Looking for good Machine shop in Ohio....

Old 12-09-2008, 05:28 PM
prostreet1972
JOURNEYMAN

Default Looking for good Machine shop in Ohio....

I am looking for good reputable Machine Shop with decent prices around Columbus Ohio, maybe Akron/Canton area. I am in Newcomerstown, Ohio, just south of New Philadelphia.

I just got a used crank that spun a bearing and needs welded and turned and checked to make sure it's not twisted. I will soon need a block bored, splayed caps intalled and line bored/honed. Building a 406 and/or 383 stroker.

Thanks,

Travis

P.S. Also curious if any of them would be hiring I would love to build engines for a living
Old 12-10-2008, 01:49 PM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Re: Looking for good Machine shop in Ohio....

Originally Posted by prostreet1972
I am looking for good reputable Machine Shop with decent prices around Columbus Ohio, maybe Akron/Canton area. I am in Newcomerstown, Ohio, just south of New Philadelphia.

I just got a used crank that spun a bearing and needs welded and turned and checked to make sure it's not twisted. I will soon need a block bored, splayed caps intalled and line bored/honed. Building a 406 and/or 383 stroker.

Thanks,

Travis

P.S. Also curious if any of them would be hiring I would love to build engines for a living
Travis

Since the theh Dart SHP block has came out we hardly do all that work to an 010 type block, By the time a guy buys a block strips it, sonic test, clean and mag, cut the block for splayed caps drill and tap, line bore and line hone, deck, bore and plate hone your talking 1200 to 1500 dollars.

On other thing a few months ago we bought 6 blocks and only 2 were good enough for a high performance build because of thin cylinders and don't go by core shift as thats a bad indicator.

An SHP block all machined to your door is 1795.00 just something to think about.

Here is a link on those blocks.
http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12112
Old 12-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Pwmax
MASTER BUILDER

Carl,

Thats a really good deal on those. That includes shipping also? You must get a really good price on them? Are you a full WD?

Frank
Old 12-26-2008, 09:20 PM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by Pwmax
Carl,

Thats a really good deal on those. That includes shipping also? You must get a really good price on them? Are you a full WD?

Frank
Ya not much to be made on those blocks, There so much better to work with no disassembly, no magging, no sonic testing, there so much better then those old 35 year old blocks that sometimes are so far out of blue print in cylinder, lifter bore and cam tunnel locations.

So far they are a good seller and we just got 4 more in to find out Dart does not line hone there cam tunnels or main lines any more just on these blocks!!