(( WARNING )) DYNOFLO ENGINES BAD DEALINGS

Old 04-22-2007, 08:43 AM
  #171  
chevguy65
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ID
Posts: 1,124
Default

Here is the last message exchange I had with the fine folks at dynoflo....

From: chevguy65 To: dynoflo Date: 2007-04-02 08:08:02
Subject: Re: 454 sbc
Re: Ad #809660
Message: Look, I am not threatening to slander anyone, I just want the facts.

He bought a completed and assembled short block, so why would he question your work (if your so reputable)when he assembled the rest of the engine?

If you assembled it, it is your responsibility to make it right, whether the rod bolt was under torqued or over torqued and stripped.

You may be a reputable company, but guess what, mistakes happen, maybe your second torque wrench guy stripped it and didn't say anything because the short block was already over due to go out.

I am just saying be man enough to make it right if your company made it's 1st mistake.

On [2007-04-01 22:45:30] chevguy65 wrote:
> " Thanks for accusing instead of asking what the facts are the way we see it and then drawing a conclusion from information from both sides.
> "
>
> I never accused I did ask.
> You say you NEVER had a failure and I find that hard to believe, everyone has.
>
> Now, I have also seen that your workmanship has been in question before, so again I find your story even harder to believe.
>
> I tried to have you defend yourself and explain what may have happened, instead you send me excuses and in your words, blame the other guy.
>
> You say you torque and re-torque the rod bolts, but obviously you dropped the ball on this one, otherwise the bolt would not have dropped in 8 minutes.
>
> This is the type of excuse making I have heard before from other so called builders.
>
>
> LOL, I just noticed you say you have no idea who I am talking about and then say "I did offer to check it out and tell them what I felt happened" so either you are lying or cannot keep your make believe seperated from reality.
>
> This is my opinion, based on what I have heard from both sides.
>
>
> On [2007-04-01 21:50:14] dynoflo wrote:
> > I do appreciate your desire to communicate in this fashion, about an issue that is quite simple. First I have no idea who the person is, as well as how long ago that they purchased this short block. however, i do know that things happen after these shortblocks that are shipped, and that the folks who work on them, may or may not know anything about what they are doing, i also know that these folks in their garages make a bunch of mistakes. Second and the part that is most important, We build these everyday. There is no one more familiar with these parts than us. We don't ever have any failures of these rods or their bolts, which leaves the torque procedure, which it seems that so many people cannot get right, but we actually follow the directions from arp on these fasteners, and then i have a second person with a second torque wrench double check all the torques on the engine prior to shipping. this avoids silly people making claims of our impropriety. so this does make the likelyhood that something else happened very likely. I did offer to check it out and tell them what I felt happened, but I guess it is easier to try to blame the other guy than step up to the plate. people do a bunch of stuff to their own stuff that they want to blame the world for their issues, and then they tell their friends to email stuff like this. Tell the "mechanic" to do his job right instead of pointing at everyone else. 8 minutes, you really have to suck to screw up that badly. I have very high standards of excellence and I can assure you that this won't be the first time I have been blamed for someone else's deal. Thanks for accusing instead of asking what the facts are the way we see it and then drawing a conclusion from information from both sides.
> >
> > On [2007-03-31 21:46:59] chevguy65 wrote:
> > > Hi, I have never dealt with you personally so this is coming second hand from a good friend that I feel is honest and would have no reason to lie to me.
> > >
> > > He has stated that you built one of these short blocks for him and after running for only 8 minutes it popped a rod bolt and chewed the engine. He also states you are unwilling to stand behind your work and make it right for this guy.
> > >
> > > If this is the case, how do you expect to stay in business, word travels fast in the racing community as well as the internet, perhaps you have seen the scammer section.
> > >
> > > I am in no way making threats, just giving you some advice and asking if this is true.
> > >
> > > Like I said I only have one side of the story and would like to hear yours.
chevguy65 is offline  
Old 04-22-2007, 09:29 AM
  #172  
lively
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
lively's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ILLINOIS
Posts: 2,190
Default

I THINK SCOTT IS NOT SEEING THE TRUE PICTURE HERE---------THE ROD DIDN'T FAIL FIRST--THE ROD BOLTS CAME LOOSE FROM NOT BEING TORQUED PROPERLY---PRETTY SIMPLE REALLY---JUST TAKE CARE OF IT AND I PERSONALLY WILL RECOMMEND DYNOFLO JUST FOR TAKING CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!----WAIT A MINUTE DAGNABIT--I AIN'T A PROFFESIONAL ENGINE BUILDER--GOLLY I AM TUPID A DUM :lol: :lol:
lively is offline  
Old 04-22-2007, 09:39 AM
  #173  
slowman
Senior Member
MASTER BUILDER
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: mich
Posts: 208
Default

(((dynoflo said this,.We are the real deal and have been. we do this all in house.)) dynoflo your using those words very loosely your the real deal. please the only thing i see all over the internet is you don't stand behind your work and have made a ton of stupid mistakes. i guess that all those guys are wrong to. it's to bad that you not smart enough to see how many have already read the post and how many have turned away from you. it's only going to get worse and this is not going away you screw one you screw all. this could have only cost you 4000 but by the time this is over it could cost you in the tens of thuosands. you claim you have records big deal. the only records i see is the amount of times you screw something up and blame the other guy for it. AND AS FAR AS THE RECODS I WOULD BET MY LIFE ON IT THAT THERE IS NO ONE IN YOUR SHOP THAT CAN PORT A SET OF PRO STOCK HEADS AND MAKE THEM RIGHT. SO IF YOU DO HAVE A CAR OR A RECORD IN IHRA PROSTOCK IT DIDN'T COME FROM YOU. YOU NEED TO TELL WERE YOU GOT THE HEADS BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T DO THEM AND THERE NO WAY THEY CAME FROM IN HOUSE SO THERE'S ONE MORE LIE. IF YOU PUT THE ENGINE TOGATHER THEN LIKE WE HAVE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG YOUR JUST THE GUY THAT BOLTS STUFF TOGATHER. I'M USING THE BOLT TOGATHER VERY VERY LOOSELY. YOU CAN ONLY SCREW SO MANY BEFORE IT COMES BACK AND BITS YOU IN THE REAR.
slowman is offline  
Old 04-22-2007, 12:22 PM
  #174  
lookingaround
Senior Member
RACING JUNKIE
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lenoir City Tennessee
Posts: 864
Default

there has been 8610 people that has veiwed this port. that cant be good for buissness
lookingaround is offline  
Old 04-22-2007, 04:04 PM
  #175  
etbird
Senior Member
MASTER BUILDER
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 140
Default

Ouch!
etbird is offline  
Old 04-22-2007, 05:35 PM
  #176  
lotsof454sss
Senior Member
DYNO OPERATOR
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Georgia "GODS COUNTRY"
Posts: 538
Default

uhhhhh Avery, I looked at it twice so reduce that by number by one, but I did tell 25 people about it in person so they would all know.....Does that still mean 8610 :?: :lol: :lol: Boy I would like to buy some "good advertising" for what this would have cost in the beginning to work with the customer in correcting the situation...This sure is a hell of a lot of "bad advertising" for a small amount it would have cost to eat a few parts out of $2 million in inventory.....Agreed anyone :?: Can I get ah 'Hell Yea"..................
lotsof454sss is offline  
Old 04-22-2007, 07:27 PM
  #177  
slowman
Senior Member
MASTER BUILDER
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: mich
Posts: 208
Default

hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllll yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa button stuck sorry
slowman is offline  
Old 04-23-2007, 11:58 AM
  #178  
vincef
Member
JUNIOR BUILDER
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 67
Default

Good to see this info - I am having trouble with a diff engine builder I chose about a year ago - yes one year ago!!! I paid the guy upfront and he ran into financial problems and I have paid the ultimate price. No motor YET and out the money. Supposedly he is still working to make the deal right......long story that I previously posted in the Scammer section.

Motor is suppose to come soon- HOWEVER IF NEED BE AND I HAVE TO SELECT A NEW BUILDER WITH 100% CERTAINTY I WILL NOT BUY FROM DYNOFLO after reading the history and more importantly the responses from the owner.

Local builders will always work out best IMO.
vincef is offline  
Old 04-23-2007, 04:16 PM
  #179  
mikkey
Junior Member
APPRENTICE
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Swanton OH
Posts: 17
Default Dynoflo

Scot I mean me being A side yard mechanic and all, I was just wondering WERE IS THE SPEC CARD ON THE WHOLE MOTOR AND BEING BALANCED AND BLUEPRINTED AND ALL< don't tell mee ya through it away????what did the mains plastigage out to? what were each rod????with the arp rod bolt, after torquing twice(ya right)How many time did you rotate assembly???Show us the spec card???They tought me this in side yard mechanic's aintch ya aver seen that, it's on saturday morning's,You affended alot of people buy your comment's, and I don't care If you have 5 guy's torque everything down, when that motor left your shop It should of had the no,1 grade A stamp on it ready to go!!come on 8 minute's come on????beleive me I've done my reseach and this is not the only unhappy customer you have had, and guess what _____It happens Be A man and rectify this situation,I'll tell ya one I was restoring A 68Z took two year'sbought the motor out of Hemming's buy the time it got to the shop somehow it had A crack in one cylinder the man said ya it's in the mail ya right Hemming's took him out of the book for one month and he called me cryin sayin how I hurt his bussiness,I told him If ya would of took care of me sooner this would not have happened, and beleive me IT'S HURTIN YOU NOW, :evil: :evil: SO IT GOES TO SHOW YA Can either be A man and work together to make this A good deal???or loose money in the long run,Ya Affended Alot Of Peaple!!!!!! I have 3 very nice rides at least that's what I'm told, built them all in the side yard, let's all just get along life's to short as it is!!!
mikkey is offline  
Old 04-23-2007, 04:21 PM
  #180  
garceau
Junior Member
SHOW GUEST
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 6
Default

A couple years ago when I was looking for a big cubic inch engine for my dragster at the time. I really was looking at dynoflo stuff.

I went on DRR and asked around, I did not hear one good thing about them. I tried to search the topic but it has been too long ago and DRR has since switched servers. But I remember one of the posts very well, it stated you wouldnt find any people in and around vegas using their products with much success or HP.

Now I dont know if any of that is true, but when I was looking to build, I asked around. I knew then I would go somewhere else.
garceau is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -