bbc vs. sbc

Old 04-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bowhay
listen yall
i never told him that big blocks were bad
shoot im really good freinds with james son and james car is the baddest ass damn thing ive ever seen in my life
i just told him for the amount of money he wanted to spend a small block would be better
because that was my personal opinion
and if that being my opinion makes me stupid then i guess i am

and yea my pik up may not be the fastest thing on 4 wheels
but i chalange u to build a 1000$ small block that will beat it
Dude..had I known his friends were also forum members NO WAY would I have made a comment like that. We don't generally flame each other on this board(except maybe in political threads)This isn't yellow bullet. This is a great board with a whole lot of good people that will always take the time to help you if they can. Sorry I offended you.

And It doesn't matter how fast or slow your truck is, nobody judges you on that stuff.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:22 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by bowhay
listen yall
i never told him that big blocks were bad
shoot im really good freinds with james son and james car is the baddest ass damn thing ive ever seen in my life
i just told him for the amount of money he wanted to spend a small block would be better
because that was my personal opinion
and if that being my opinion makes me stupid then i guess i am

and yea my pik up may not be the fastest thing on 4 wheels
but i chalange u to build a 1000$ small block that will beat it
Dude..had I known his friends were also forum members NO WAY would I have made a comment like that. We don't generally flame each other on this board(except maybe in political threads)This isn't yellow bullet. This is a great board with a whole lot of good people that will always take the time to help you if they can. Sorry I offended you.

And It doesn't matter how fast or slow your truck is, nobody judges you on that stuff.
X2 for me to Bowhay, I really like to see you younger guy racing, ya'll are the future of dragracing. Just don't get offended so easy. Everybody here wants the best for you and will help you in anyway. Come on by on the 18th. I'd like to see you truck, eventhough I have a dragster now I'm still partial to trucks.
dparker
Old 04-06-2009, 12:08 PM
bowhay
EXPERT BUILDER

its all good guys
and yea i kinda feel like a dousch for takin it like i did but hey its all done so no biggy
Old 04-06-2009, 07:13 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by suicidebomb
AWWW, now David, your big blocks just have a better sense of humor.
It sure does from about 60ft on lol my sb would wall away from my bb if we raced to the 60ft but after that bb steam rolls
Old 04-06-2009, 07:14 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dparker
Originally Posted by hammertime
CI to $ is cheaper for a bb IMO

I've ran several small blocks, all the way upto 434.. and now upto 584CI BBC .. same money in both bb laughs at the small block I had ..
The only difference is it takes a $20,000.00 chassis to coral the BB.......lol
actually switched my 434 out for a 548 same car a few years ago, night and day, never should of spent that kinda coin on a sb :shock:
Old 04-07-2009, 05:37 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

I've ran several small blocks, all the way upto 434.. and now upto 584CI BBC .. same money in both bb laughs at the small block I had ..
actually switched my 434 out for a 548 same car a few years ago, night and day, never should of spent that kinda coin on a sb :shock:
Where are you racing next?
Old 04-07-2009, 06:09 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Where are you racing next?
I hope to make it to the track maybe this sunday if I can find something open but not sure yet. you been racing ?
Old 04-07-2009, 02:13 PM
onedragracer
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re: bbc vs. sbc

Originally Posted by txhunter69
i have a problem. i have a 454 and a 350 but i don't know which a should build up any suggestions?
txhunter69, IMO there isn't that much difference in price for a 500 hp build up. What I would look at is if you have a light car or don't plan on building up your rearend, I'd build up a SBC. If you have a heavy vehicle and a descent rearend, I'd build a BBC. SBCs pull well but don't have a lot of torke. A BBC has more torke and even a stock hp BBC is already close to 500hp. Either way there is alot of HP parts available in our area for both, just don't get hung up on one or the other pick the one that best suits you........
Shut up parker. Hey txhunter, a sbc is much better, noway would I build a bbc. But you can drop the bbc off at my shop and I will put it to good use (got a eagle crank and BME aluminum rods that need a good home)
Old 04-07-2009, 03:40 PM
txhunter69
EXPERT BUILDER

well how much would you charge to give them a home cause a don't wana get rid of it :lol:
Old 04-07-2009, 04:17 PM
txhunter69
EXPERT BUILDER

and also aint that a lil contradictory you said you would never build a big block but you want mine lol jk :wink:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -