83.33%
MOTOR
16.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

What Do You Call It? ENGINE OR MOTOR

Old 05-08-2007, 05:18 PM
etbird
MASTER BUILDER

Chevguy65, are you really Cherokee? My grandfather on my dads side was full blooded, and my great grandmother on my mothers side was full blooded. That's why my exwife called me a crazy indian when I got real mad. I don't think the fire water had anything to do with it.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:29 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by etbird
Chevguy65, are you really Cherokee? My grandfather on my dads side was full blooded, and my great grandmother on my mothers side was full blooded. That's why my exwife called me a crazy indian when I got real mad. I don't think the fire water had anything to do with it.
Yes my grandfather on my mothers side was full blooded Cherokee.

We may be related...his name was Joseph Blackburn
Old 05-08-2007, 05:56 PM
etbird
MASTER BUILDER

My grandfathers name was Rockhouse John Pennington. My great grandmothers name was Liza sizemore. Liza's fathers name was Billy Sizemore. Not his real name but the one he took. Don't know his Indian name. My people are from Virginia, North Carolina, and kentucky. Have you ever heard of Pennington Gap kentucky?
Old 05-08-2007, 06:00 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

my wife is full blooded indian. she is always on the war path :shock: :shock:
Old 05-08-2007, 06:08 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by etbird
My grandfathers name was Rockhouse John Pennington. My great grandmothers name was Liza sizemore. Liza's fathers name was Billy Sizemore. Not his real name but the one he took. Don't know his Indian name. My people are from Virginia, North Carolina, and kentucky. Have you ever heard of Pennington Gap kentucky?
I think I have heard of Pennington Gap, but don't put in front of a firing squad swearing on it.
My grandpa was originally from around Look Out Mountain GA.

I don't know a whole lot about him, he died before I was born, just pictures and stories.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:23 PM
etbird
MASTER BUILDER

That is pretty cool. I'm in North Ga. and there are alot of Cherokee around here. Nice to know there are still some of us around. I will ask about the blackburn name. Might be some kin of yours around here.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:38 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lotsof454sss
I have got one question and I have mentioned it in another thread...Am I riding a motor cycle or an engine cycle :?: :?: ..Look forward to the answer to this one....HUMMMMM....Looks like I might be moving to the front yard now :lol:
Well Perry when the motorcycle was brought to life in the old days they did infact call it a motor,so thats where motorcycle came from.

Now we are in the 21 century,things have changed,gearheads have have paved the way,some people still call it a motor infact,some times in sentances its called motor,exampleWhat did it run on all motor?)
(Meaning without any enhancers. Nos etc.poweradders)

Ok now slowman is right with this terminoligy,Engine.
An engine runs on gasoline,and a motor runs on electricity.

So now Perry,how long is the extension cord for your motorcycle?
My motorcycle runs on gas,does yours? Its confusing, LOL

Thats how it was explained to me a few years ago,some engine builders take offense to it being called a motor

So with that said,I try to pick my words and call it an engine,and some times,I said some times I'll say mototr but very little.

Some of the engine builders will chime in here I am sure and help me out.

Thats my .10 cents on the Engine, Motor deal :roll:
Old 05-10-2007, 03:08 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Thanks alot Tom nice try...Based on the statements so far to be called an engine it runs on fuel...To be a motor it runs on electricity.. ok, then to break the engine into a scientific study it would be determined it operates on a fuel, air, and a spark which produces a combustion..RIGHT :?: And then the motor operates on electricity.... So since the apparatus that makes my cycle go has fuel, air and spark and produces combustion then it is a engine..Therefore I am now riding a enginecycle in the 21st century :roll: ...Well I just be damned ain't terminology grand.....Oh and I almost forgot...Perhaps it is time to pave a new way in terminology again, look at this definition of an "ION ENGINE"....

ion engine- a type of reaction-propulsion ENGINE to propel rockets in space; a stream of positive ions is accelerated to a high velocity by an "ELECTRIC FIELD"... Notice no fuel involved but called an engine...

I do love a good discussion.....not an arguement now :!: Cause I am going to ride it what ever it is called...
Old 05-10-2007, 04:24 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

You have some good points there Perry.But I ride a motorcycle to but if I need to remove the motor I'll call it the engine.

I just have to laugh when I open the hood up to check the oil in my truck,LOL

There it was again, that 710 thing again, damm that cover was upside down it said OIL :P :P :P
Old 05-10-2007, 04:30 PM
slowman
MASTER BUILDER

There it was again, that 710 thing again, damm that cover was upside down it said OIL . that's funny chit right there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -