Dyno #'s are in

Old 02-19-2008, 05:32 PM
  #1  
hammertime
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Coldwater, MI
Posts: 2,998
Default Dyno #'s are in

Just got my motor back from the Dyno @ Nyes Automotive in Muncie Indiana. This time I decided to dyno it with a 1250 Gas Rupert to break the rings in and get a good comparsion between the Terminator and Gas.

This is a 582 CI Motor Eagle insides, Erson Cam 806/765, BMF 385 Heads, Sniper Intake.


1st time it made

Average 948 HP 814.39TQ

Peak 964.5 HP @7200 819.6 TQ @ 5300 Rpms

Terminator & 37 degrees timing.



1250 Rupert gas Carb

Average- 919.5 hp 776.71 @ 5050 Rpms

Peak - 939.9 @ 7000 & 800.2 TQ @ 5400 Rpms

Timing was 38





Terminator

HP TQ

5000 773.4 812.4

5500 856.4 817.8

6000 924.8 809.5

6500 957.9 774

7000 963.6 703.6

Carb

HP TQ

5000 736.5 773.6

5500 837.3 799.5

6000 900.1 787.9

6500 936.2 756.4

7000 939.9 705.2
hammertime is offline  
Old 02-19-2008, 06:53 PM
  #2  
Pwmax
Senior Member
MASTER BUILDER
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 184
Default

Nice, that should spin the tires a little. :lol:

Remember a bit ago, about in the thread about 23 degree heads? Where I talk about making power with heads that aren;t supposed to? Well, this is a perfect example, and I am not posting this to steal your thunder, or hyjack the post. But, BMF's are considering by many, the best conventional BBC heads available, and the Sniper intake the same. As a comparision, I have a 580 in the shop, that I did last year, actauly, just ported the heads and intake, on an existing short block. Canfield 350's that I ported, and a Super Vic. that I ported. Tall Deck block, 4.53 bore with 4.5 stroke. Heads were 375cc final port, flowed 438 max cfm, 13.5:1, a cam with .797 intake, .770 ex. before lash With a 1050 carb, for a throttle stop application, it made 952hp at 7100 and 787 ft/lbs at 5500. It was sucking over 2 inches of manifold vacc. With a bigger custom carb, it would have easily made more. I am completely redoing the engine, 598 inch, ported 18 degree Chiefs, Edelbrock single 4 intake, 1250 dominator, that I will tune up a bit, 15:1, a more radical cam, so, it should wake up a bit.

I just want to say I appreciate you posting those numbers. Its always nice to compare numbers from different combos, and, reinforces for me, that my stuff works pretty good compared to the big named guys, again, with castings, that most guys wouldn;t think couldn't hang with the BMF's

Yours should run very hard, and its not overly radical, so, it should make many passes. Thanks

Frank
Advanced Performance
www.get-ap.com
Pwmax is offline  
Old 02-19-2008, 06:53 PM
  #3  
topcat572
Senior Member
MASTER BUILDER
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Port Sulphur, La.
Posts: 139
Default dyno

Which car are You going to put this one in?I know where You can get a good converter,lol,TC
topcat572 is offline  
Old 02-19-2008, 07:21 PM
  #4  
hammertime
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Coldwater, MI
Posts: 2,998
Default

Originally Posted by Pwmax
Nice, that should spin the tires a little. :lol:

Remember a bit ago, about in the thread about 23 degree heads? Where I talk about making power with heads that aren;t supposed to? Well, this is a perfect example, and I am not posting this to steal your thunder, or hyjack the post. But, BMF's are considering by many, the best conventional BBC heads available, and the Sniper intake the same. As a comparision, I have a 580 in the shop, that I did last year, actauly, just ported the heads and intake, on an existing short block. Canfield 350's that I ported, and a Super Vic. that I ported. Tall Deck block, 4.53 bore with 4.5 stroke. Heads were 375cc final port, flowed 438 max cfm, 13.5:1, a cam with .797 intake, .770 ex. before lash With a 1050 carb, for a throttle stop application, it made 952hp at 7100 and 787 ft/lbs at 5500. It was sucking over 2 inches of manifold vacc. With a bigger custom carb, it would have easily made more. I am completely redoing the engine, 598 inch, ported 18 degree Chiefs, Edelbrock single 4 intake, 1250 dominator, that I will tune up a bit, 15:1, a more radical cam, so, it should wake up a bit.

I just want to say I appreciate you posting those numbers. Its always nice to compare numbers from different combos, and, reinforces for me, that my stuff works pretty good compared to the big named guys, again, with castings, that most guys wouldn;t think couldn't hang with the BMF's

Yours should run very hard, and its not overly radical, so, it should make many passes. Thanks

Frank
Advanced Performance
www.get-ap.com
Frank, I never thought it took a "big name" to make HP just takes the right little local shop. In fact my motor shop who did the intake on this motor is a little motor shop that builds some pretty impressive motors. They seem to have this combo figured out, It ran high 4.6's in my slipjoint-dragster last year. Pat the owner of Nye's put one with the dart 380 oval ports in his 4 link car and it ran mid 4.7's. I am hoping for low 4.8's mid 7.6's with this setup in my car. I really think the heads and possibly cam is holding it back some, but like you said its not over radical and thats really what I was looking for.
hammertime is offline  
Old 02-19-2008, 07:22 PM
  #5  
hammertime
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Coldwater, MI
Posts: 2,998
Default Re: dyno

Originally Posted by topcat572
Which car are You going to put this one in?I know where You can get a good converter,lol,TC

Its going in the orange car, the only one I have left right now Never know in a few months though :wink:

Waiting to see what the #'s are with that convertor !! Still betting on a faster copy machine !
hammertime is offline  
Old 02-19-2008, 08:14 PM
  #6  
itsabird
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ohio
Posts: 813
Default

hey hammertime did nye,s build the motor, or did you just dyno it there? if it,s the same people i,m thinking of, they make dang good h.p in pulling trucks. but the name pat kinda throws me.
itsabird is offline  
Old 02-19-2008, 08:20 PM
  #7  
hammertime
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Coldwater, MI
Posts: 2,998
Default

Originally Posted by itsabird
hey hammertime did nye,s build the motor, or did you just dyno it there? if it,s the same people i,m thinking of, they make dang good h.p in pulling trucks. but the name pat kinda throws me.

They built it last year and freshened it again this winter. Pat is Mark's brother its a family busniess. Pat is a drag racer the rest of them are into pulling trucks. They do nice work.
hammertime is offline  
Old 02-19-2008, 08:34 PM
  #8  
zipper06
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: La.
Posts: 2,890
Default

HeHe, Hey David, Watch out for Alwayconsistant, cause he'll whip your butt no matter how much HP you can produce.

:lol:

Zip.
zipper06 is offline  
Old 02-19-2008, 08:35 PM
  #9  
hammertime
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Coldwater, MI
Posts: 2,998
Default

Originally Posted by zipper06
HeHe, Hey David, Watch out for Alwayconsistant, cause he'll whip your butt no matter how much HP you can produce.

:lol:

Zip.
:roll: :lol: lol ... my thoughts also Zip ..
hammertime is offline  
Old 02-19-2008, 08:42 PM
  #10  
itsabird
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ohio
Posts: 813
Default

i have a couple of buddy that pull truck,s, went to a few pull,s so got a chance to hear and see their h.p, (nye,s ) motor at work, i was impressed, so give,em heck with your,s this year.
itsabird is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service