Dyno Flow engine builders

Old 09-09-2009, 04:29 AM
ratoflic
SHOW GUEST

Default My little .2cents!!!

That's not probably help anybody now...but I was ordering a Shortblock (421 stroker sbc) before to read all the warning here on Racingjunk....I was afraid at first sight.....This guy was correct on all the email...I was sending allot of email and asking allot of question and always be polite on each one...

I was receive the Shorblock last week. Everything seem to look right...seem well machined, Rod clearance to block is allright....The only thing I can tell right now is the crating...Not well crated....but nothing is broken...

I will dissassemble the short block to verified all the clearance (cylinder to wall, between each rod, crankshaft endplay, and wit filler gauge all the bearing clearance....And will give you other spec....
Old 09-09-2009, 03:08 PM
nova72
JOURNEYMAN

does any one have good to say about the famous dynoBLOW..........
Old 09-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Okay, so every once in awhile they build a motor decent & make some guy happy... END OF STORY. The rest of the time, they fail, piss people off, hide like cowards, don't return phone calls, don't back up their product, etc... I WOULD BE EMBARRASSED TO COME ON HERE & DEFEND THEM!!!

We are not talking about a few people who had bad dealings or could have blown the motors by their own mistakes; we are talking about a business that should be SHUT DOWN because they screw good people.

No offense, but Lively said it well... "Consider yourself lucky" if this is not your personal experience with DynaBlow.

To me, it is simple... I will not buy DynaBlow, FRAM, maybe even Centerline... I MEAN, HOW MUCH EVIDENCE DO YOU NEED?????? WAKE UP!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:16 PM
firepro65
JOURNEYMAN

Default dynaflo

I bought a 540 long block and now it is back there getting whatever. no inner studs were installed like promised, installed motor and all it did was pressurize my radiator, he says I hurt it.( started the motor it got to 200 degrees in 10 minutes of idling so I called him he said don't worry about it. Next morning car is cold, I popped the radiator cap and boom. He said it is fine) And I am the stupid one. Intake was not torqued, used double intake gaskets glued togeather, water in motor, I can go on and on. I live in Vegas so I took it back and he says he will fix it. I hired a business to do a job, if not fixed I will simply sue him. He was rude and employees come and go that should say alot. A girl put mine togeather which I thought was cool. I will update everyone as to what happens.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:42 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Good luck. And yes please keep us up to date.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:47 AM
firepro65
JOURNEYMAN

I will, he said about a week. The funny thing was. When he dynoed it, on the first pull it was lean as hell. He said I hope it was ok. I got it on video. What is sad about the whole thing is, I was going to buy a stage 2 from Shaifiroff but wanted to keep the money in my town, he talked a good game. I am an idiot.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:36 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by firepro65
I will, he said about a week. The funny thing was. When he dynoed it, on the first pull it was lean as hell. He said I hope it was ok. I got it on video. What is sad about the whole thing is, I was going to buy a stage 2 from Shaifiroff but wanted to keep the money in my town, he talked a good game. I am an idiot.
Shafiroff is a quality engine builder. Known for making good power and engines that last. I've never purchased anything from Dynoflow, but have heard some good and bad stories.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:43 PM
jenavet
SHOW GUEST

bad luck out this way as well...a freind bought a 632...2-3 passes was hurt bad...shipped it back to dynablow...they shipped it back...4 passes camshaft broke.i felt real bad for him he lost alot of money on that deal

but my question is how the heck is this guy still in busuiness.??..usually it catches up...either word of mouth or legal issues...the owner has to have some serious sack heading to work each day knowing how many people he has ripped.....and this has been going on for years...i dont get it??
Old 10-07-2009, 05:06 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

I looked at his web site a bunch, but if you notice that whenever you "upgrade" the parts you don't pay the difference you pay the full price of the new part. When you add it all up he's not cheaper.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:30 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

I almost went with him a couple years back ,talked the talk on the phone.I did a google search ,and well it was over from there.............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -