Just want to give Jason7831 some encouragement

Old 02-09-2009, 05:04 PM
wetrats
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by lively
IF YOU KNEW '''EXACTLIY WHAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR IN THAT INTAKE '' THEN WHY DID YOU NOT ASK MORE ????? AND FOR BETTER PICS ops: ops: ops: ----I SUGGESTED HOW TO SETTLE THIS BUT I THINK YOU ARE JUST BEING A SMART ELLECK TO MY FRIENDS AND NEED TO ADMIT --YOU WERE WRONG :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ]
YOUR WELCOME
LIVELY
show me one other victor intake that has rect ports. Not super victor, not victor jr, the ad says victor rect port. If you search the internet for victor rect port you get the 454-R. How is that not misrepresented?

I am trying to settle this but Jason won't respond, so what does that tell you?
Was only a smart elleck to your smart elleck friend.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:13 PM
wetrats
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by blowninjected540
I agree with Lively !! Can't call someone a crook when its your mistake. especially if you know what your looking for. (Slow down and ask questions.) My thoughts
should I have asked are you really selling what you say is in the ad? I don't understand what it is I should have asked?

I am told Victor rect port intake with 4500 flange.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:17 PM
wetrats
APPRENTICE

so I just spoke with Jason and he tells me that he put his ad together based on Jegs advertisement for the intake, and he said " I took the info from the 454-R, rectangular port 4500 flange, I just thought they put the 2-R on it." Now does anyone think it wasn't misrepresented?

We have agreed that I will run an ad to see if I can sell it and if not we'll try another route.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:17 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by wetrats
I agree with Lively !! Can't call someone a crook when its your mistake. especially if you know what your looking for. (Slow down and ask questions.) My thoughts
should I have asked are you really selling what you say is in the ad? I don't understand what it is I should have asked?

LIKE I SAID--YOU HAVE TO ASK ???? AND FOR GOOD PICS AND INFO--OTHERWISE JUST EAT YOUR MISTAKES--AND YES YOU SHOULD HAVE ASKED IF HE TRULLY WAS SELLING WHAT YOU WANTED 8) 8) 8) YOU DID JUST SAY ON HERE YOU KNEW EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANTED :cry: :cry: I AND ALOT OF OTHERS HAVE' POUNDED SAND BEFORE' THAT IS WHY I AM FIRM ON THIS DEAL :shock: :shock:
SORRY BUT :roll: :roll: :roll: NOT BEING MEAN JUST DO NOT LIKE BITCHING AT PEOPLE ABOUT A DEAL WHEN THE BUYER WAS AT FAULT ALSO :? :? :?
LIVELY
Old 02-09-2009, 06:34 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Not taking sides here, but i think posting one picture of an item is not enough. I don't know RJ's policy or if you can post more than one pic. for free (i don't sell here or anywhere else , only word of mouth) But if the intake was posted with 3 pics. 1 top,1 bottom ports showing, and 1 side the mistake would not have been made. I do agree with wet that the ad said sq. port and appearently it's not, now which manifold he had advertised out of the 2 i don't know which was supposed to be the sq. port. I don't think he meant to misrepsent the manifold, but could have easily been misread.
Again not taking sides here, i think the price is good and should sell.

JMO

Zip.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:34 PM
wetrats
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by lively
Originally Posted by wetrats

LIKE I SAID--YOU HAVE TO ASK ???? AND FOR GOOD PICS AND INFO--OTHERWISE JUST EAT YOUR MISTAKES--AND YES YOU SHOULD HAVE ASKED IF HE TRULLY WAS SELLING WHAT YOU WANTED 8) 8) 8) YOU DID JUST SAY ON HERE YOU KNEW EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANTED :cry: :cry: I AND ALOT OF OTHERS HAVE' POUNDED SAND BEFORE' THAT IS WHY I AM FIRM ON THIS DEAL :shock: :shock:
SORRY BUT :roll: :roll: :roll: NOT BEING MEAN JUST DO NOT LIKE BITCHING AT PEOPLE ABOUT A DEAL WHEN THE BUYER WAS AT FAULT ALSO :? :? :?
LIVELY
I'm sure you would feel the same way if you were in my shoes, eh??
Old 02-09-2009, 06:37 PM
wetrats
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Not taking sides here, but i think posting one picture of an item is not enough. I don't know RJ's policy or if you can post more than one pic. for free (i don't sell here or anywhere else , only word of mouth) But if the intake was posted with 3 pics. 1 top,1 bottom ports showing, and 1 side the mistake would not have been made. I do agree with wet that the ad said sq. port and appearently it's not, now which manifold he had advertised out of the 2 i don't know which was supposed to be the sq. port. I don't think he meant to misrepsent the manifold, but could have easily been misread.
Again not taking sides here, i think the price is good and should sell.

JMO

Zip.
the intake I received is a rect port, but it is not the intake I feel like I was described. I expected a victor 454-R not a victor 2-R. No one can produce ANY info on the 2-R so I have no idea where it even came from
Old 02-09-2009, 06:56 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

WETRAT--I HAVE BEEN BUYING AND SELLING AND TRADING FOR OVER 35 YEARS AND HAVE GOT BURNT AND TAKEN AND ALSO MADE STUPID MISTAKES :shock: :shock: BUT I LEARNED FROM MY DEALINGS AND AM VERY FORTRIGHT IN ASKING LOTS OF??? AND WANTING THE PICS OF THE ITEMS LIKE I NEED --I HAVE BEEN IN YOUR SHOES SO AM NOT TALKING JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT-JUST ASK THE GUYS ON HERE AND RELIZE I HATE CROOKED SELLERS/ SCAMMERS/ AND CROOKS-PERIOD :evil: :evil:
BUT WE WANT THE HONEST FACTS OUT OF BOTH SIDES WHEN THINGS ARE BROUGHT INTO THE SCAMMER SECTION :cry: :cry: REMEMBER YOU BROUGHT THIS DEAL HERE!!!

AGAIN NOT BEING MEAN JUST TRUTHFULL
LIVELY
Old 02-09-2009, 07:36 PM
blownalky3
MASTER BUILDER

Default Confused

I am way confused as Rec Port and Sq Port are one and the same. I believe the only difference in the one he wants and the one he has is the RPM range they operate at with the 2R being a higher RPM Manifold. It is obvious from the pic it is dominator flange.

Wetrat, please explain the difference you are upset with? It might help us all later. Thanks
Old 02-09-2009, 07:54 PM
chrisr
MASTER BUILDER

Default Intake

I could be wrong but I believe that when the 454 R first came out is was listed as 454 2-R for rectangular port and 454 2-O for oval ports. The performer and airgap intakes are still listed that way. If this is the case, you have the same intake as a 454-R with a RPM range of 3500-8000. The only way to be sure would be to contact Edelbrock and ask.( Tech department 1-800-416-8628 from 7:00am to 5:00pm, Monday-Friday, PST.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -