Racers beware of jrlj :

Old 03-21-2008, 09:17 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Default carb

Yeah i bet you have racecars, Look this is my last and final post to you, you believe what you want to, but one thing is for sure and certain, you are alone in your beliefs, everyone else see's it different and for what it is. maybe you need to come here and see real racecars!!
Old 03-21-2008, 09:31 PM
67ss396chevelle
JOURNEYMAN

Default Re: carb

Originally Posted by mopar1968
Yeah i bet you have racecars, Look this is my last and final post to you, you believe what you want to, but one thing is for sure and certain, you are alone in your beliefs, everyone else see's it different and for what it is. maybe you need to come here and see real racecars!!
Look MOP I know your ego is bruised a bit but that is what an open discussion does sometimes. You shouldnt threaten people though, it doesnt look good on your part. I dont mind being the only one with a certain point of view as long as I feel its right. I think you would be surprised at how many other people see it different than you and your buddies do. and yes I said RACECARS we teamed up with a guy from cali and were going to be traveling around the south and northeast some doing a few races. maybe we will meet up one day who knows. does 260-270 mph qualify as a REAL racecar in your book?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:45 PM
lano
JUNIOR BUILDER

does 260-270 mph qualify as a REAL racecar in your book?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
depends on if your going down the strip, or over a cliff ? :lol:
Old 03-21-2008, 09:48 PM
67ss396chevelle
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by lano
does 260-270 mph qualify as a REAL racecar in your book?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
depends on if your going down the strip, or over a cliff ? :lol:
LOL :lol: I guess it doesnt matter as long as you get the win light.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:25 AM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

Well it seems we have someone here that has more money to spend then some of us slower wanna be's.(67 SS) So why would this matter even bother you? Hell, go ahead buy the man a brand new Dominator and write it off on taxes next year, to show us how real money is thrown away. And everyone will see what a great top fuel man you are. Shoot man, most fellow racers would see it was an honest mistake and after the time and money he spent, would have sent the carb back to be a real fellow racer. He was never the man asking for his carb back, but look at the money he's out. Some of us don't have money and live paycheck to paycheck. So buying something for our cars is something to look forward to. Not trying to get ahead and then having to take 2 steps back. Accident or not, he stepped up and tried to do what was best. People on here are just saying that 99% of us would have just sent the man his carb back. Until your in a poor man shoes your whole life, please get off his case. As far as real racecars go, 260-270 is very impressive to be paid for, but real racecars are built in the backyards and single car garages of America with real blood, sweat and tears. And we are as or more proud of our slow stuff, then anybody that can buy a fast car/dragster. :P Flame off
Old 03-22-2008, 07:28 AM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/36418 Here's the profile for that name in the classifieds
Old 03-22-2008, 08:07 AM
67ss396chevelle
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by insane4fbodys
Well it seems we have someone here that has more money to spend then some of us slower wanna be's.(67 SS) So why would this matter even bother you? Hell, go ahead buy the man a brand new Dominator and write it off on taxes next year, to show us how real money is thrown away. And everyone will see what a great top fuel man you are. Shoot man, most fellow racers would see it was an honest mistake and after the time and money he spent, would have sent the carb back to be a real fellow racer. He was never the man asking for his carb back, but look at the money he's out. Some of us don't have money and live paycheck to paycheck. So buying something for our cars is something to look forward to. Not trying to get ahead and then having to take 2 steps back. Accident or not, he stepped up and tried to do what was best. People on here are just saying that 99% of us would have just sent the man his carb back. Until your in a poor man shoes your whole life, please get off his case. As far as real racecars go, 260-270 is very impressive to be paid for, but real racecars are built in the backyards and single car garages of America with real blood, sweat and tears. And we are as or more proud of our slow stuff, then anybody that can buy a fast car/dragster. :P Flame off

So im supposed to feel bad because I worked smart in life and have something and you didnt. Give me a break. 99% of you might have given it back and thats fine but you cant come down on jrlj because he doesnt have the same view as you. as far as being poor well, I was raised poor and decided I would not make my kid go through the same thing in llife that I had to. Dont you want better for your family? Maybe if your sooo poor you should stop racing and use the money to invest or build a profitable business. Then come back and build a nice car. :lol: just a thought. your comment about real race cars being built by blood sweat and blah blah blah dude get off your soap box. We all turn wrenches and sweat a lot to do this stuff and I spend my money wisely. I bet 75% of you fellas have more in your cars than we do.

I have told MOP I was not attacking him personally. I decided to voice my opinion and people started questioning it. So I explained my reasoning in this. I was only trying to show another point of view fellas.

Its amazing how far we have got off the subject. The further we get the more correct I know I am. So you fellas flame away if you like. My opinion makes my no less of a racer than you.

Thanks for posting my profile. Mop kept asking for it but I didnt know how to post.

Oh yeh I would go buy him a new dominator but he would probably just give it away too. LOL just kidding felllas :lol: :lol:
Old 03-22-2008, 08:11 AM
67ss396chevelle
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by insane4fbodys
http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/36418 Here's the profile for that name in the classifieds
How do I fill out a profile in the forums?

Well we are going to the lake for the day so it will be later on this afternoon before i get to read your wonderful replies. Hopefully you and mop will think about what has been said and take into account I have stated several times IT JUST AN OPINION just as your thoughts are. You guys have a great day.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:55 AM
67ss396chevelle
JOURNEYMAN

insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:32 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been in this game for a long time. The ads that make me fall out laughing is the people that think they can spend 25-50K or more on something and then someone wants to give them their money back. Come on, this sport is like gambling, there's no real winners just the fun of spending the money and driving it. I like pro street style cars with the stock dash's left in them in them. First thing that kills these ads for me is Nicest Prostreet on Racing junk, and there's nothing left of the car they started with. All aluminum panels, dash, door panels and lexan windows. I guess I should be able to get $ 100,000 out of my #'s matching 71 SS/RS 396 Camaro then. Even with the flowmasters and TT II's. ROFLMAO

Well just the fun of spending money huh? What happened to blood sweat tears and building it in the dirt in the backyard with your kids running wild thru the yard chasing the dog and on and on. I have to say I think 25k is a good bit of money but wow a 100k for your car? Sounds like someone is living big paycheck to paycheck.

ok thats it I am going to the lake. LOL :lol:
Old 03-22-2008, 09:02 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

CATCH'N FISH OR BOATING FOR FUN? I can't wait to go fish'n.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -