Herbert loses Snap-On Sponsorship

Old 11-13-2008, 07:22 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Mike you're one of us little guys who just hopes to go the track and maybe win back the entry fee and travel expense. i donot think we'll see drag racing as it once was except at the smaller tracks. I just got word that Red River in Shrevesport was closing. The guy that owns it is not going to release it to the current lease holder and says he himself is too busy to run it himself. He has more money than god and now the track is for sale. Twin Cities track is for sale here in Monroe La., I also heard that Huntsville track is now changing managements. The only track that i know of that's really happening is holly Springs up in Ms. one of the best tracks around 1/8mile of concrete and smooth as a baby's butt and pays weekly guarenteed payout. Even Memphis is not racing a full schedule, only the big events.
Sorry if i sound fusterated, but it's no longer racing as i used to enjoy it.

Zip.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:42 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

HEY-----BIG MONEY MEANS BIG STUPID PEOPLE START RUINING THINGS ops: ops:
I WILL STILL HONOR THE GRASSROOTS TRACKS AND GO THERE

LIVELY
Old 11-13-2008, 07:48 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

I agree! If i can do it with my own hard earned money or build it myself im not participating. Everyone always ask me why i dont have sponsors on my dragster... i laugh and dont even respond to that question... LOL!!!

Just somethin funny, when i started drag racing i didnt even have a shop to work in at the time, i had to pull the 355 out of my car, put it into a wheel borrow and truck it to the back door of the house so i could fix it.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:34 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default q

one of the reasons we built a funny car was 1 to be different, 2 to be "paid" to race. the tracks we have here and were lucky to have several within 100 miles, love to have something"different". granted we dont get rich but at least we get real close to breaking even at the end of the day and heck its even fun.yea i spent a ton of money to get here but after several years of running brackets going 5,6, even 7 rounds just to get into the money it was getting to a point that it wasnt fun anymore! so i built a funny car. now we pull into the track make a few[3] passes collect more money than the super pro or what ever the class may be winner does and we go home. point is we all have different ways and means to build the car we take to the track, i for one like my car[now a altered] and we now are having fun and we get paid as well!!! but we are one of the lucky ones and yes we do have sponsors but their money did not build this car mine did!