Launch Tuning

Old 07-12-2012, 03:48 AM
wmeabates
MASTER BUILDER

Zip,it sounds like the car is going left when the track is good,by limiting or slowing the travel of the left front it will let the right front load the left better.Once the wheels are up that part is over.Still might be in the tires though.Bill.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:26 AM
dirt91
SHOW GUEST

right about the age of the slicks but they were stored properly and have very few runs on them but it still could be. The problem is not carrying the LF the real issue is that on a clean hot slick track it goes straight.... later on when the track cools off and rubbers up it pulls hard to the left, too much to make it consistent. I have to steer it hard and lose about .08 to hold it off of the center line or wall. it seems to yank left and right up about equal amounts, except the better the track gets it jumps to left on launch.
Thanks for all the input!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:13 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Are all of your rear suspension pivot points solid with zero play ? A slick track gives you more wheel spin so any looseness wouldn't be as prominent as a hooked up launch.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:58 AM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

Do you have adjustible springs in the rear, if so check right rear spring height, you may need to load the left rear spring a little more.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:19 AM
dirt91
SHOW GUEST

all suspension points seem tight, I have found that I had about 5/8 more travel in the LF before it comes off the ground than the RF ( I have evened that out with a travel adjuster). I will either have to shim or spring rubber the LR spring, they are stock type coils.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:45 PM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

You might think about a set of air bags, they may help.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:18 PM
wmeabates
MASTER BUILDER

Do you think you might have put a little more preload in the r/r than you needed?Maybe you can take some of it out and still ok early in the day. Bill.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:21 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

According to Jegs the smallest set of hoosiers-Do5 is 30x9x15, So i agree better check your slicks :!: :!:

Mark
Old 07-12-2012, 05:23 PM
dirt91
SHOW GUEST

Bill, that is exactly what i'm thinking lol, but to change it will require cutting and re welding the frame mount bracket.... which I already have made the replacement pieces to do that but since it worked so good early I was hoping to tune around it. Mark, I'm in on new slicks. These just work really well early so I'm trying to get as much out of them as I can since they are like new.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:45 AM
wmeabates
MASTER BUILDER

Ok Dirt now I got you.When you said non adj.I thought you just did not have the link to adj.them on the car without disconecting them.I had a ladder bar car with stock coils&shocks that worked good with 1/2 inch right side preload,it that tells you anything.Bill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -