How have any of you guys done racing so far this season?

Old 08-21-2011, 05:26 AM
contagious
MASTER BUILDER

Default racing

Went last night for the first time in a couple of months,had a blast.!! The car was on kill with the last tune I put on it,ran 5.613 two rounds in a row,then on the third pass went 5.616.TOO bad the diver wasn't better tuned,got beat on the tree,.084 won't get ya rounds.!!!! Still had a blast. 8)
Old 08-21-2011, 12:08 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

I run a heads up street class that only runs once a month.I have been #1 qualifier every race but one,#3 qual on that one.Usually about a 20 car field.Still can't go rounds Not even to the semi finals :lol:
Old 08-21-2011, 02:00 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Won my second race of the year last night. It's been a good year so far. Should get me in the top five in points.

Curtis
Old 08-28-2011, 02:55 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Finally got the "Gremlins" sorted out of the car this past week . Ran some decent numbers, need to work on the tree now. ops:
Old 08-29-2011, 05:00 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Glad you got things lined out Beast. What kind of numbers did it run?

Curtis
Old 08-29-2011, 07:15 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default ?

Not a Good WEEKEND Here,..............!
Cars been Slowing down,.?Well Looks like the Converter came apart and Took the Trans Too?Was going to send it back to COAN,but was thinking about MARCO Abruzzi~Thoughts?
The Trans Pan is Loaded w./Steel,something that resembles a wire Clip and LOTS of Chips and particals?
Seems My Trans Guy is MIA?
O'Well,anyone got a Suggestion?The Name Tim Trusty was mentioned?
Think Hes just North of Muskegon,anyone?
THANKS!
G :?
Old 08-29-2011, 04:05 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by doorracer
Glad you got things lined out Beast. What kind of numbers did it run?

Curtis
Well my time runs were 9.33 and 9.34. So first round we dial a 9.33, well I'm late on the tree but catch him at the stripe only to break out by .04. He breaks out by .03 :roll: . So to the buy back window I go. Dial 9.28 cut a decent light .019 dump at the stripe scrub 7mph and go 9.32. Next round I dial down to a 9.26 and run a 9.264 and lose oh yeah had a .134 light. :shock: Had a carb issue but things are coming around.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:32 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

bb, Call Greg at FTI and you will find the BEST customer service around. I bought a trans and convertor from them. I have run a few passes on the trans and its all SFI and a 1800hp trans. I have not had chance to try the convertor yet as my motor is still down. I have heard nothing but good things about them and picked up my trans in person and everyone was very friend

Hope to be up and running in the next week or so as my lifters wiil be here tomorrow form Crower.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:03 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: ?

Originally Posted by bbchevy
Cars been Slowing down,.?Well Looks like the Converter came apart and Took the Trans Too?Was going to send it back to COAN,but was thinking about MARCO Abruzzi~Thoughts?
The Trans Pan is Loaded w./Steel,something that resembles a wire Clip and LOTS of Chips and particals?
THANKS!
PTC, Kenny Ford, Mussle Shoals Ala.been running his stuff for 10 yrs. and most of the guys i know here in La. and Ms. are running his converters. He's not only hands on but a fellow racer. In fact he was the national champion in the 7.00 class in 2010 runing on a protree. Tell him that John Allen sent you and he's probably only charge you a $100.00 extra :lol: , that's what he told one customer that i sent him, just for mentioning my name. Ofcourse he was just kidding, we're good friends for yrs. and i will guarentee he will stand behind anything he builds at his cost less shipping.

Zip.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:31 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: ?

Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by bbchevy
THANKS!
PTC, Kenny Ford, Mussle Shoals Ala.been running his stuff for 10 yrs. and most of the guys i know here in La. and Ms. are running his converters. He's not only hands on but a fellow racer. In fact he was the national champion in the 7.00 class in 2010 runing on a protree. Tell him that John Allen sent you and he's probably only charge you a $100.00 extra :lol: , that's what he told one customer that i sent him, just for mentioning my name. Ofcourse he was just kidding, we're good friends for yrs. and i will guarentee he will stand behind anything he builds at his cost less shipping.

Zip.
Zip,
I'm going to call Kenny,the fellow here Locally w/the T/D that I help out,uses Him.
Also heard the FTI Name,and THanks!
I will make a decision by the 1st of the week?
THANKS,Again!
G 8)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -