Venting

Old 06-20-2011, 04:46 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

In my friends case he assumed his brother put coolant in it & didn't check it himself. I was able to salvage everything except the block. hopefully most of what you have is able to be saved & nothing is cracked or to warped to save.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:05 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default 496

I am glad some of the steel from your buddies motor was usable, that may not be the case with mine, a third party is checking things out now. I appreciate your opinions and it sounds like you have done things with Mike in the past, I am pretty confident in his work, but honest this job was not done properly and for Mike not to own up to it upsets me more than the cash spent. I cannot with a good conscience recommend High Speed to anyone any more. He did not even try to talk to me about it. Bad busniess move, cause the short term gain for him may be less than this long term problem?
Hey if have any questions that you may have give me a call I can explain things to you
Jeff M. 708-308-0282
Old 06-20-2011, 05:03 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

They build and install a motor turn key. I agree it should be a drivable car with no issues. It left their shop without any issues (that they knew of)

You asked if it had "coolant"? To them "coolant" could be straight water.

You should have checked and double checked the "coolant" before cold weather. I panic when it gets real cold and I live in the south!

I find it hard to understand how all the water came out of one freeze plug hole and you never noticed it.
If I were the builder I would not warranty it either.

Think about this as if it were not you.
Several months after a motor was put in a hot rod the guy brings it back and says a freeze plug came out. All the "coolant" leaked out and the motor overheated and he wants it repaired under warranty.

Sorry, but it's not gonna happen.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:26 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default 496

your probably right about the outcome, and pretty sure wrong about the rest
JMO
Old 06-20-2011, 05:30 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: 496

Originally Posted by bixblk
your probably right about the outcome, and
pretty sure wrong about the rest JMO
Not being an azz, but if you were right you wouldn't be on here asking about this. It would have already been fixed under warranty.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:52 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default 496

Your not being an azz, your right, he will not warranty it, or so far has not. so you are probably correct about the outcome (no warranty work being done)
It boils down to what/who you believe, If you believe what I was told that the car and new motor would be fine parked in an unheated garage thru the winter because it has coolant (anti frfeeze) than you can see my point, if you believe that I did not tell the truth about what happened than the story you told is pausible. The fact is it pushed out multiple freeze plugs beacuse it has "improper" anti freeze in it. Thats should not have happened, I would have put anti freeze in it when I picked it up if I thought any different. But I was told it would be fine.
Also I did not put this in the scammer section and started as "venting" I am pissed that I took his word for it . Thats all I did wrong
For real Rabbit reread the whole thread I think you will agree with me, but if not thats cool, thats why I wrote it the way I did.Stupid ass me took a mans word and believed it to true.
JMO
Old 06-20-2011, 06:04 PM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

when it comes to my hard earned money...... i wouldnt even take my brothers word on anything like that.... i would have to check for myself.... :wink:
Old 06-20-2011, 07:00 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

just one plain fact that i do not think has been answered yet!!!

do you have a receipt that shows your itemized build --and does it say on there that that antifreese was tested to a certain working condition 8)

if not --THEN JUST WALK AWAY AND LET A LESSON BE LEARNED AND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY GONE-- op

LIKE fast75vega SAID-- I NEVER EVER TAKE SOMEONE ELSES WORD ON MY MONEY WHEN SOMETHING THAT SIMPLE CAN BE TESTED IN 5 MINUTES --BY MY OWN SELF :wink:
Old 06-20-2011, 07:11 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

Default 496 I am done with the thread

The bill does not state the anti freeze to any certain working condition. That is one of the reasons i asked the builder,
I tell you guys this : it is A SAD PLACE WHEN you cannot believe someone
word, It says alot of what people are about. Stupid ass me thinking people are honest and truthful
Thanks for all the input
This thread showed me alot, some good some not so good.
I am done with this thread, but not with 496 issue
Old 06-20-2011, 07:34 PM
EXPERT BUILDER

Just my .02!

Yep ya shoulda checked it!
But if you have sent the shop all the work you say, I would think he would help out somewhat. A little anyway I know I would feel beholding for all the business. It's called Public Relations :idea:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -