RACING JUNKIE

team g to 454r on my 468 was 2 tenths in the 1/4 one in the 1/8th
Old 10-15-2007, 04:46 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

[img][/img]

Brian

all the time slips say 10/13/07...but it was yesterday 10/14/07...

this was also my solo run..i told the guy at the line i had no clue how the car would react shocking the tires at 4000 rpm hit from the two step..so i got a solo run for saftey..ran straight as an arrow...

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-15-2007, 07:52 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

Congrats again brian, if anyone deserves a bad ass ride like that, you do, excellent vids, you look like you like that car 8) cant wait to see some more, again way cool brian, she looks SWEET
Old 10-15-2007, 08:11 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Brian man no wheelie bars running that kind of times I have seen some cars running way slower then that and get way up in the air if they don't spin and tear there oil pan up.I got wheelie bars on mine and I have just gone 7.25 just in case I need them. Well anyway it sure looked good on the track. I hope the 454-r gets you another tenth I was off on my guess by .06 thats a lot. But I can say I gave it my best shot. Stay with it you will see some 80's.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:48 AM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

Hey brian LOOKS GREAT, GOOD 60 FT !!!!!! WEVE GOT TO GO TO SHADY SIDE SOME TIME !!!! looks like a great spot! great vids!!! NEW YOU COULD GO 5'S AFTER INTAKE CHANGE- 2/10'S. David.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:10 AM
nemesisracing
JUNIOR BUILDER

Brian,
You did a great job man! I know that you are proud of your accomplishment and we are all real happy for you! Good luck with getting it even lower in the 5's and I guess I don't have to tell you to be careful!
Mike
Old 10-16-2007, 05:15 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by woodsman
Brian man no wheelie bars running that kind of times I have seen some cars running way slower then that and get way up in the air if they don't spin and tear there oil pan up.I got wheelie bars on mine and I have just gone 7.25 just in case I need them. Well anyway it sure looked good on the track. I hope the 454-r gets you another tenth I was off on my guess by .06 thats a lot. But I can say I gave it my best shot. Stay with it you will see some 80's.
yeah i know Wes...but i am squeezing mine for about all it has right now..i might see another tenth or so with some fine tunning, but in all reality if i see 80's in street trim at this weight i will be very luckey..not too much more i can chage off excet the 454r intake and screw around with the carb..other then that...i just need to drive it..

on the other hand your 7.25 is just the begining..that monster has sooo much more in it...WHY HECK..look at your numbers..you ran a 1.80 60ft ..almost 1/2 second slower than mine and still ran just 2 mph slower than my 114mph....what this tells me is that your car is ready to run and will go anytime you decide you want it to go..of course with all safe and dialed in and hooked up...which will take some time..
i been workinbg on mine for over 3 yrs to be able to run 5.90's in a street trim car over 3k lbs...

Chris ( bowtie454) can be my whitness..when he came to my shop almost 2.5 yrs ago to buy a 406 motor..we were working on it...its tuff to get a heavy door car hooked and strolling...but its done everyday..i am proof and you to will soon be proof..

my vette i DO NOT quite feel as challanged to running the low et's..its been there before..plus its 1,000 lbs lighter than the camaro and 500 more hp..the vette has seen some 0.90 60 fts on good tracks and consistant 1.12- 1.14 on decent tracks...we shall see i am having too much fun with my camaro now to think about it..in the south we got too much racing left to stop and get to working on something else....lol

good luck my friend and thanks for the compliments..it means a lot to me ..we all put our best into this crazy sport...lol.....YOUR NEXT !

Brian

Old 10-16-2007, 05:31 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

That is a really nice car. YOU RUINED IT!!! :x IT SHOULD BE ALL ORIGINAL@!!! I am just teasing. I hate hearing that too. It is much better like you have it. How the heck did you get it to 3000 lbs with all the glass,steel body and what not? especially with the cage.. My Nova is gutted with lexan and glass bumpers,hood and decklid,and it weighs 3050 with my fat butt in it and full of fuel. ops: Anyway congrats on bust'n the 5's and again,that is a very cool car.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:15 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
That is a really nice car. YOU RUINED IT!!! :x IT SHOULD BE ALL ORIGINAL@!!! I am just teasing. I hate hearing that too. It is much better like you have it. How the heck did you get it to 3000 lbs with all the glass,steel body and what not? especially with the cage.. My Nova is gutted with lexan and glass bumpers,hood and decklid,and it weighs 3050 with my fat butt in it and full of fuel. ops: Anyway congrats on bust'n the 5's and again,that is a very cool car.

TOD..I really do not know what the 67 camaro's weight from the factory WET..and i also do not know what the Nova's weigh stock from the factory.....
the cage is NOT a full funny car cage..i have the door X bars, head hoop, the bar that comes across the dash,bars that lead thru the firewall and tie in the front clip box tubing..the front clip and the main rails under the car is all factory, so is the tail end of the car.......what we did was remove the factory steel floor pans and replace with aluminum,,so basically anywhere we could remove the heavy gage factory steel...we did and replaced it with light aluminum......
i have a 9 inch braced rear end, with 33 spline axles ( moser) w/ full spool, "N" Nodual iron center section with 500 richmond gear...custom 3.5 drive shaft with Billet yokes......we made a custome set of tublar a-arms and modified the engine cradle for the Bigger engine and exhaust,,we also moved the motor back past the 10% rule..so its 49/51 percent front to rear weight.....

this car was built as a true PRO-STREET car...NOT a ALL OUT race car..i am sure the cage as it is now would not certify ..i would have to add some bars here and there...the tube thickness is OK its all 1.34 wall..but my cage is just a minimum 8 point cage...so here is SOME OF THE MISSING WEIGHT.

I could take off an easy 200lbs by changing out glass, fiberglass bumbers door regulators....and my 5.99 pass would have been 5.79 pass..but to me its not worth it.......

what i plan to do in the future is put together another 3rd member...with a 4.30 gear..with a 35 spline spool........then i am gonna buy another converter that is tight for NOS......When i get my 454r intake in next week i am taking it to have the port work done..the bosses have been drilled for the fogger...so i cam gonna plumb up my own fogger and have it in place...my cam profile will like a little NOS..plus i have cometic head gaskets with arp studs and a good bottom end........

so i will place my 4.30 gear in there with tight converter and spray the car 200/250 shot of NOS off the line...i feel it should get down in the 5.40/5.50 range...
the good thing is that the converter and the 4.30 gear will be easier driving on the street anyhow.....me and the wife will drive this car to the local Mcdonalds FOR CRUISE INN'S etc...i have a set of 2 ft turndowns i slide on the exhaust to quiten her down a little..

thats my future plans for my 67 camaro...

of course i will run it again with the 454r intake before i do anything else.

thanks Brian[/u]