Do you talk racing with coworkers?

Old 08-04-2009, 07:29 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Well i do get to talk about racing a lot because of my parts business and my customers get to let me know how they enjoyed beating me .
And i buy and wholesale cars for a large dealer and a auto auction so I'm around it all the time and of course they all want me to tell them what they should do to there engine's or what they need to do.
I guess i will start telling them to get a 3/4 cam that would help.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:32 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Very seldom do I have anyone relate to me that they have attended a drag race event,buy every once in a while you get one or two of them guys that proclaim they have mastered the power of their old streeet machine monster, WITH OF COURSE A 3/4 Race Cam.

Have you ever had the unique experience to have been in the presence of a guy who had a FULL RACE CAM in his car.

If you ever listen to anyoone describe their race cam there is a distinct difference between a 3/4 race and a full Race cam.

If you have ever heard anyone tell you about their full race cam CAM-Arrow, you know what I mean. Even when they say Full Race Cam, those three words seem to roll off their tongue in slow motion, but with emphisis and a little "I had a full race cam Swagger". Last but not least they look at you like you have never had one, there ain't no way. Mine was a special grind, a "ONE OFF" or A "ONE OF A KIND". H_LL, it was so bad ass they quit making it.... Too may people were getting hurt by wrapping their cars around telephone poles....

Last year I met a guy who told me a story about his old car that he ended up selling that had a FUUULLLLLLL race cam in'ner. Needless to say that story took over an hour and it was one of those stories that you wish you never had to hear......... :? :? :?
Old 08-04-2009, 07:40 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Well I have a story for you guys.......

I had a 1970 Ranchero. It was fast. It didnt have a full race cam or a 3/4 cam. I think it had a 1/4 cam. I just wish I had a 3/4 cam in it. Or I should have put a Vette motor with 3/4 cam in it.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:11 PM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

my lawnmower has a couple 3/4 cams in er
Old 08-04-2009, 09:40 PM
michael1
MASTER BUILDER

Before I got hurt at work, every Monday my boss would talk about nascar and one of the other guys would talk about his dirt track car. When I had one of my cars in the warehouse the other people that don't know anything about cars thought it had spare tires on the front because of the skinny tires. I told them you don't need big tires in the front because real race cars go in a straight line.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:52 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by harbone66
are they taking any applications for employment? I have 20+ years in automotive management and would LOVE to work at the track! Then you would have someone to talk to all day about racing...
Wish I knew that last year when they were looking for a new dragstrip manager.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:00 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by michael1
Before I got hurt at work, every Monday my boss would talk about nascar and one of the other guys would talk about his dirt track car. When I had one of my cars in the warehouse the other people that don't know anything about cars thought it had spare tires on the front because of the skinny tires. I told them you don't need big tires in the front because real race cars go in a straight line.
I had my car in the shop at work with the body off. My boss is an excellent welder and was going to fix a couple of things for me. The ticketing manager walked in and said "Cool! Who's dune buggy is this?" He was completely serious. :? We all know dune buggies have BBC in the front and slicks on the back.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:51 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

slowmotion,
just my luck, day late and a dollar short!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 08-06-2009, 12:25 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

slowmotion,

Dune Buggy????????

You are freaking kidding me, Right????????
Old 08-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Anyone heard of the illusive "Split Cam??" Oh yeah, a mexican kid I knew in high school had a primer 69 Mach 1 w/a 302 & a Split Cam. I heard it run... it did have a lope to it... but more like a RV Cam or 3/8 cam. I asked him: "What is a split cam?" He said: "I am not sure, my uncle (Ernesto) built the motor, but it some kind of new cam". He actually painted the headers that chrome paint color ... man, it was hedious. Maybe you have to be sponsored by Crane to have a full/split cam...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -