ATT :Early/Mid 80's rock n' rollers

Old 11-01-2008, 12:48 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default ac/dc

as a "retired" drummer from the early"hair bands" and a true blue rocker from the 70s[yea i know im old] i was one of the few here to be inline or at walmart when they went on sale 7 tshirts and not one but 3 black ice cds in my hand i was out the door! im proud to be a old but true head banger. thanks to the boys for keeping on !!! mike
Old 11-01-2008, 01:51 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Mike,
The older the violin, the sweeter the music!
Old 11-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Ageed Tod 74!!! A few points about Mullets & Hairbands...

"mpsi" Is Mulletude per square inch. This is measured from the crainium of the skull to the bottom of the mullet. A true Mullet mpsi measurement should be 12" MINIUMUM to claim it. Mine was 18" at one time... about the same time White Snake was in it's prime. It was 1986, AC/DC was a native language... Metallica was getting good too...

But there were imposters... such as Butt-Rock artists... they are not too be confused with the REAL Heavy Metal bands. In my opinion, some included bands like "Stryper" or Air-Supply. This was my point in the earlier thread (I hope I did not make anyone mad).

Nothing like a good mullet however... it is ageless. Scooter
Old 11-02-2008, 02:04 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

the only thing funnier than a Joe Dirt mullet is a skullet.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:53 AM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Rigsby mentioned Whitesnake in 1986, which brings back a sad memory. I was sitting at a redlight after leaving a Whitesnake concert and a Toyota pickup driven by the local police chief's son rear ended my 67 Chevelle SS... :cry: It lived, though sadly, the Toyota didn't make it... :twisted:
Old 11-02-2008, 02:56 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

My next Door Neighbor ( 2 acres over) still has his Mullet..i knew Him from back in the 80's and his Hair style is still the same..except it went from 18 inches to the minimum 12 inches...he looks like Hulk Hogans Buddy.."Knob"......i throw my hand up and laugh everytime i see him coming out of his drivway on his Harley..he also throws up his hand and laughs ..he doesn't have a clue i am tripping on his DOO ! :shock: 8) :lol:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-02-2008, 03:10 PM
hotrod1024
MASTER BUILDER

Default Mullet

Im 38 and still sport a mullet.Had it cut a few times but always end up going back to it.Had it since high school.Went to Savannah last year for St Patricks day.While on river st and downtown watching the parade 2 girls from up north came over to me and my wife and asked could she please take a picture with me because she had never seen anyone in person with a mullet.My wife died laughing.But the girls bought me a beer,so I didnt mind.Wife says i am a mullet wearing redneck and i agree.LOL!Also proud of it.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:51 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

got the new cd a few days ago. i turn it off someday but for now im gonna play it till it melts great rockin roll.who says you cant go back in time. lisening to this makes me feel like im in my 30s again!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 12:22 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

If you want to see an ass kicking, energy filled concert then check out AC/DC Live at Donington! It is currently airing on VH1 Classic rock tv.
Two hours of Angus smoking his strings!! The drummer in this show is Chris Slade, bad assssssss! I think the concert was in the late '80s or early '90s.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:14 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

i got to see ac/dc with the original singer bon scott and he hoisted
angus on his shoulders and walked the aisls and i patted angus
on the back as he passed, i was standing on my chair and was
14, their were other bands that had the bon scott sound like:
Helix, Krokus, but bon scott with his voice,"my balls are always,
bouncing to the left and to the right" classic "let there be rock"
well i have gone to the heavy side and Soulfly is coming to town
from brazil, i will be there to get my butt kicked with some
heavy stuff. when i was young and if you listened to ac/dc or rush,
you came from the gutter, that music was too loud and heavy,
just how i like it, like my chevy nova, loud and fast, yea
long, very long live rock my gear heads. :wink: 8)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -