Bowers Racing Engines / Bret Bowers

Old 05-26-2007, 09:36 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: bowers motor

Originally Posted by zano
i ordered a 632 off bret nov. last year $10000 deposit. depending on options i took like elec. water pump etc. i still owed appr. $4000. months went by emailing and phoning back and forth. finally brett said motor was on dyno billed my card $5575. i immediatley disputed it he called asked me why i told him no motor no money sent me a dyno with a date from month earlier. i new it wasn't true but didn't tell him because i wanted my engine. 3 weeks later i had our local d.a. call theirs to press criminal charges and i emailed telling him so. immediatly got my engine no paper work . credit card called me said he billed me $4000 dollars more. i said thats close to what i owe him but he still didn't notify them that the $5575 was wrong. so i disputed the $4000 also called him 6 times left messages i need true dyno parts list and All desputed money taken off or i just will not pay. never called me again never sent dyno papers or anything else.its been a 10 days now i havn't got the motor in my car yet i just hope he did a good job good luck guys zane

WELL I HOPE THE 1ST THING YOU HAVE DONE IS CANCEL THAT CARD AND GET ANOTHER SO THIS CLOWN CAN'T KEEP CHARGING WHATEVER HE FEELS LIKE..YOU CAN DO ALL THIS BY A SIMPLE PHONE CALL..

GOOD LUCK BRIAN

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 05-27-2007, 05:27 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

:idea: :idea: YOU BETTER CHECK THE ENGINE SPECS AND TORQUE SPECS YOURSELF- :idea: :idea: --IT MIGHT NOT BE THE ONE YOU ORDERED!!!---AND WHY DID YOU LET HIM CHARGE YOUR CARD WITHOUT NOTIFICATION FROM YOU[ THAT ISN'T SMART AT ALL- :roll: :roll: PERIOD]--CLOSE THE CARD !!!!!!! 8) 8)
Old 05-27-2007, 05:28 AM
robinhorn
CRAFTSMAN

Bret has changed his company name to B&K... This is the 3rd or 4th time now. One could only wonder why???

The same address s his "Old" Company. This is the same address as his home or well atleast his list it as his home address.

Just change the name on the door and everything is all better.... wow what a way to run a company.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:55 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

gotta agree with Lively here, If somone gives you that kind of bs runaround, then I would not trust that what he sends me is correct or even assembled correctly. I would be pulling that puppy apart and checking everything. Better to find out now than latter.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:03 AM
zano
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default 632

i didn't relize capital one fraud department would contact me to tell me the 5575 would be settled i never had this problem before. i let him bill the second time because i didn't want to cheat him neither. soon as capital 1 called me with the second post they told me don't give him permission unless i here from them that it was settled. the reason i didn't cancel is because i have my card # save for my business all over the place its a reel pain changing i still didn't believe he was a scammer he sounds so sincere until i seen these posts. i just called capitol 1 their system is down talked to a lady there she said i should change card also. thanks guys also i called racing junk they have a # you can call i left a message a few months ago asking if there were any other compaints about bowser they never returned my call thanks alot and good luck zane
Old 05-27-2007, 06:22 AM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Default READ...HAVE YOU BEEN SCAMMED

And the list goes on :!: You need to contact [email protected] and send them all the information..They do not want people that are scamming or attempting to scam on their site advertising..The days of just dropping by here and ripping everyone of for thousands is coming to a stop...It can not be totally stopped because people come here after they have been had and not before...As they suggested you need to check your engine and make sure you got what you paid for and if not the call the authorities again...Read the post in this thread called HAVE YOU BEEN SCAMMED and you will see why...You have the power to send their ass off for awhile and they did you no favor if the engine is not right...DO UNTO OTHERS AS THEY WOULD DO UNTO YOU!!!!
Old 05-27-2007, 06:28 AM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

This is just my 2 cents but I dont think B&K Performance Enterprises/Bowers Racing Engines should be in the Racing Junks.com Performance Racing Directory where more people can get mixed up in this Bret Bowers mess. I know that I wish I would not have got his number off of here. Wesley
Old 05-27-2007, 09:28 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

GOOD LUCK ZANO- 8) 8) --WE ALL HOPE IT TURNS OUT GOOD FOR YOU---YOU HAVE LOTS OF SUPPORT ON HERE NO MATTER HOW IT TURNS OUT---JUST BE HONEST AND WE CAN HELP!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-29-2007, 05:02 PM
sprizefighter
APPRENTICE

Default Hey Guys Check this out!

These are serious accounts of possible theft & fraud. I don't think that Bret is a criminal as much as he is a poor business man. My understanding from a guy that has been to his shop recently, was that Bret is loaded down with work and doesn't have much help. With no other options, I contacted the fraud dept. of Fort Collins and the detective told me how to handle this problem. I sent the registered letter as the first step and in ten days the LAW will do the rest. The detective has reviewed this forum and all of my documatation of my dealings with Bret. This is a criminal matter and it can get ugly for Bret. You cannot take money and not deliver a product or service. In Colorado there are strict laws that give a time limit for delivery as well as federal laws that come into play on wire transfers of money from state to state. I don't believe that Bret is a criminal! I think he is probably a good engine builder and not much of a business man. He has $8000.00 of my money and I will do what I have to do to get my engine or money but I'm looking for solution that won't be so Ugly! Since I've talked to the authorities I'm not nearly as worried. Perhaps someone can talk some sense into Bret. I hear alot of good things about the guy and his work. His home address is different I got it from the city hall off of his business lic. app. This is so dissapointing It Sucks!
Old 10-08-2007, 06:04 AM
mcss496
SHOW GUEST

I bought an engine from Bowers too! He said three weeks and it wound up being eight months. I went the same route, called the Ft. Collins P.D. and was instructed to send him a letter of my intent which I did. There is a fella in his neck of the woods that is a Private Investigator. The Name of his company is Alfa Omega Investigations. The owner of Larry, treated me like a king. I got immediate action out of him with serving Bret papers. Try this guy boys, He is a proffesional.

As for Bret, I'm a business owner myself and am understanding on how a guy like him can get behind. That was why I was so patient. I was also putting my car my car together and didn't need it right away. Like you folks, I sent him a ton of money to get him working without having him pull it out of his pocket.

Well the engine arrived and THEN i allowed payment. I took it out of the box and put it right on our dyno. It made 1078 hp. Ran like a cadillac and was happy with the results. Things I did'nt like about it that still piss me off are:

1. It's got a cheapo balancer on it with a nail for a timing tab!
2. Had head bolts instead of studs.
3. Had the wrong oil pan on it.
4. Had used carbs on it. Which after I did some reserch, found out are really expensive, and cost twice as much as I requested. So I guess it's a wash. I wanted new shit because it's a show car.
5. It arrived with no carb linkage, ignition wires or fuel lines. He later sent some brand new stuff out to me.
6. He still owes me a starter and fluid dampre which I'm sure I'll never see.
7. There were NO spring buckets under the valve springs!!!! It also had crappy valve seals.
8. I paid for a 4-7 swap cam and it wasn't in there... It still made plenty of power so I'm not upset about that.

There are some other little things but WTF, at least I have the engine.

Bret is a really nice guy who builds an awsome engine. He is just a terrible business man. He needs to go get a job where he can still build great engines all day and not be liable for peoples cash. On a final note, I hope that you guys get your money back or what you paid for.