Virginia is a good buyer !!!!!!!

He bought my 1050 Dominator, last week. I trusted him and sent it to him and he sent me a check back IMMEDIATELY !!!! Very good person to do business with !!!
Old 10-21-2009, 05:03 PM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Keep the trust,It will bite you

I cant imagine sending anyone parts I didnt know! I have traded parts with other members but not without Knowing them or having done business with them in the past-All I can tell you is make a habit out of sending parts with the old checks in the mail & I promise you will be back on here Screaming about being ripped off-Dont believe me? I will never say I told you so..
Old 10-21-2009, 05:34 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Wow, you are one brave soul and lucky too. I'd go buy a lottery ticket if I was you. :shock:
Old 10-21-2009, 06:37 PM
scorpio601
APPRENTICE

Not everyone is a rip off artist. I bought a complete $10,000.00 engine off a guy called Mark Taylor from Tennesse and I live in Canada. We struck a deal, I transferd the money from my bank account directly to his, and waited for the engine to show up on a truck hoping that it was all he said it was. Turned out to be a deal of a life time. I even sent a guy a money order for a Jr. Dragster 2 years ago, seen his add, talked to him on the phone, sent him the money and just like the engine, waited for it to show up...I have nothing but good things to say about everyone I had boughten parts from over the past 4 years on Racingjunk. And living in Canada I always have to look for a great deal considering the shipping charges. To me, the biggest rip off artist is UPS or FEDEX. I just bought a set of 4:11 Pro Gears off a guy in Mississippi, UPS wanted $83.00 for the shipping, so I paid it, then when it arrived I had to pay them another $86.00 for Brokerage fee's they called it...and they do it all the time. I only paid $130 for the gears and $169 for the shipping, so now I ask you...whos the real rip off artists. USPS is the best and cheepest way of shipping anything (unless you need it today of course... :lol: )

Rick Miron
Old 10-21-2009, 06:50 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by scorpio601
Not everyone is a rip off artist. I bought a complete $10,000.00 engine off a guy called Mark Taylor from Tennesse and I live in Canada. We struck a deal, I transferd the money from my bank account directly to his, and waited for the engine to show up on a truck hoping that it was all he said it was. Turned out to be a deal of a life time. I even sent a guy a money order for a Jr. Dragster 2 years ago, seen his add, talked to him on the phone, sent him the money and just like the engine, waited for it to show up...I have nothing but good things to say about everyone I had boughten parts from over the past 4 years on Racingjunk. And living in Canada I always have to look for a great deal considering the shipping charges. To me, the biggest rip off artist is UPS or FEDEX. I just bought a set of 4:11 Pro Gears off a guy in Mississippi, UPS wanted $83.00 for the shipping, so I paid it, then when it arrived I had to pay them another $86.00 for Brokerage fee's they called it...and they do it all the time. I only paid $130 for the gears and $169 for the shipping, so now I ask you...whos the real rip off artists. USPS is the best and cheepest way of shipping anything (unless you need it today of course... :lol: )

Rick Miron
We are not saying that everybody on here is a scammer. So please dont take it that way. What we are saying is that you have to be careful on who you are dealing with. Yeah this guy had an awesome deal go down with his carb. BUT what if he sent it and the guy never said he recieved it or revieved it and never sent the money. We try to let peole know when they sell stuff to recieve money first then ship part. That way if the guy buying the part will either accept it or move on to someone else.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:56 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by scorpio601

Rick Miron
I'm still not understanding the brokerage fees that UPS charges for a Canadian shipment. I bought some parts from a guy in Canada, recieved the parts then got a bill from UPS for $40.00 plus, heck the brokeage fees were almost as much as i paid for the parts i protested and they told me that's the way it is and if i didn't pay it they would put a lean on my paypal account. Obviously i paid it but, still does not make sense too me.

Zip.