Trouble when dealing with Trouble44 Ohio

Old 10-26-2009, 07:11 PM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

On [2009-10-02 18:54:03] dano350 wrote:
> Well Phil I appreciate the advice about the engine but when i installed the water pump fitting that was missing for the heater hose last night and started to put antifreeze in. the coolant was running out of a missing frost plug so i had a good look at the block and it is cracked near the deck surface on the same side as the missing frost plug. the engine does run fine for an old 350 but what good is it with a cracked block. If you think you can get $500 for the engine send me $400 and i will make the 350 mile trip back and drop it at your door step and that will allow you to make $100. that will cover the $100 you dropped on the price. As I said in the earlier email i know its not alot of money but i would like to get what i paid for. It is to bad the neighbour came later than me i would be interested in how you would deal with these problems with him. I was not happy about the trans. not being a 4spd as you advertised and told me but know it is even more frustrating and i hope this is not the way you usually do business let me know if we can work something between us before i go any further
>
> Thanks Dan

sorry i thought it said water pump
Old 10-26-2009, 07:13 PM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

My 2 Cents is that he bought a CHEAP parts truck... I agree with Tod, if it was ebay or something where it was bought sight unseen it would be different. It was however bought in person and inspected by the buyer. I have seen the stuff that Trouble generally has for sale and it looks like a bunch of quality stuff. As usual its something cheap that gives you hassle...lol...
Old 10-26-2009, 07:20 PM
dano350
SHOW GUEST

If you have a pic look closely at the water pump there was a fitting missing for the heater hose and that's what I stated I never said the pump was missing, and yes the engine did fire that wasn't the issue. It was when I put a fitting in and started to fill it when I found the leaks, As far as price the add was for 1800 on the phone you told me 1500 would buy it I showed up with 1500 when we noticed that the cab had a/c I explained the 100 dollar a/c tax to import the vehicle (you can check into this tax on Canada customs site) it does not matter if it works or not if the vehicle came with it new you have to pay and you agreed to drop the 100 I will give you credit for that but its not like i beat you down from the original price I showed with the 1500 in good faith, AS I said before its not a lot of money and i am glad it wasn't.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:37 PM
lano
JUNIOR BUILDER

To the guys who think THAT YOU should take your lumps for NOT crawling
up, over, around, and completely looking over the piece of shit you
bought, THEN lets see how "THEY HOWL" when the same thing happens
to them.

It is impossible to check everything when purchasing cars and parts,
even when checking out the stuff in person. YOU USUALLY HAVE VERY
LIMITED time, tools, or "whatever" that it takes to do a thorough job of inspection.

ONE HOPES THE SELLER HAD THE SAID GOODS IN HIS POSSESION
LONG ENOUGH TO EVALUATE WHAT HE HAS FOR SALE, AND WILL
GIVE YOU AN HONEST EVALUATION OF WHAT HE HAS FOR SALE.

THAT SAID, Hopefully you learned a lesson here. The next time someone,
(AS IN THIS CASE) CAN"T OR WON"T TELL YOU MUCH about
the "goods" he has for sale, THEN OFFER SCRAP PRICE ONLY,
OR walk away if they don't have good info obout what they have for sale

SOME OF THE SHIT THAT GETS SOLD ON THIS SITE, AND MANY
OTHER WEB SITES, IS JUST PLAIN RIPOFF ARTISTS TAKING
ADVANTAGE OF EASY MARKS,
and some on here help EXCUSE THEM.......GO FIGURE :x :shock: :roll:
Old 10-26-2009, 11:35 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

if you looked at it IN PERSON and was told it is sold AS IS and you STILL bought it then YOU HAVE NO GRIPING ROOM AT ALL
SORRY ,BUT THAT IS HOW IT WORKS ON ANY PURCHASE :? :?

I BUY AND SELL ALOT AND YOU GET GRIPES AND COMPLAINTS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE FENCE--BUT AS IS MEANS JUST THAT :shock: :shock:
I LOOK AT ITEMS AND MAKE MY OWN CHOICE /SOMETIMES YOU WIN[ SOMETIMES YOU DON'T]
LIVELY
Old 10-28-2009, 10:25 AM
dano350
SHOW GUEST

I can understand some of the comments, "no griping room","did not buy it sight on seen", and expected there to be a few, It is not easy admitting letting your guard down and being taken but I think some of his own comments on here tell a story like his early post states" he started the truck and pulled it on the trailer" (would he not notice it wasn't a 4 speed then if he never drove it before makes me wonder) what i took as a gesture of help loading it looks like he jumped in so I wouldn't notice the trans. also he wrote he was in a hurry to leave witch again maybe I let my guard down trying to respect the fact he said that there was a family function out of town he had to attend but later his message says the neighbour came down to buy it after I left ( was he rushing things or did he really have to go I wonder). as a few guys have stated there was nothing but blaming the previous owner and side stepping what the problems were without trying to work something out and allowing you to see how he works he also stated in a message that most of his deals are sold on other sites the nice thing about Racingjunk is we can inform each other and make are own opinions in a effort to look out for each other
Old 10-28-2009, 01:15 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

8) the nice thing about Racingjunk is we can inform each other and make are own opinions in a effort to look out for each other 8)

DANO---
that is a very true statement-AND THAT IS WHAT WE DO HERE IN THIS FORUM :lol: :lol: :lol: