Opinions on this car...

Old 04-03-2008, 10:42 PM
sc3314
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Pro Street

It is really very hard to put a race car on the street, and a street car on the track. either way your going to break something. Drag racing suspension is meant to go STRAIGHT on a smooth surface.

The 5500 stahl converter is not for the street. 5.83 gear with a spool not for cornering. Your going to need more than pump gas for that motor. Being fun driving it will wear off real soon. Remember fiberglass, and tin work crush in the slightest of impacts.

I busted a hymn joint on the wish bone on a 4 link pro street car. Just pulling out onto the road. It took out both wheel wells, on a fresh paint job. Had a flat on the rear M/T tire, called a flat bed to haul it 20 miles home.

I think your better of with a ladder bar car for the street. If it's a 4 link, I would shy away from it. Look at the welds, fab work that has been done, wiring. Don't let pretty paint fool you. Be safe, but if you want race the track is the place to do it! COOL CAR

Good Luck
Old 04-04-2008, 06:09 AM
toestothesun
APPRENTICE

thanks alot I appreciate all the feedback. Definitely giving me some things to think about.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:25 AM
NorthMotorSports
MASTER BUILDER

I agree for the most part.... Now if ur gonna just drive it up to sonic and park it for people to look at it that to me wouldnt be any big deal but u shouldnt drive it all over town like they said above it would beat the hell out of the car just my opinion
Old 04-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Oldewalnut
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Camaro

Yeah, just have to chime in with the others. Nice car but belongs on the track. Goin' along with the majority here, it would be fun to turn heads the first half dozen times you take it out.

With that motor, a Powerglide, itself having a deep gear, in combination with deep rear end gears AND a spool. After it overheats on you a time or two. Or worse yet, you break something, like a rocker arm or a valve spring or a valve, with that cam, you got a some pretty stout springs. I judge you'd be sick of it pretty quick and then you'd have either a driveway or garage queen.

This just doesn't look like what I would want for a street car. Others mileage may vary!
Old 04-04-2008, 05:38 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

NICE CAR---BUT --WAY TO DEEP OF GEARS/ ABSOLUTELY NO SPOOLS ON THE STREET/ I LIKE THE CAGE/THE FUEL CELL[PRO STREETS ARE NICE]--TO DRIVE IT ALOT WOULD GET EXPENSIVE/ PUMP GAS WOULD BE NICE ON THE STREET[ BUT IF YOU CAN AFFORD THE CAR YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO AFFORD THE FUEL--OTHERWISE DO NOT BUY IT!!!]---AND IT IS A CHEVY ops: ops: ops: :roll: :roll:

LIVELY
Old 04-04-2008, 06:37 PM
sg5492
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by NorthMotorSports
I agree for the most part.... Now if ur gonna just drive it up to sonic and park it for people to look at it that to me wouldnt be any big deal but u shouldnt drive it all over town like they said above it would beat the hell out of the car just my opinion

I agree