turbo

Old 12-02-2009, 07:15 PM
altailites
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by gnsrule
I would think if you have 35-40 lbs in the pan, then your already blowing the oil off the skirts and you have bigger problems by now. I only run 35 lbs on the topside of the pistons and never measured whats in the pan. I would only hope its way less than boost.
I never said I had 35-40 lbs in the pan :roll: . do you have a data system in your car? if so whats your vac pressure before the run and at the end of the run just curious . I don't care to get into a pissing match the man asked what jet size to run in his feed line Garrett recommends a .040 jet in their bb turbos maybe he will ask others and try a .070 jet if hes scared to run a .040 but who cares I was just trying to help the man out . like you said to each his own but I can tell you this I would rather phuck up a turbo then blow oil through the inlet tubes and detonate the motor to hell :shock: and yes I have seen it happen more then once. ps the only skirt I like blowing off is my wife's :P
Old 12-07-2009, 01:43 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

snicker, snicker, snicker... This is getting interesting.....
Old 12-08-2009, 07:34 PM
altailites
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by ashbros
snicker, snicker, snicker... This is getting interesting.....
lol hes still trying to figure out how to work his data system :P
Old 12-09-2009, 04:51 PM
gnsrule
SENIOR BUILDER

OK let me try to make it better to understand. When your crankcase goes positive like with 35 to 40 psi of boost Your gravity drained turbo doesn't return oil to the pan as well.
I would think if you have 35-40 lbs in the pan, then your already blowing the oil off the skirts and you have bigger problems by now.

I never said I had 35-40 lbs in the pan .
Wow,
then what did you say ?
Old 12-09-2009, 05:01 PM
gnsrule
SENIOR BUILDER

Look,
Im not tryin to get into a "lets see whos doink" is bigger. Ive never heard of puttin in a oil restrictor to fix a leak in a turbo. Consider its spinnin in excess of 30,000 rpm, id want oil to the bearing in a major way.
Big truck turbos run 25+lbs boost all day long, whats the diff ?
If Garret said so then id like to see it.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:29 PM
altailites
JUNIOR BUILDER

OK let me try to make it better to understand. When your crankcase goes positive like with 35 to 40 psi of boost Your gravity drained turbo doesn't return oil to the pan as well.
I would think if you have 35-40 lbs in the pan, then your already blowing the oil off the skirts and you have bigger problems by now.

I never said I had 35-40 lbs in the pan .
Wow,
then what did you say ?
I run 35 pounds of boost never said in the pan but when you run that much boost most the time your crank case pressure goes positive and your gravity drained turbo doesn't return oil to the pan as well
Old 12-09-2009, 05:46 PM
altailites
JUNIOR BUILDER

Look,
Im not tryin to get into a "lets see whos doink" is bigger. Ive never heard of puttin in a oil restrictor to fix a leak in a turbo. Consider its spinnin in excess of 30,000 rpm, id want oil to the bearing in a major way.
Big truck turbos run 25+lbs boost all day long, whats the diff ?
If Garret said so then id like to see it.
Just so you know my turbos spinn around 90,000 rpm. :P
Old 12-09-2009, 06:32 PM
altailites
JUNIOR BUILDER

BTW this is the stock oil feed hole on my 88mm turbos so can you please send me a 1/2 inch drill bit .I want to make sure they have plenty of oil :P