Sellers: Do you really wonder why your stuff doesn't sell?

Old 03-01-2014, 07:43 PM
  #11  
bhp2dopp
Junior Member
SHOW GUEST
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4
Default

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by bhp2dopp
Originally Posted by bjuice
Yep..Agreed.

Now come buy my 4 sec 10.5 1967 Outlaw Nova. Don't waste your time with those (everbody has one ) mustangs.....Jk lol...on the mustang anyhow...
Hey I like good ol GM iron as much as the next guy. But I love mustangs more.
Them mustangs run awesome."Built Ford tough with Chevy stuff"....lol
Hey now Some of the Chevy guys better really look at that LS motor. That is right out of Ford's Small Block. You know it uses virtually the same bore spacing as a SBF now, the same firing order as a SBF now, and it also uses symmetrical intake/exhaust runners, and identical head bolt spacing (4 around each cylinder). It basically completely dumps the SBC of old and takes a page right out of Ford.

I know some people that have had custom camshafts ground to run LS heads on a SBF block as they will bolt right up. I mean, I'm a big fan of the new LS stuff, but it's kinda plain to see where it came from

I would imagine Ford, had they not stopped making pushrod V8's in the 90's, would have gone to a beefier block/crossbolted mains and some of the other upgrades a factory LS has over a factory Ford block of old, but the Mod motor blocks they replaced the old pushrod motors with also do just that (good to 1000HP from the factory).

Not trying to get into a debate, but as a long time Chevy guy and a long time Ford guy, the LS, to me, is a direct ripoff from Ford. Hell, I remember all the Chevy guys making fun of the Ford guys back in the day about the distributor being in front. Guess where an LS distributor sits? I'm just sayin. The motor should do good. It always did for Ford

To give you an example. Here's an old 5.0HO head gasket mating up to an LS head. Kinda makes you think a bit eh? Grab the SBC head gasket of old and they aren't even close.



And then the LS heads on a Ford small block:



So to your statement. "LS is the best Ford motor Chevy ever Built"

PS - I'm just giving you crap. Don't get upset. I'm a horsepower junkie and like them all
bhp2dopp is offline  
Old 03-01-2014, 11:37 PM
  #12  
mytmouz
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
mytmouz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pelahatchie, MS
Posts: 1,002
Default

Difference of opinion I guess. Posting a vehicle has a stock block, after market crank made by so and so, yadda yadda, doesn't need ten phone calls or email replies. If you are interested, come look. If you are serious and if you want every detail before you make an inspection trip, then put up a deposit as a show of faith that you aren't wasting my time, and I will accommodate you. I am not talking big money, but say 20 bucks. That let's me know you are a serious buyer, and not a tire kicker. If I had a nickel for every time I was told I will be there this weekend to look at it, and then no show or no call, I would retire, lol.... It might be your money, but the sale isn't all about you. (I am not saying you in particular, just buyers in general)..
mytmouz is offline  
Old 03-02-2014, 03:42 AM
  #13  
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE
 
bjuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Greenville s.c.
Posts: 3,239
Default

Originally Posted by bhp2dopp
Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by bhp2dopp
Originally Posted by bjuice
Yep..Agreed.

Now come buy my 4 sec 10.5 1967 Outlaw Nova. Don't waste your time with those (everbody has one ) mustangs.....Jk lol...on the mustang anyhow...
Hey I like good ol GM iron as much as the next guy. But I love mustangs more.
Them mustangs run awesome."Built Ford tough with Chevy stuff"....lol
Hey now Some of the Chevy guys better really look at that LS motor. That is right out of Ford's Small Block. You know it uses virtually the same bore spacing as a SBF now, the same firing order as a SBF now, and it also uses symmetrical intake/exhaust runners, and identical head bolt spacing (4 around each cylinder). It basically completely dumps the SBC of old and takes a page right out of Ford.

I know some people that have had custom camshafts ground to run LS heads on a SBF block as they will bolt right up. I mean, I'm a big fan of the new LS stuff, but it's kinda plain to see where it came from

I would imagine Ford, had they not stopped making pushrod V8's in the 90's, would have gone to a beefier block/crossbolted mains and some of the other upgrades a factory LS has over a factory Ford block of old, but the Mod motor blocks they replaced the old pushrod motors with also do just that (good to 1000HP from the factory).

Not trying to get into a debate, but as a long time Chevy guy and a long time Ford guy, the LS, to me, is a direct ripoff from Ford. Hell, I remember all the Chevy guys making fun of the Ford guys back in the day about the distributor being in front. Guess where an LS distributor sits? I'm just sayin. The motor should do good. It always did for Ford

To give you an example. Here's an old 5.0HO head gasket mating up to an LS head. Kinda makes you think a bit eh? Grab the SBC head gasket of old and they aren't even close.



And then the LS heads on a Ford small block:



So to your statement. "LS is the best Ford motor Chevy ever Built"

PS - I'm just giving you crap. Don't get upset. I'm a horsepower junkie and like them all
No brother don't you even think for a SECOND I would get bent with you on this stuff.I am actually impressed with your latest knowledge of chevy/Ford and the LS motor . I too love them all...all jokes aside I could not afford FORD FE stuff growing up..lol... FORD IMO also killed CHEVY when the came out with the 69 bodystyle retro look Don't know what Chevy was thinking with that BIG BLOCKY looking camaro bodystyle it does NOTHING for me at all. I mean what was they thinking why didn't they go with their homerun 69 camaro body style..I would have started counting my pennies for that one..I mean make a spec car or a very limited series of the 69 body style and equal it to some off the shelve FORD horsepower and see where it goes. And last FORD took NO FEDERAL BAILOUT MONEY when the economy tanked..So my next truck (F250) or family car will be a FORD.
__________________
Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
bjuice is offline  
Old 03-02-2014, 05:39 AM
  #14  
Harbone
Moderator
RACING JUNKIE
 
Harbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,027
Default

OMG there is a Ferd LS motor in my Trans Am :!: :?: :!: :?: :!: :?:

Lively where are you? I have a car that you need to buy! :lol:
__________________
Chris

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Harbone is offline  
Old 03-02-2014, 02:51 PM
  #15  
shawnp
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 937
Default

I have been selling on the web for a long time. There used to be a courtesy from buyers. I always post as many photos and as much info as I can in any ad. I think it' a seller's courtesy to provide all of the info and clear photos so that a buyer doesn't waste their time or yours. It's when you do this and the potential buyer asks for more info to not give the seller the courtesy of a response to say they want it or to say they will pass. Nothing more frustrating then a person say they will get back to you and then not have the courtesy to respond.
shawnp is offline  
Old 03-02-2014, 05:42 PM
  #16  
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE
 
bjuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Greenville s.c.
Posts: 3,239
Default

Originally Posted by shawnp
I have been selling on the web for a long time. There used to be a courtesy from buyers. I always post as many photos and as much info as I can in any ad. I think it' a seller's courtesy to provide all of the info and clear photos so that a buyer doesn't waste their time or yours. It's when you do this and the potential buyer asks for more info to not give the seller the courtesy of a response to say they want it or to say they will pass. Nothing more frustrating then a person say they will get back to you and then not have the courtesy to respond.

No Question but its anywhere you advertise . The reason buyers and sellers get so much of this crap is because your ad or anothers ad is getting plenty of local and national exposure on RJ . Brick hit it on the head. Make NO mistake about it selling is plain work . Buying will be equal work if you take the time and execute the Due Diligence you should OR roll the dice and take the greedy/lazy way and then we reading about how someone got scamned because they sent $500 in change after the long lost relative deposited $500 more than the cost of the item and the funds are bogus or some chit like that....LMAO.
__________________
Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
bjuice is offline  
Old 03-02-2014, 11:10 PM
  #17  
jtortorete
Member
MASTER JOURNEYMAN
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 35
Default WHATEVER WORKS FOR YOU

ON THE SUBJECT OF BUYING AND SELLING ON THE NET. NO MATTER WHERE YOU SELL, RJ, EBAY, ETC, IT IS ALL ABOUT WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. THERE IS NO EXACT METHOD THAT WORKS BETTER THAN ANOTHER.

THE USE OF COMMON SENSE, WHICH I FIND IS NOT COMMON TO EVERYONE. BE HONEST ABOUT YOUR STUFF AND BE PATIENT, SOME NUT WILL BUY YOUR S--- EVENTUALLY. I HAVE NEVER LISTED SOMETHING AND NOT SOLD IT.

YOU NEED TO PUT UP WITH THE IDIOTS, THE BRAIN DEAD, AND OF COURSE THE ONES WITH NO COMMON SENSE ABOUT THE WORLD IN GENERAL.

JUST ONE NOTE; BJUICE, MUSTANG MAN IS NOT BUYING YOUR NOVA!!

JACK
jtortorete is offline  
Old 03-03-2014, 03:52 AM
  #18  
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE
 
bjuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Greenville s.c.
Posts: 3,239
Default Re: WHATEVER WORKS FOR YOU

Originally Posted by jtortorete
ON THE SUBJECT OF BUYING AND SELLING ON THE NET. NO MATTER WHERE YOU SELL, RJ, EBAY, ETC, IT IS ALL ABOUT WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. THERE IS NO EXACT METHOD THAT WORKS BETTER THAN ANOTHER.

THE USE OF COMMON SENSE, WHICH I FIND IS NOT COMMON TO EVERYONE. BE HONEST ABOUT YOUR STUFF AND BE PATIENT, SOME NUT WILL BUY YOUR S--- EVENTUALLY. I HAVE NEVER LISTED SOMETHING AND NOT SOLD IT.

YOU NEED TO PUT UP WITH THE IDIOTS, THE BRAIN DEAD, AND OF COURSE THE ONES WITH NO COMMON SENSE ABOUT THE WORLD IN GENERAL.

JUST ONE NOTE; BJUICE, MUSTANG MAN IS NOT BUYING YOUR NOVA!!

JACK

Great Post !!!!!
__________________
Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
bjuice is offline  
Old 03-04-2014, 02:42 PM
  #19  
shybx1969
Senior Member
MASTER BUILDER
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 227
Default

Problem is like my daddy used too say.Nobody trusts anyone anymore.How many times have you heard on phone... ok ill look at car at such and such time, and never hear from the guy again. Or how many times have we done this too other people because a better deal came along. :roll: Problem is in the ole days people didnt travel 1000+ miles too look atta car. You picked up the paper/or word of mouth from a buddy/or just happened too see inna used car lot/ or someones house.All the handshake stuff/someones word is gone.....Its the way society is now.Do i try to look atta car/bike/boat when i say yes i personally will at leaste call and tell em i wont make it or tell em i found a better deal. All respect for people is basically gone. A friend of mine totally got out of the car hobby just because he got tired of the dishonesty/scamming...yes this ss is original/yes this part will fit,yes thiers nuthing wrong with this car. Really if the cars so great why dont u just keep it... :roll: SOCIETY HAS CHANGED...
shybx1969 is offline  
Old 03-04-2014, 09:51 PM
  #20  
jtortorete
Member
MASTER JOURNEYMAN
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 35
Default answer to shybx 1969

GUY,

ALL YOU SAY IS TRUE, BUT IT IS THE BUYERS RESPONSIBLE TO GET OUT OF THE SELLER ALL HE NEEDS TO KNOW, OR YOU JUST DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING SAID, AND GO CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF. ALSO YOU CAN JUST WALK AWAY. THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER ONE OUT THERE TO BUY.

IF YOU REALLY ARE INTO THIS SPORT, NO ONE SHOULD DISCOURAGE YOU FROM DOING WHAT YOU REALLY ENJOY; OR YOU ARE AT THE POINT WHERE YOU NEED TO LOOK FOR A NEW HOBBY LIKE YOUR FRIEND DID.

I HAVE BEEN BUYING USED STUFF FOR A LONG TIME. SINCE THE 60'S, AND IF IT IS WHAT I WANT OR NEED, I DO RESEARCH WORK OVER THE PHONE, AND GET PICTURES, AND THEN IF I AM BUYING SOMETHING OVER $10,000, I DO LOOK AT IT. YOU NEED TO BE NUTS IF YOU DO NOT. IF YOU NEED TO FLY, OR TAKE YOUR TRAILER, THAT IS WHAT YOU DO. I HAVE DONE BOTH. I CAME HOME EMPTY HANDED, BUT SATISFIED THAT I DID NOT LOSE MY MONEY ON A GUYS WORD AND HIS PICTURES.

I ALSO BOUGHT THE RACE CAR I AM RACING NOW. I GOT IT FROM A GUY 1000 MILES FROM MY HOME, AND BROUGHT THE CAR HOME ON THE GUYS TRAILER, I BOUGHT WITH THE CAR. IT TOOK ME 3 MONTHS OF DEALING TO GET IT, BUT I SURE WAS HAPPY WHEN I DID.

I DO NOT BELIEVE PEOPLE IN THIS SPORT ARE BORN TO CHEAT YOU, LIE TO YOU ON PURPOSE, OR TO PROCRASTINATE ON GETTING YOU THE INFO YOU NEED. THEY ARE MOSTLY LAZY OR BUSY PEOPLE, SO IF YOU WANT IT YOU NEED TO PERSIST.

JUST USE COMMON SENSE, BE PERSISTENT, OR IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED IN ANY WAY, JUST WALK AWAY!

JACK

"DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY"
jtortorete is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service