jordans performance/south carolina

Old 11-01-2012, 01:23 PM
  #11  
bbchevy
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fountain,MICHIGAN
Posts: 856
Default >?

It does Happen!
I built my own,and it just Broke a Intake valve after 46 passes.
Only thing is,I purchased a custom set of heads,camshaft combo.Seems to be alot of ISSUES with the build???

Needless to say,the Intake valve is NOT the only thing thats JUNK!!!

Later
G :?
bbchevy is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:32 AM
  #12  
mrmopar622
Member
JUNIOR BUILDER
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 74
Default

I don't know about them,but you don't want to do any business with Naylor Racing engines in Dalzell SC. that have the big ad on here 565,582,600 cu in engines that make a 1000+hp for $10,500.Well I brought a 632 cu in engine from them on the invoice & were I paid the Bill its says 1100+ hp and I paid more for this than the 600 cu in engine to get more than 1,000+ hp,well this 632 cu in engine that cost more & I am sure makes more hp than the 600 cu in engines he offers would not make 950 hp I have the invoice & the the dyno sheets to prove this.After getting a notice from RJ to beware of another scammer on here I reported Naylor racing engines to them.I have not heard anything back from them yet.
mrmopar622 is offline  
Old 12-02-2012, 08:42 AM
  #13  
mrmopar622
Member
JUNIOR BUILDER
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 74
Default

If only I had seen shawnp post & took his advice and took a trip up to Naylor Racing engines,and checked out their shop,I would have not been out all this $$$.You see their big Ad with all the engines in the pictures & think they are a Big Time Race-Engine builders with all the Hi-Tech machinery to do these Hi-Horse-Power engine builds,but what little they have is out-dated not even up to par with the Li'll Mom & Pop machine shops for your normal engine machine work.
It might cost a little extra $$$ to take the time to go check out someones shop before you send them you hard earned $$$,but in the long run it will be $$$ well spent.
mrmopar622 is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:33 PM
  #14  
proactionheads
Junior Member
SHOW GUEST
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7
Default TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE

Have you hear that you cant please every one well no one can please mrmopar he is not all there. He had Naylor build him a 632 with dart 400m and a dart tunnel ram intake heads for $11500..00 .He said that he could not afford good heads on a 632 so jimmy set him up with dart 400m heads and intake to help then he would fully port heads at NO CHARGE to help him if would let the shop work the heads in between jobs so he could do them for free.It took dart 4 weeks to get heads to them the work started after 2 more weeks cambers we done and v.j, the heads no work from dart.After 7-8 weeks he started to act crazy so he demands his engine by week 9 heads finish or not, so they offer him the short block and keep top end, he wants engine done. Heads not done all the way they will not make the right power.He made that choice and they could not dyno all his parts for the engine to run were MOPAR PARTS THEY WONT FIT A BBC.As for the shop its has 2 honing machines CV-16-SERDI-SUPER FLOW ALOT - HE HAS BEEN THERE FOR 23 YEARS AND BUILDS LOW 4.00 OR BETTER PRO MOD TO SREET,STRIP. SO ITS SORRY ONE BAD APPLE HAS TO WRITE SOME THING BAD ABOUT THEM.
proactionheads is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:43 PM
  #15  
TheRabbit
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
TheRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Augusta, Ga.
Posts: 2,295
Default Re: TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE

Originally Posted by mrmopar622
I don't know about them,but you don't want to do any business with Naylor Racing engines in Dalzell SC. that have the big ad on here 565,582,600 cu in engines that make a 1000+hp for $10,500.Well I brought a 632 cu in engine from them on the invoice & were I paid the Bill its says 1100+ hp and I paid more for this than the 600 cu in engine to get more than 1,000+ hp,well this 632 cu in engine that cost more & I am sure makes more hp than the 600 cu in engines he offers would not make 950 hp I have the invoice & the the dyno sheets to prove this.After getting a notice from RJ to beware of another scammer on here I reported Naylor racing engines to them.I have not heard anything back from them yet.
Please post invoice and dyno sheets so we can look at them.
Cover up your address, but I do want to see that it came from the shop you stated and a detailed list of parts on invoice.

Originally Posted by proactionheads
Have you hear that you cant please every one well no one can please mrmopar he is not all there. He had Naylor build him a 632 with dart 400m and a dart tunnel ram intake heads for $11500..00 .He said that he could not afford good heads on a 632 so jimmy set him up with dart 400m heads and intake to help then he would fully port heads at NO CHARGE to help him if would let the shop work the heads in between jobs so he could do them for free.It took dart 4 weeks to get heads to them the work started after 2 more weeks cambers we done and v.j, the heads no work from dart.After 7-8 weeks he started to act crazy so he demands his engine by week 9 heads finish or not, so they offer him the short block and keep top end, he wants engine done. Heads not done all the way they will not make the right power.He made that choice and they could not dyno all his parts for the engine to run were MOPAR PARTS THEY WONT FIT A BBC.As for the shop its has 2 honing machines CV-16-SERDI-SUPER FLOW ALOT - HE HAS BEEN THERE FOR 23 YEARS AND BUILDS LOW 4.00 OR BETTER PRO MOD TO SREET,STRIP. SO ITS SORRY ONE BAD APPLE HAS TO WRITE SOME THING BAD ABOUT THEM.
Thanks for posting. There are 2 sides to every story. Now that we have some replies from both parties lets figure this out.
TheRabbit is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 09:18 PM
  #16  
mrmopar622
Member
JUNIOR BUILDER
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 74
Default

I have the invoice & dyno sheets, might need a little help getting them posted on here. But the invoice & the dyno sheets will prove my side of this scam and hopefully will prevent other racers from getting scammed by Naylor(Proaction Heads) Racing. As per their ad #1418969, you think you are sending your hard earned money to a high quality race shop, but believe me, you need to go check their shop out before you send any money. Thanks
P.S. On a lot of sites, there is a "browse" you can click on to post pictures like on the "for sale" here on racingjunk I really need to get the invoice & dyno sheets posted asap so the rest of you racers can see first hand who's scamming who.
mrmopar622 is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 09:30 PM
  #17  
mrmopar622
Member
JUNIOR BUILDER
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 74
Default Re: TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE

Originally Posted by proactionheads
Have you hear that you cant please every one well no one can please mrmopar he is not all there. He had Naylor build him a 632 with dart 400m and a dart tunnel ram intake heads for $11500..00 .He said that he could not afford good heads on a 632 so jimmy set him up with dart 400m heads and intake to help then he would fully port heads at NO CHARGE to help him if would let the shop work the heads in between jobs so he could do them for free.It took dart 4 weeks to get heads to them the work started after 2 more weeks cambers we done and v.j, the heads no work from dart.After 7-8 weeks he started to act crazy so he demands his engine by week 9 heads finish or not, so they offer him the short block and keep top end, he wants engine done. Heads not done all the way they will not make the right power.He made that choice and they could not dyno all his parts for the engine to run were MOPAR PARTS THEY WONT FIT A BBC.As for the shop its has 2 honing machines CV-16-SERDI-SUPER FLOW ALOT - HE HAS BEEN THERE FOR 23 YEARS AND BUILDS LOW 4.00 OR BETTER PRO MOD TO SREET,STRIP. SO ITS SORRY ONE BAD APPLE HAS TO WRITE SOME THING BAD ABOUT THEM.
When you pay a deposit and told your engine will be ready in 5-6 weeks max and it takes 14 weeks, and when you call to check on the progress and are given the run around by Tom(Proaction Heads), is that being hard to please?
When you tell an engine builder you want an engine that makes at least 1100 hp and he says he will have to work up a price & will send an invoice and you receive the invoice from him and don't question his price but ask him will this engine combination make 1100 or more hp and he tells you look on the invoice, it is printed there. Now if this engine you paid Naylor(Proaction Heads) Racing his price quote on invoice and the engine only makes a best of 947 hp - would anyone else be satisfied with this? Am I being hard to please in wanting what I paid for??
mrmopar622 is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 08:03 AM
  #18  
mrmopar622
Member
JUNIOR BUILDER
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 74
Default

Is there anyone who would be willing to pm me their email address so I can send you the original invoice from Naylor and the dyno sheets that could post them for everyone on here to see? I know there is two sides to every story and I'm not asking anyone to take sides, just need a little help to get these posted. If it will help in someone helping to get these posted, if you will send me a fax number I will pay someone to fax this information to you. If anyone just wants to see this info for themselves just pm me your email address & I will get them to you. If you would like to talk with me about this matter, pm me your telephone number & a good time for me to call you & we will talk. It's all about racers helping racers!! Thanks,
mrmopar622 is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 11:33 AM
  #19  
TheRabbit
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
TheRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Augusta, Ga.
Posts: 2,295
Default

Originally Posted by mrmopar622
Is there anyone who would be willing to pm me their email address so I can send you the original invoice from Naylor and the dyno sheets that could post them for everyone on here to see? I know there is two sides to every story and I'm not asking anyone to take sides, just need a little help to get these posted. If it will help in someone helping to get these posted, if you will send me a fax number I will pay someone to fax this information to you. If anyone just wants to see this info for themselves just pm me your email address & I will get them to you. If you would like to talk with me about this matter, pm me your telephone number & a good time for me to call you & we will talk. It's all about racers helping racers!! Thanks,
I will PM you some info. I got your PM this morning, but haven't had a chance to reply.

As for my mention of 2 sides to every story, it's just that. Not taking any sides until I look at what both sides have.

I will say this, $15k is a really low amount of money for a 1,000hp + motor. If that's what is advertised then that's what it should be.
TheRabbit is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 05:27 AM
  #20  
shawnp
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 937
Default

I agree Rabbit. Most builders start motors at the HP level for $18K-$19K. I would expect to get a used motor for that price. I know what I have my motor in the classifieds for. It's a season old and I don't think I would take $15K for it.

Then again, if you didn't go shaft rockers, went chain and not belt, standard lifters and didn't opt for a big name head and intake package, you probably could get close to $15K but stretch to get to the 1000hp number.

I am curious to see the invoice and what went into this motor.
shawnp is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -