nhra diaper rule

Old 01-11-2012, 11:31 AM
tazracing
SENIOR BUILDER

Default nhra diaper rule

Does the nhra diaper rule go in affect this year ?
Old 01-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

heres what I found...

If you run an NHRA National or Divisional race you will need to have a diaper for the Super Comp, Super Gas, and this year - Super Street, classes. Also required for any of the "top" classes. Of course all cars faster than 7.50 (4.50) already need a diaper. The requirement for SFI rated diapers are for the Professional classes (national events) not Sportsman classes.

All correct except it does say 9.99 or faster will require a diaper or belly pan no matter what class.

There is NO wording in the 2012 NHRA rule book for any diaper in the Pro, Super Pro classes or local races.

Now, ANY NHRA TRACK can add restriction in addition to the rule book for their own track races or special events.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 01-11-2012, 12:44 PM
andamo
MASTER BUILDER

Do yourself a big favor and get one and don't wait on it becoming a rule. This has to be one of the biggest safety items along with your helmet and belts.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:01 PM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Thanks for the update Chris. Don't get me wrong I'm all for safety. But my car runs A/S and S/ST. Sooooooo, When I run S/ST I have to have a diaper but don't have to have one for A/S. Makes no sense to me. Many Stock and Super stock cars run faster than 10.90.

If they say you have to run diapers in Stock and Super Stock then I have to buy two different diapers to run each class. Are they gunna make us change diapers every two years like seat belts? I'm not whinning but running NHRA is costing more and more every year. Maybe they don't want us running Stock and Super Stock. I know they hate the 90 classes.
I know pay or stay home.
Anybody want to buy a nice 67 SS Camaro?
Old 01-11-2012, 02:31 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

my words still have not changed--NHRA IS JUST AS CORRUPT AS OUR GOVERMENT----they pass all kinds of rules so you have to use their type of product-- that i promise you --THEY MAKE MONEY OFF OF EVERY SINGLE TIME---REPLACING PRODUCTS EVERY TIME YOU TURN AROUND TO SATISFY THEM,

OH YEAH I KNOW MY NHRA SCATTERSHIELD WORE OUT FROM BEING BOLTED TO MY CAR , AND ALOT OF OTHER STUPIDITY LIKE THAT

this is exactly what will push more people to the outlaw tracks and [horrible to think] the streets to race on !!!! :roll: :evil: :shock:
Old 01-11-2012, 04:10 PM
TS1955
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by andamo
Do yourself a big favor and get one and don't wait on it becoming a rule. This has to be one of the biggest safety items along with your helmet and belts.
That's the best way to put it! I would run one regardless if it's required or not. You might loose a engine but save your car and possibly you.

TS1955
Old 01-11-2012, 04:36 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

AND you'll retain your positive popularity with the rest of the racers when and if you loose an engine. EVERYbody hates down time to clean up an oil spill.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:45 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

There's other incentives to run a diaper, if you oil the track, the run doesn't count and you get fined if you oil it 2 times at the same event, even in time trials, you are thru at that event.

Zip.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:21 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
my words still have not changed--NHRA IS JUST AS CORRUPT AS OUR GOVERMENT----they pass all kinds of rules so you have to use their type of product-- that i promise you --THEY MAKE MONEY OFF OF EVERY SINGLE TIME---REPLACING PRODUCTS EVERY TIME YOU TURN AROUND TO SATISFY THEM,

OH YEAH I KNOW MY NHRA SCATTERSHIELD WORE OUT FROM BEING BOLTED TO MY CAR , AND ALOT OF OTHER STUPIDITY LIKE THAT

this is exactly what will push more people to the outlaw tracks and [horrible to think] the streets to race on !!!! :roll: :evil: :shock:
lively you are so right on this. id rather run on a backroad than i had on a nhra track.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:33 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

The money you invest in a diaper is cheaper than any insurance policy and definitely cheaper than the money you will have in replacing in what is lost. I have seen it too many times that oil ends up under a slick. Do yourself a favor and get a J&J Diaper on your ride.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -