What do you think about this, another ebay question

Old 03-19-2008, 09:35 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by insane4fbodys
Sorry that got to you Tod. I have always let 0 feedback bidders bid in the past, just because everyone has to start there. But I have seen a lot of, if you have 5, 10, 15 or under contact me before you bid clause's. I may go that route. I wouldn't do everyone in over this 1, but over the last year I have had at least 7 "0-7" feedback bidders never follow through. This 1 actually paid and then became a jerk. I guess I'm just upset that it cost me to not sell anything. And his last email says he's going to contact ebay to tell them what a sorry person I am. :lol: I told him go ahead, as he's the 1 without anything but his loud mouth to stand on. I never wrote 1 ill word to him the whole time. Maybe I need to have a list of the deadbeats and just cancel their bids. Anyway sorry that came across wrong for you.
I have to agree with Tod on this, i too have a 100% feed back on Ebay (only 34* BUT)(zipper050_3) I think the better way to list is NOTE! people with (0) feed back contact seller before bidding, another thing that's been happening with a lot of ebay sellers is, they state you must have a registered/certified paypal account/address that they will ship to. In my opinion this is good if you are a high end seller. You may not sell as much but you will have less problems in the end. I've had a paypal account for 7 yrs. and only one none shipper. If i list a car i ask for the down payment thru paypal and the bal. in certified or cash funds within 10 days or at pickup.

I'm more afraid of a seller listing something with (0) feed back than a buyer with (0) feed back.

JMO

Zip.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Sorry that got to you Tod. I have always let 0 feedback bidders bid in the past, just because everyone has to start there. But I have seen a lot of, if you have 5, 10, 15 or under contact me before you bid clause's. I may go that route. I wouldn't do everyone in over this 1, but over the last year I have had at least 7 "0-7" feedback bidders never follow through. This 1 actually paid and then became a jerk. I guess I'm just upset that it cost me to not sell anything. And his last email says he's going to contact ebay to tell them what a sorry person I am. :lol: I told him go ahead, as he's the 1 without anything but his loud mouth to stand on. I never wrote 1 ill word to him the whole time. Maybe I need to have a list of the deadbeats and just cancel their bids. Anyway sorry that came across wrong for you.
I have to agree with Tod on this, i too have a 100% feed back on Ebay (only 34* BUT)(zipper050_3) I think the better way to list is NOTE! people with (0) feed back contact seller before bidding, another thing that's been happening with a lot of ebay sellers is, they state you must have a registered/certified paypal account/address that they will ship to. In my opinion this is good if you are a high end seller. You may not sell as much but you will have less problems in the end. I've had a paypal account for 7 yrs. and only one none shipper. If i list a car i ask for the down payment thru paypal and the bal. in certified or cash funds within 10 days or at pickup.

I'm more afraid of a seller listing something with (0) feed back than a buyer with (0) feed back.

JMO

Zip.
It didn't upset me ...I was just pointing out that everyone starts somewhere....I have seen those clauses also about contacting before bidding...
.I( Todj74) have canceled a guys bid one time. Last summer I sold a brand new 1178 302 Chevy crank that had never been in a motor...It was purchased new at Chevrolet Dealer years ago for a USAC sprint car motor and before it was used the rules were changed to allow 355 ci (I think) so it was never installed. My Father had it rat holed all these years hoping to someday build a 302...Anyway he ended up giving it to me and I sold it for $ 903 and some change . One guy was out bidding several guys..every time they bid more so did he...well I looked at his feedback and it was set to "Private" :shock: That concerned me...what was he hiding? I messaged him and asked him why his feedback was private and told him I wanted to check it...he never responded so I ended up cancelling his bid cause I was afraid he would be a Non Paying Bidder...and I needed the money badly at the time, and didn't want to have to relist and wait another week.

I don't blame you for being sore at that guy that would tic me off too.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:17 PM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

The guy got his money back and sent a email back saying that we was both wrong in this deal, and that money was short because he's going back to school. Going to be a lawyer, hmmm. Don't walk but run Forrest run! Was ready to sue me because he couldn't read.I was just pissed that not only did I pay for the auctions on these but got to pay Ebay the extra from what they sold for. And I still have both rims. I'm to lazy to write a clause in any of my ads, but I will do as you did, if I smell something fishy. Anyway if I can help anyone out with a very deceptive ad, please contact me :shock: :lol: :lol: .
Old 03-20-2008, 04:49 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 03-20-2008, 08:36 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

:lol: :lol:
Old 03-21-2008, 12:16 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

The guy got his money back and sent a email back saying that we was both wrong in this deal, and that money was short because he's going back to school. Going to be a lawyer, hmmm. Don't walk but run Forrest run! Was ready to sue me because he couldn't read.I was just pissed that not only did I pay for the auctions on these but got to pay Ebay the extra from what they sold for. And I still have both rims. I'm to lazy to write a clause in any of my ads, but I will do as you did, if I smell something fishy. Anyway if I can help anyone out with a very deceptive ad, please contact me :shock: :lol: :lol: .
I hope that guy doesn't buy any parts from Ron Owens...Ron will end up in court once Ol' Perry Mason there finds out that the blonde chic doesn't go with the parts...even though she is in the picture.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:33 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

get on ebay live and tell them the situation and I am sure they'd give you your money back.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:17 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Ebay Tip

Did you guys know that if you offer paypal, and are selling a car then you can make the buy-it-now contingent on a $500 deposit? I am sure everyone does.

With regard to zero feedback bidders-let them bid. If they do, send them an email requesting name/address/phone number. If they respond then they are legit.

However if they dont- go into block bidder and add them. This way your auction gets credit for the bid which helps in getting to your reserve or getting the price right, and by blocking them they cannot future bid. Doesnt filter out all the bad guys but it allows you to use them for a change.

Also, if they are legit and did not respond to your request for personal info, you will usually hear from them when they try and up a bid and can't.

Last resort is wait till the end of the suction and then cancel their bids if you think its a scam.

later