Just when you think you have seen it all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-10-2010, 05:04 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by zipper06
Hey Carl,
since you're visiting the forum more often. I've been contracted to build a needle bearing cam system for a 4 cyl. Datsun, road racing team out of Az. I have the overhead cam stands and the original cam jurnal size is 1.880, i'll grind it down the to the needle bearing size and re nitrate it, i'm thinking i can buy the needle cam bearings that are used in NASCAR or the ones sold by Comp cams. PROBLEM, is that i know the cam bearings are 1. 868 ID, but what is the OD of these bearing, also the width, do they have oiling holes or do they only use spash. I have an EDM hole popper, so i can put in a small hole for oiling to the bearings, i can also run a rail oiling system to the rockers located below the cam.
I guess my main question is what size are the cam bearins OD and ID, plus the width.

Thanks in advance Carl.

Zip.
A 1.868 would be a stock SBC cam journal and the roller bearings I can't remember the P/N is but any how the housing bore we machine the block to is 2.250. And they do offer a wide and a narrow bearing.

Check with CV Products as theu have them in stock.

Hope this has helped!!
Carl
Old 12-10-2010, 01:26 PM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
Do I see a lawsuit coming ?!
I guess Tony is a little upset over this engine and how it was built seeing it says a fresh 434 and the rings look to be used and it was never line honed and the rods were hacked to death plus the blocks was welded up and I would say say thats where the water was leaking from. I gues he wants to go after him for a selling a bogus peice. Tony at this point does not care what it cause in the end. But does not want to get stuck with a junk engine.

But after talking to the seller he paid someone to build this engine and was unaware what was done and sounds like he wants to make it right with Tony the owner.

Lets see how it works out but for now, It will have to stay at the shop for a while to see if it resolved or it ends up in court.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:29 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks for the update Carl. Keep us posted if you can.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:00 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hink
Originally Posted by zipper06
Hey Carl,
since you're visiting the forum more often. I've been contracted to build a needle bearing cam system for a 4 cyl. Datsun, road racing team out of Az. I have the overhead cam stands and the original cam jurnal size is 1.880, i'll grind it down the to the needle bearing size and re nitrate it, i'm thinking i can buy the needle cam bearings that are used in NASCAR or the ones sold by Comp cams. PROBLEM, is that i know the cam bearings are 1. 868 ID, but what is the OD of these bearing, also the width, do they have oiling holes or do they only use spash. I have an EDM hole popper, so i can put in a small hole for oiling to the bearings, i can also run a rail oiling system to the rockers located below the cam.
I guess my main question is what size are the cam bearins OD and ID, plus the width.

Thanks in advance Carl.

Zip.
A 1.868 would be a stock SBC cam journal and the roller bearings I can't remember the P/N is but any how the housing bore we machine the block to is 2.250. And they do offer a wide and a narrow bearing.

Check with CV Products as theu have them in stock.

Hope this has helped!!
Carl
Thanks Carl,
I don't know if i have that much room on the cam stands since there is a head bolt inside the 8MM mounting bolt. I have found some Timkin draw cup needle bearings that are 1.760 ID with a 2.050 OD. I have 3 wire EDM machines available and had planned to cut the stands in the middle with a .015 wire and then recut the bore for .001 locking force on the bearing. Biggest problem is the parts are in Ms. shipped to my other residence while i'm in La. at this time, so i can't get all the measurments, but i do appreciate the input and thanks for answering. I'm thinking that i will turn down a cam jurnal to 1.760 and see if i can pass a dummy ring over the cam lobes, if i can it's a winner.

Zip.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:20 PM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

I have had a few calls about the free short block but I have to hold on to it for a while as it sounds like the AG's office in Florida maybe looking in to this matter if its not resolved between the 2 parties.