front drop axle??

Old 11-23-2008, 06:04 PM
billsgarage83
SHOW GUEST

Default front drop axle??

i know this isn't really a race question but i know we are all a bunch of wrenchers and i have a suspension question. I'm starting a new project a 55 f 100 and they sit like a monster truck. So it's obvious i'm going to drop it . What part on a drop axle is stretched??? It's the S part that goes to the king pin right? So in theory if you did a 2" or 3" drop axle then you could do an axle over right?? I know if i am thinking correctly it would be a huge drop maybe too much and i would have to make a bracket and put the steering box up like 6" and c notch the frame. Was just wondering if i was thinking correctly and any input good or bad would be helpful thanx .
Old 11-23-2008, 06:14 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

yes it is the s part. Here is my axle i made to scrape the ground and lower my car. When you drop a axle you also have to drop the steering arms farther down to use the stock steering or build something new.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:23 PM
billsgarage83
SHOW GUEST

ok so i was on the right track but i forgot about dropping the steering arms duhhhh. As per ur pic ya like the culture also that's good to know . do you think a 2 inch drop axle and an axle over will be a lil much ?? Cause as of now i don't know and i only want to chop the roof 2" or 2 and a half" cause now it sits from ground to roof 6'7" no motor that's not acceptable . probably goin to do an axle over in the rear and a mono leaf or mono leaf with reversed eye depending on how low the front gets

PS
Nice Welds real nice ...... and a manglers favorite tool beside a hammer and a pipe is in that picture ( a grinder) that rod in your sig is pretty sik