Tracking down a dragster

Old 06-18-2016, 12:35 PM
rallen44
SHOW GUEST

Default Tracking down a dragster

Hello everyone,
I am new to posting on forums, but I am trying to locate my friend's dad's old alcohol dragster. My friend's dad is Donald Bailey, and my friend is Donald Bailey as well. Let's call them junior and senior.
When junior was a kid, senior had a 1982 alcohol dragster called Blue Ribbon Special. It was blue and read "Don Bailey" on the side in gold lettering.( I have 2 pictures but cannot figure out how to post them on here) Money became tight sometime around or in 1991 and the car was sold.
We all thoroughly enjoy going to the NHRA Winternationals and Finals each year...the best sport ever!!
A little about Junior and senior. They're both passionate about the sport, have a great father/son relationship and are both cancer survivors. Senior beating the odds three times already!
Fast forward to 4 weeks ago...Senior was diagnosed again this time, doctors say it is terminal and have given him 10-12 months at best. He is currently undergoing treatment to help to make it comfortable. It's hard to believe that part of my racing Wolfpack has been given an estimated expiration date.
Junior and senior are both very special to me and so I've decided to reach out in any way I can think of to try and find this car. I know it is a long shot, but a girl had got to start somewhere right?
Also, junior's little girl, a whopping 4 years old wants to race!! How cool would it be to track this bad boy down, get it back to the family and hold on to it until senior's granddaughter is able to race papa's car one day? I think a part of us hoping it'll give him a little more reason to try and beat the odds once again.

If you've taken the time to read this, thank you! Also if you have any idea as to where else I can look, can point me in the right direction or are able to share this story to anyone that is able to, it would be GREATLY appreciated.