autozone sucks

Old 10-19-2011, 11:24 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

its funny when you ask for a part and the ask what motor and its not an option in the computer. it takes the whole crew to get that window switch
Old 10-20-2011, 04:14 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

My main supplier of non original equiptment parts for my dealership is Bumper to Bumper. The store is a strictly wholesale operation, theres no fu-fu crap at the counter. Its all done out of a warehouse with no "retail" area. They still sell to mechanics and such but Biff isnt going in there to buy a pollen filter for his BMW!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 10-20-2011, 09:39 AM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

I LUV going into the local Auto Wrong when they have a new person. THe ones who know me get 'busy' so the new peep waits on me. Then they all laugh at the result.

ME 'I need a set of 8 3833 Autolite plugs"

Newb What is the vehicle they are for

ME Doesn't matter, I just need the plugs

Newb I need the specific vehicle sir, exasperated voice...

Me 1978 Chevrolet LUV

Newb Engine size

Me 428 small block

Newb Blank stare at computer screen...

Me and old hands who know me laugh loudly

Newb pissed look on face
Old 10-20-2011, 10:14 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mytmouz
I LUV going into the local Auto Wrong when they have a new person. THe ones who know me get 'busy' so the new peep waits on me. Then they all laugh at the result.

ME 'I need a set of 8 3833 Autolite plugs"

Newb What is the vehicle they are for

ME Doesn't matter, I just need the plugs

Newb I need the specific vehicle sir, exasperated voice...

Me 1978 Chevrolet LUV

Newb Engine size

Me 428 small block

Newb Blank stare at computer screen...

Me and old hands who know me laugh loudly

Newb pissed look on face
same here when i tell i have a vega with my 383 stroker in it...... guy says to me "you put a dodge motor in your chevy?" i said... no ..its a chevy motor. then he goes on to tell me that chevy doesnt make a 383.....lmao... what a dumb ass
Old 10-20-2011, 05:24 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Corporate 'trained'...........

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 10-20-2011, 07:20 PM
chevelle66
SHOW GUEST

Same here, went in to pic up a 18 pound elect oil pressure sending unit for my low pressure light on the dragster, they aske the year, told them it didn't matter, dud said he needed a year make and model with engine size, was clueless when I said 98 Danny Nelson with a 498, ended going to napa and got what I needed.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:44 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

We have AZone here too...

We also have a local NW chain for auto parts here as well. "I am sorry sir , but the computer program only goes back to "1969"... I can only go back to 1969...

that is what I was told by one of the "experts" once. Tell you what a kid, lets take a risk & keep our fingers crossed that the 180 thermostat will work on the "1968" too... I will keep my reciept... LOL.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:41 PM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Autozone

I must have gotten lucky,They dont always have what I want But the Manager is super Knowledgable & he will try every thing possible to get it..As for the counter help,They have to learn,How many of you guys know an experienced mechanic willing to sell parts for Min.Wage??At least they are working & your not supporting them,Thats a plus..JMO
Old 10-21-2011, 04:28 PM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

Yep, count yourself lucky there, pat.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:57 AM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

Im getting to the point were i look up part numbers online, then go to the i call generic parts stores....Napa usually gives me good service/knowledge/curtesy.....Auto Zone is usually some kid whos talking to his girlfriend on the phone...who really doesnt give a shit whether ive got the rite part or not....unless im buying some chrome piece/part for my tuner car....or if my hat is turned sidways....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -