Gutted the interior

Old 07-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Took my spare cluster apart so I could paint the dial faces white

Soaked them for a couple of days in enamel thinner, the blue backing came right off but the faces took some scrubbing

I painted the faces with some semi-gloss white enamel and let them dry for a week.
There is a company called GaugeMarks that reproduces the stickers on gauge faces to an incredible detail. Camaros never came with white face gauges but he can make the stickers in any color you want. I can not emphasize the quality of their work and the excellent customer assistance they provide!

If you are going to do these yourself I highly recommend watching Daniel's video on his website that shows you how to apply the new letters. Its a life saver!!!

If I get some time in the next couple of weeks I hope to pull the cluster back out and swap in the new gauges.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 07-29-2012, 07:40 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Had no plans last night so I took out my old gauges and installed the white face ones I made up last week.

I wanted to put some silver on the dash bezel since it was solid black

A steady hand and a Testors paint pen and I like how it turned out!

Now the lens is back on the cluster and ready to go back in.

With the LED bulbs the gauges really pop at night! The white gauges really break up the blackness of the dash and interior.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:32 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

MAN what a difference ! Gorgeous !
Old 07-29-2012, 08:39 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

love the car color and the white gauges :wink:
Old 08-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

26 days of 90 plus degree weather in July, have not had much playtime with the Camaro. I did manage to snap a few shots last weekend...

Old 08-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Harb:

I am a little late to this thread. Just saw it. Well done man. I really like the wheels... which got me thinkin'. Those are probably 8 to 10" rallys on the back right? Then 6 or 7" in the front approx right? They are regular rally wheels correct? paint to match body & obtain desired dish... like a COPO or derby, Corvette etc.... is that what you did? I want my Chevelle similar... was just going to do 8" or 10" in back then 5" Rallys in front (if i could get off set right) & not run beauty rings... w/ my favorite dish/cap... but I am still not totally sure yet. Your can looks perfect that way; all buisness & still mean looking. well done dude. Scoot
Old 08-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Scoot,
The rears are 15x8 with P275/60R15 tires with a 4 1/2 inch backspace on the wheels. The fronts are 15x7 with P235/60R15 tires. I got lucky with the color and the local powdercoat shop hit the hugger orange on the head. I had to roll the rear fenders just a little to keep the tire from rubbing at full suspension squat. The hubcaps are GM licensed police style center caps, about $80 for a set.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:20 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

That whole car just 'WORKS'. It was a great base when ya got it, but your personal touch has raised it waaaay up there, Bone !
Old 08-15-2012, 08:28 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks Duane!
She is slowly getting the way I want her. Finish up a few things here and there then start ordering some Hotchkis parts for the suspension as a winter project.
I still havent put any kind of stereo in the car yet, to busy enjoying the sound of the motor and exhaust!

Old 08-15-2012, 03:57 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

A car like that produces it's own music ! Ya just need tunes for when you're parked with the engine OFF watching submarine races up at the dam !
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -