Watch out for rattboyz (#123837)

Old 08-29-2009, 11:34 AM
  #1  
MManer
Junior Member
APPRENTICE
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 18
Default Watch out for rattboyz (#123837)

I don't know if he's just a flake or what,but here's the story from where I posted it on Team Chevelle(Since deleted):

What do you think about a guy that does this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found a set of GMPP aluminum heads for sale in the classifieds here this a.m. Just what I needed for a rowdy 427 I plan to build,so I email and PM the guy and tell him consider the heads sold. I get a reply back that reads:

From: "[email protected]" I just posted them 20 min ago, Yup your the first one to respond. If your interested just give me a call at 818-823-9107

I call back,we talk about the sale,he gives me an exact quote for shipping cost because he's sold hundreds of heads on Ebay. We agree to send each other our addresses,phone#'s etc. I'm going to send him an USPS M/O Tuesday coming up. We start talking about the reason for the sale and he tells me he really didn't want to sell them,that he was going to use them on another project,but he just had to pay $1300 for a set of Lemons headers because he was unaware that after installing his Dart heads on his 427 that they had raised exhaust ports. So I say I'm sorry you're having to sell them,but if they're for sale I would sure like to have them. We trade emails and get all the info swapped and then about 30minutes later I get this email:

Hey Mike,
I didn't want to sound desperate selling these heads cause I really need the cash. I'm actually going thru a divorce and this is the only reason I'm selling them, I have to find a place to live ASAP. I have another guy local with Cash on hand and I am going to have to go with him. I'm looking at a place for rent today and really do need the cash today. I really hope you understand and not think bad of me, But I'm just being up front, I do have a 3year old I have to think of too and want to get out of my situation fast.
Sincere apologies
Pete

So I reply that I can have a bank transfer done Monday,no problem. Thats apparently not good enough,so he tells me "the heads are sold,sorry"

If I believed the guy,I wouldn't really mind,but with the story about the $1300 Lemons headers and then this "Poor pitiful me" BS. I ain't buying it. If you would care to read all of the emails I'll gladly post them. So deal with him as you see fit.
Mike


http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1...-Heads-GM.html
MManer is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 11:45 AM
  #2  
DirkaDirka
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
DirkaDirka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 1,954
Default Re: Watch out for rattboyz (#123837)

Originally Posted by MManer
I don't know if he's just a flake or what,but here's the story from where I posted it on Team Chevelle:

What do you think about a guy that does this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found a set of GMPP aluminum heads for sale in the classifieds here this a.m. Just what I needed for a rowdy 427 I plan to build,so I email and PM the guy and tell him consider the heads sold. I get a reply back that reads:

From: "[email protected]" I just posted them 20 min ago, Yup your the first one to respond. If your interested just give me a call at 818-823-9107

I call back,we talk about the sale,he gives me an exact quote for shipping cost because he's sold hundreds of heads on Ebay. We agree to send each other our addresses,phone#'s etc. I'm going to send him an USPS M/O Tuesday coming up. We start talking about the reason for the sale and he tells me he really didn't want to sell them,that he was going to use them on another project,but he just had to pay $1300 for a set of Lemons headers because he was unaware that after installing his Dart heads on his 427 that they had raised exhaust ports. So I say I'm sorry you're having to sell them,but if they're for sale I would sure like to have them. We trade emails and get all the info swapped and then about 30minutes later I get this email:

Hey Mike,
I didn't want to sound desperate selling these heads cause I really need the cash. I'm actually going thru a divorce and this is the only reason I'm selling them, I have to find a place to live ASAP. I have another guy local with Cash on hand and I am going to have to go with him. I'm looking at a place for rent today and really do need the cash today. I really hope you understand and not think bad of me, But I'm just being up front, I do have a 3year old I have to think of too and want to get out of my situation fast.
Sincere apologies
Pete

So I reply that I can have a bank transfer done Monday,no problem. Thats apparently not good enough,so he tells me "the heads are sold,sorry"

If I believed the guy,I wouldn't really mind,but with the story about the $1300 Lemons headers and then this "Poor pitiful me" BS. I ain't buying it. If you would care to read all of the emails I'll gladly post them. So deal with him as you see fit.
Mike


http://www.racingjunk.com/category/1...-Heads-GM.html

Post all the emails and your replies on here. We will look at everything and see what is right or wrong.

IMO I think it is a bad dealing due to the fact that he lied But at the same time a lot of people dont like to put out personal info like getting divorced and stuff like that out to the public to see.
DirkaDirka is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 12:12 PM
  #3  
MManer
Junior Member
APPRENTICE
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 18
Default

DirkaDirka it has nothing to do with disclosing his situation,if he actually does need the money that quickly he shouldn't have sold them to me to begin with. I think that since every thing we do on this forum is based on your word,everyone should know what his word is worth.


From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>Add sender to ContactsTo: [email protected]
I just posted them 20 min ago, Yup your the first one to respond. If your interested just give me a call at 818-823-xxxx



Mike,
Here's my info
Peter xxxxxxxxx
xxxx N. Valley St.
Burbank, CA xxxxx
soon as I recieve the funds I will let you know, Then I will ship these heads out and provide you with a tracking number
Thanks again
Pete



Got it, Thanks
You'll be happy with these




Hey Mike,
I didn't want to sound desperate selling these heads cause I really need the cash. I'm actually going thru a divorce and this is the only reason I'm selling them, I have to find a place to live ASAP. I have another guy local with Cash on hand and I am going to have to go with him. I'm looking at a place for rent today and really do need the cash today. I really hope you understand and not think bad of me, But I'm just being up front, I do have a 3year old I have to think of too and want to get out of my situation fast.
Sincere apologies
Pete
MManer is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 12:49 PM
  #4  
DirkaDirka
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
DirkaDirka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 1,954
Default

Originally Posted by MManer
DirkaDirka it has nothing to do with disclosing his situation,if he actually does need the money that quickly he shouldn't have sold them to me to begin with. I think that since every thing we do on this forum is based on your word,everyone should know what his word is worth.


From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>Add sender to ContactsTo: [email protected]
I just posted them 20 min ago, Yup your the first one to respond. If your interested just give me a call at 818-823-xxxx



Mike,
Here's my info
Peter xxxxxxxxx
xxxx N. Valley St.
Burbank, CA xxxxx
soon as I recieve the funds I will let you know, Then I will ship these heads out and provide you with a tracking number
Thanks again
Pete



Got it, Thanks
You'll be happy with these




Hey Mike,
I didn't want to sound desperate selling these heads cause I really need the cash. I'm actually going thru a divorce and this is the only reason I'm selling them, I have to find a place to live ASAP. I have another guy local with Cash on hand and I am going to have to go with him. I'm looking at a place for rent today and really do need the cash today. I really hope you understand and not think bad of me, But I'm just being up front, I do have a 3year old I have to think of too and want to get out of my situation fast.
Sincere apologies
Pete
To me it sounds like he sold you the heads and then sold them out from under you when he should have told the other people that they were sold already. IMO thats just as bad as a scammer.
DirkaDirka is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 01:05 PM
  #5  
MManer
Junior Member
APPRENTICE
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 18
Default

Pretty much the way I see it.
Mike
MManer is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 06:40 PM
  #6  
wlpatterson
Senior Member
EXPERT BUILDER
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 288
Default LUCKY

I wouldnt get too bent out of shape about it, You could have sent the money & He sold the heads to someone else?? Then comes the pain in the ass, getting your money back--I really dont like people doing business that way(I dont Even if the offers more) But everyones not like that-Technically the heads are still his & the bad part is it looked like he lied to keep from selling them to you-Theres those people (lots of them) out there so if your doing lots of business out here your bound to meet many more of them-Again its not as bad as it would be if he had your money & then changed his mind??JMO
wlpatterson is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 07:47 PM
  #7  
MManer
Junior Member
APPRENTICE
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 18
Default

wlpatterson,you're absolutely right,it definitely could have been worse. The post was just to let people know he's not a man of his word. Something that everyone needs to know on a site like this.
Mike
MManer is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 12:21 PM
  #8  
caminonut
Junior Member
SHOW GUEST
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2
Default Re: Watch out for rattboyz (#123837)

Originally Posted by MManer
I don't know if he's just a flake or what,but here's the story from where I posted it on Team Chevelle(Since deleted):


MManer,
It's not been completely deleted, If you go to his Profile and look at his Feed-Back you will see the same thing you posted here in his Feed-Back at Team Chevelle...


It's not good what he did to you, Your word should be as good as Gold...
That just makes him look bad in many eyes when it comes to buying from him...

Makes me think someone offered him a lot more money after you had already made a deal for the heads...
caminonut is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 12:49 PM
  #9  
MManer
Junior Member
APPRENTICE
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 18
Default

I kind of figured he went for more money. As we were talking he told me how surprised he was at the number of hits he had on the ads. To contradict his sob story even more I found this ad posted on Team Chevelle also: http://www.chevelles.com/classifieds...t=33728&cat=17

I'm selling my 1967 El Camino, Its 90% restored. There's $8500 just in the drive train alone. It has a New zero mile 425 hp 383 Stroker motor, New 700r Tranny. New front disk brakes, New 12 Bolt Posi rear end (3.73), The paint and body work has all been done, No Rust, Few scratches here and there from getting moved around the shop, Car's a little dusty from sitting, Been indoors for the 14 years, Lost storage. This was an original 4 speed car, Also its an AC car, Has floor shift column, Super Sport Gauge Cluster, Power steering, Power brakes.All this car needs is some interior work and wiring and you basically have a New Car. Forgot to mention Ceramic Coated Headers and New exhaust as well. Lots of time and money invested in the car, No tire kickers please or Scammers, Not hurting for cash, Just wanna finish other projects. Car Needs tires, I have roller tires on it. I also have a an original SS Hood, 1967 Bucket seats, Consol, Lots of extras that I'd be willing to sell with this as a package deal. You can call me at 818-823-9107 or email me at [email protected]

Not hurting for cash..,now thats funny right there,I don't care who ya are!
Mike
MManer is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 12:57 PM
  #10  
DirkaDirka
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
DirkaDirka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 1,954
Default

Originally Posted by MManer
I kind of figured he went for more money. As we were talking he told me how surprised he was at the number of hits he had on the ads. To contradict his sob story even more I found this ad posted on Team Chevelle also: http://www.chevelles.com/classifieds...t=33728&cat=17

I'm selling my 1967 El Camino, Its 90% restored. There's $8500 just in the drive train alone. It has a New zero mile 425 hp 383 Stroker motor, New 700r Tranny. New front disk brakes, New 12 Bolt Posi rear end (3.73), The paint and body work has all been done, No Rust, Few scratches here and there from getting moved around the shop, Car's a little dusty from sitting, Been indoors for the 14 years, Lost storage. This was an original 4 speed car, Also its an AC car, Has floor shift column, Super Sport Gauge Cluster, Power steering, Power brakes.All this car needs is some interior work and wiring and you basically have a New Car. Forgot to mention Ceramic Coated Headers and New exhaust as well. Lots of time and money invested in the car, No tire kickers please or Scammers, Not hurting for cash, Just wanna finish other projects. Car Needs tires, I have roller tires on it. I also have a an original SS Hood, 1967 Bucket seats, Consol, Lots of extras that I'd be willing to sell with this as a package deal. You can call me at 818-823-9107 or email me at [email protected]

Not hurting for cash..,now thats funny right,I don't care who ya are!
Mike
Wow it sounds to me he is a scammer in training.
DirkaDirka is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service