Tell me what YOU think ??????

Old 05-28-2007, 07:59 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

oh yes ---THE REST OF THE STORY!!!-thanks TRAVIS for your side and for coming on here and letting us know--OK PEOPLE ---IT IS OUT IN THE OPEN NOW----MISTAKES ON BOTH SIDES OF THE FENCE--TRAVIS YOU COULD JUST GIVE BRIAN THE VETTE AND HE COULD AD IT TO HIS COLLECTION!!! WELL, I WOULD TAKE IT TOO EVEN IF I'M A FORD MAN :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-28-2007, 08:03 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

OH--BY THE WAY TRAVIS --IF THE VETTE SELLS OR YOU TRADE IT PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE MAKE YOUR HONOR PAYMENT IN THE CORRECT AMOUNT 8) 8) ---THAT'S WHAT KEEPS THIS SITE ROLLING AND LET'S US HELP OTHER PEOPLE OUT ,TOO :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-29-2007, 04:09 AM
dizzydale
APPRENTICE

Travis,This whole situation could have been avoided if in fact you sent pics of ALL parts of the car GOOD and BAD,but you didn't.Yes i am guilty of driving 2400 miles to buy an alleged nice car which upon personal inspection yours is not.Yes,i brought those pics along to show to the GOOD guys from St.Louis that i bought the motor from that was going in your Vette.I have owned and raced a number of cars over the years and ALL were NICE,CLEAN,WELL built cars APPARENTLY not anything you are familiar with.YES ,Travis a drag car CAN and SHOULD look like it's going to a car show.I guess i am not the only one who has determined your car is junk seeing as it is STILL for sale.Oh yeah thats right,it's MY fault cause you took it off the web site cause you thought cause a guy drives 1200 each way he can't say NO way i am NOT draggin this junk home.Oh by the way i bought a real nice 67 Nova from an HONEST and GOOD guy in North Carolina.diz
Old 05-29-2007, 05:21 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I was going to copy and paste what the seller sent me but looks like he made it to the forum..
i feel anyone that stands accused should be heard..in ANY CASE.

DIZZY..after reading both sides, it makes a littl emore sense..i would not have walked in your shoes...cause i do business a little different than that.

i think you still did very good to get you $2500 back...also you made it sound that you WOULD NOT LEAVE until you got it...but reading the sellers reply..this was a very peaceful transaction...NOT LIKE YOU PAINTED IT TO BE..
I am not after you or the seller..i am after the Truth...many of us such as lively have been on here long enough to know there is 2 sides...

Brian
Old 05-29-2007, 05:41 AM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

dizzydale can you post some pictures of your 67 Nova so we can see how nice it is in Show Off. I would like to see what you ended up with. Wesley
Old 05-29-2007, 08:16 AM
sc3314
JUNIOR BUILDER

Travis,

Car looks nice, YA IT"S A RACE CAR! I guess some people don't understand what 32k buys anymore. You send a deposit, you back out, your loss!!! Not much else to say to DIZ!!

I would show the bar that runs from the struts across the engine bay. Other than that, I would of dealt with you on the price of the car.

DIZ SHOW US WHAT YOU BOUGHT INSTEAD OF THE VETT

Dave
Old 05-29-2007, 02:07 PM
dizzydale
APPRENTICE

These are my last words on this matter.When i sent the money it was to hold the car till i saw it,earnest money to show how serious i was.I would NEVER buy a car on pics alone,THIS is a perfect example why YOU have to make the trip.If someone else shows interest you take their name and number and if the first guy in line doesn't work out you call the next guy on the list.Apparently i was the ONLY one on the list as the car is still for sale.I do not know ANYONE in that part of the country who could have checked it out for me.Apparently the seller is confused because i told him he misrepresented the car and if i had to get the police involved i would and i was not leaving without the cash.He asked me where he was going to come up with 2500 on a Saturday afternoon.I told him he could shake my hand,look me in the eye and tell me the check was good and he wasn't going to stop payment.Looking back i should have stayed over till Monday and went to the bank with him but it all worked out.I told this tale to the guy i bought the Nova from,he told me he would rather have someone be IMPRESSED by the car when they see it in person not disappointed.Sounds like good advice to me.diz
Old 05-29-2007, 02:29 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Default EARNEST MONEY

Straight out of the financial dictionary my man....

Earnest money
Money given to a seller by a buyer to demonstrate the buyer's good faith. If the deal falls through, the deposit is usually forfeited.

He did you a favor returning your money and you do not even know it...I would have sent you packing as many more on here that know what a deposit means would have done.....
Old 05-29-2007, 06:30 PM
dizzydale
APPRENTICE

Tuff talk from the pig from Georgia with a paper a-- hole.diz
Old 05-29-2007, 06:31 PM
etbird
MASTER BUILDER

I have sent people away without the deposit back. Your lucky this guy was nice to you, I don't think I would have been. JMO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -