2000 Polaris Explorer
1997 Dodge ram 4X4
1988 Winnebago Chieftain
1967 Camaro

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 02-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

People crack me up that make a huge deal out of "made in AMERICA" I agree that is the way to go...but you have no idea where some of your "made in usa" stuff was actually made. Companies can outsource and buy parts from China,repack them and stamp "MADE IN USA" on them as long as something is done to them here. FACT.
I have done it. Not me personally but the company I worked for.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:02 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

The days of mass produced 100% made in America cars is long gone.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Pdmracing
CRAFTSMAN

Ford F250 XLT
Chevy Ssr
Dodge Viper GTS
Chrysler SRT8
Chevy Monza Back half
Old 02-06-2010, 06:35 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD

05 Toyota Corolla, wife's car
So it's YOUR fault.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:49 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

heck used to have mid 80's nova pop the hood and said toyota worst part was parts were more expensive then its twin the carolla because engine was toyota and electical was croosbread chevy/yota was biggest pos i had
Old 02-07-2010, 04:25 AM
Pdmracing
CRAFTSMAN

Originally Posted by dragonmaster093
i dont feel for toyota as a whole but i do feel for all the plants and parts suppliers in the USA that is keeping people employed. unfortunatly its a2 headed sword cause most money spent goes over seas but also pay Americans
I agree with your post, its really the arrogance of their actions that got me roiled,
When Chrysler was raped by benz, & left to flounder, all you heard was how bad the product was, & what a high quality piece Toyota was in comparison. Its still that way, but it seems public sentiment is changing twoards them.

You heard nothing on how the wall street @#$#$$# took a equity rich almost debt free company, Chrysler, sold it to Benz, who leveraged all the assets to the max, then takes the money & dump the shell of a company to some hedge fund, who then strips whatever is left & leaves the taxpayers with the bill.

(you have to understand that loan proceeds are not taxable as income, these corporate raiders looked for companies with low debt, borrow the max then dump them for a loss against profits & take the huge write downs even though they borrowed billions & leave the company with huge debt service, who cant possible pay the nut. And with such high debt there is nothing left for development of new products so sales tank. Sounds like a Sopranos episode, but thats how it works)
Old 02-07-2010, 06:29 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Pdmracing
When Chrysler was raped by benz, & left to flounder, all you heard was how bad the product was, & what a high quality piece Toyota was in comparison. Its still that way, but it seems public sentiment is changing twoards them.
That's why I gave up reading "Car and Driver" and "Motortrend" type magazines years ago. I was tired of imports are gold, American made cars are crap in every issue.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:54 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

You'll notice that because Ford didn't hold out THEIR hands for a 'bailout' that their profits are for real and they can do whatever they want without 'government approval'.
I'll bet the other 'big two' are experiencing 'bailout remorse',.......at least those that are left that gives a rats azz about brand/country loyalty......
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 02-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Pdmracing
CRAFTSMAN

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
You'll notice that because Ford didn't hold out THEIR hands for a 'bailout' that their profits are for real and they can do whatever they want without 'government approval'.
I'll bet the other 'big two' are experiencing 'bailout remorse',.......at least those that are left that gives a rats azz about brand/country loyalty......
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
ironicly, what ended up saving Ford , was sort of what happened to Chrysler, EXCEPT, instead of corporate raiders pocketing the cash, Ford kept it for the company.

What Mullaly did, was leverage all the corporate assets to raise cash, he borrowed as much as they could get, raising enough cash, while the banks were still lending, to weather the storm. This was done before they cut off all lending. Brilliant.

Understand Ford was slipping into the abyss all by itself, before the great recession. Their stock was worthless. But the master stroke was borrowing all the cash BEFORE some hedge fund took it over & did the same, but filling their own pockets instead of the companies.

Chrysler at the time of the Benz merger of equals
(equal scumbags CEO's that is) was in much better shape than Ford,The 300 was the car to have & sales of everything was great. The difference is the equity was stripped by outsiders for themselves, not the company itself. Chrysler had no chance without a bailout, they were left with massive debt & had nothing to sell but trucks. Its a shame how we let that happen.

I work in the financial world for the last 30 years, if you think this behavior has been corrected, you are sadly mistaken.

While the banking & Wallstreet Giants keep the masses occupied with petty infighting, The ROBBER BARONS that created this mess are cleaning up the spoils with hardly a regulation passed to stop this from happening again. Believe me when I tell you, they are raking in the cash while the rest of eat S#$%.

Ill get off the soapbox now. Back to finishing my valve job!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -