Has anyone else had a bad experience with Naylor Racing??

Old 12-30-2012, 09:27 AM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

I haven't seen it yet ... no reason to be a ah to me ... Although a phone call with Naylor puts the other side of the story together ..
there is always 2 sides to the story and the truth but I still stand behind Id have zero issues of sending someone to him if they were close.

I dont race dyno's and apparently you think we should ??[/quote]

I have tried the phone calls, emails and even on here - no response.

I am not saying race dynos, but if you pay for an 1100+hp engine the dyno shows if you got an 1100 hp or not. All you have to do is check out the major race engine builders, they all come with the guaranteed dyno results, that's the way business is done. If Naylor was not willing to guarantee 1100+hp dyno results he should not have stated it to me & then put it on the invoice.

I am only trying to answer everyone's questions as honest and as best as I can. I wish I had the posting ability expertise that some of you trying to help have. If I have offended any of you trying to help I apologize because it was not intentional. I hope everyone will give me credit for trying to answer & comment on questions and not dodge and make excuses like Naylor. THANKS!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:19 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

[quote="mrmopar622"

All you have to do is check out the major race engine builders, they all come with the guaranteed dyno results![/quote]

Your right ... but thats off THEIR OWN DYNO.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:43 AM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

I have heard all to many times the rumors of happy dyno #, that is the question I asked Jimmy Naylor when he sent me the invoice with 1100+hp on it before making a deposit on it. Out of his own mouth, he guaranteed it to make 1100+hp on his dyno & any other reputable shop's dyno. Naylor is the one that backed out of dynoing his own engine. As you can see on an earlier post of his. I had a reputable shop dyno this engine as I have said in earlier posts, anyone who wants to put the money up that says the dyno # are not right, I'll match their money & give them a choice of ProLine Racing Engines in Atlanta, GA., or Huntsville Racing Engines in Huntsville, AL., and bring the engine & dyno results. These are 2 of the most respected shops in the Southeast if not the whole USA.

I do not want to make this into another short novel, is there anyone that races a dragster on here that knows anything about the T/D Class? If so, would you explain to the people what I have been unable to do about the difference between a 947 hp & an 1100 hp engine trying to make the field.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:47 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

As i've said before i don't have a dog in this fight, but your being relativly new to the forum before you started this post. Some the things you don't realize is that the people that are trying to help you actually run TD. They do not toot their own horn so i'll do it for them, David/Hammertime, and shawnp
both run TD, either one of them can run 7.50's and less and both have been in the winners circle many times i don't know how much HP they have and neither do they because they don't dyno their engines, Rabbit is a National record holder in mud racing, Tom the head huncho runs a Top Sportmans Camero that runs 7,80's BJ/ Brian the other Mod. has a 66 nove that will run 4.60's @ 3,000 lbs plus. What you need to realize is these people are trying to help you, so it's just wrong that you should critazise these people, me i'm old, i did this many yrs ago before some of these guys were even born. I set records in 1966 with my blown sm/blk car, raced all the top names in those days but now i've slowed down, to 5.60's in the 1/8 mi. but still feels as fast as 200 mph all those yrs. ago.
Just suggesting that you respect some of these guys opinions, they are not without merit, they know what's happening within the racing world and engine builds.

Enough said, before i piss someone off also.

Sorry friends i just had to defend you, after 6 yrs. on the forum i sometimes get carried away.

Zip.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:28 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
me i'm old, i did this many yrs ago before some of these guys were even born. I set records in 1966 with my blown sm/blk car
Damn Zip!!! How did you keep them wooden wheels hooked up??? :lol:

Happy New Year.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:15 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Here is the info from Naylor .... I've heard his side of the story now too, 1050 to 1100 was with Brodix HH Heads and not the Darts that were used.

Original Estimate

2nd Estimate

Dyno Sheet to Similar Engine
Old 12-31-2012, 01:58 PM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by mrmopar622
I'm going to try to redo this![img
][/img][img
][/img][img
][/img]
On these in the right bottom you can see the attached to the invoice that is not present on Naylor's that is paid in full, look at model # - 1100+hp. As you can see, the original & the final paid invoice match. I do not know where he came up with that head hunter invoice but it was never sent to me. Naylor's is bogus.

I tape all my business phone calls for my own personal reference, so I have every phone conversation that transpired between us.

If someone can tell me how or just get me started on how to upload these tapes to youtube I will post them on here & when you all hear the 1st & 2nd tape between Jimmy Naylor & myself that will make everything clear.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:13 PM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

[img]
This is page 1 of dyno sheets[/img]

As you can see, this is the way a real dyno sheet should read out. It should show the average 3 best pulls. I will put the graph from the pulls in the next section. Any dyno operator can look & compare the graphs to determine if the numbers are exact. As you notice, Naylor did not include that on his.

But he did prove what I have been telling him & everyone on here - a 632 cu in should make 1000-1050 hp easy with 1 four barrel. My engine has a Tunnelram & made a best of 947 hp at 6400 rpm, anything over 6400 rpm the horsepower starts dropping off. That means there is a problem somewhere, something is NOT right, that is what I have been trying to get Naylor to address.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:19 PM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

[img]
This is the graph from dyno sheet[/img]

The graph tells the story It clearly shows a best of only 947 hp, something is not right and Naylor needs to address it, that is what I have been trying to get across to everyone.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:22 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I tape all my business phone calls for my own personal reference, so I have every phone conversation that transpired between us.

If someone can tell me how or just get me started on how to upload these tapes to youtube I will post them on here & when you all hear the 1st & 2nd tape between Jimmy Naylor & myself that will make everything clear.

I dont know if I would do that, do believe its illegal to record phone conversations with out the other person knowing about it, just saying...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -