PDA

View Full Version : THE VETTE BREATHES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bjuice
02-27-2008, 05:31 PM
FIRED THE VETTE TONIGHT !!!!!!!.......

632ci BIG CHIEF,Donovan aluminum block,EPD SHEET METAL INTAKE with a pair of Chuck N 1200 Dominaters....
breathing thru a set of 2-1/2 stepped to 2-3/8 headers with 5 inch collectors ( NO MUFFLERS)...ON JACK STANDS..
IT RATTLED THE NEXT DOOR NEIGHBORS HOUSE (600FT AWAY)

Only problem i had was the ever so famous BARRY GRANT pump leaked (poured) at the O-RING BASE..( I HATE BARRY GRANT PUMPS)

Anyone know where i can buy one of these O-RING KITS for the BG 400 ????.

over look me i am excited..this has been long awaited..much blood sweat tears and money spent to get to this point..

Brian

topsportsman1
02-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Sounds good Brian,wooo hooo it lives.

Here is the "o" ring seal kit for the pump

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/1017533/Barry-Grant-BG400-BG280-BG-220-fuel-pump-seal.html

lanham
02-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Hey Brian check ad #1017533 for the o-ring kit.I personally ordered a o-ring kit from this guy and was a quick turnaround.My Barry Grant pump has leaked after it has sit for the winter but seems if you run it it ends up sealing back up.I still have not put the new o-ring kit in mine but i have it if it doesn't seal this time.Good luck.

bjuice
02-27-2008, 06:20 PM
yes if this was a tiny leak i would try it ..but it is pouring..the pump has not been run in 4 or 5 years or longer..it pushes the fuel fine just leaks like a pale of water..
i am a magnafuel guy but going to use the BG400 cause i got it already
DISCLAIMER: ( bg400 pump came with car..I DID NOT BUY IT... :P :D )

Thanks Tom and Lanham.

i am so excited i could just take a big shot of 151 if i still drank..lol

mcracecars
02-27-2008, 06:41 PM
:lol: we want videos... noisy ones too..... :D ... not of the leaky pump, the vette....
Im happy for ya there Brian.... :D

mikeaton
02-27-2008, 07:16 PM
:D hey brian way to go!!!! congrats to the running of the vette[be carefull of the word"fire" especially around a leaking fuel pump lol] glad to hear you getting it done .now share the noise!!! were ready to fire and run the funny as well! o yea nobody told me the truck and trailer would be as costly as the car itself!! anyway congrates!!!!!

lively
02-27-2008, 07:25 PM
THAT'S GREAT BRIAN!!!!!!!---VIDEOS WITH NOISE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:--LIVELY

3dracing
02-28-2008, 05:14 AM
Good news Brian. Have you looked at an aeromotive pump? I go through APD and they are great. I use my Aeromotive 2000 with an aeromotive by-pass regulator instead of by-passing at the pump.

Steve

bjuice
02-28-2008, 05:25 AM
Good news Brian. Have you looked at an aeromotive pump? I go through APD and they are great. I use my Aeromotive 2000 with an aeromotive by-pass regulator instead of by-passing at the pump.

Steve

Yes i have owned an Aeromotive 2000 in the past....I am a die hard Magnafuel Pump Guy......if i had to change it would be the Magnafuel Prostar 500..i run this pump on my 67 camaro..I love it...

Reason i am staying with the BG400 is because it came with car and it will serve the purpose....i really do not like the idea of having to spend extra $500 right now for something i want instead of need..

i will say the Aeromative is a good pump and would be my 2nd choice of fuel pumps.

thanks brian

woodsman
02-28-2008, 05:50 AM
Dude I am glad to see you got it running and can't wait to see what its going to run. If it runs as good as it looks then you will get it in the 4's after a few passes. Have fun with it and good luck.

Tod74
02-28-2008, 07:05 AM
Sounds like a neat car

itsabird
02-28-2008, 08:00 AM
don,t it make you feel good when your neighbor say,s "man that thing rattled my dish,s when you started it"!!!!!

spib
02-28-2008, 08:03 AM
CONGRATS BRIAN!!!!!!!!! want a vid

bjuice
02-28-2008, 11:54 AM

thanks Bud....now to get the Adult diaper ready......lol...

some things you suspect will run...well last night reality set in ..this thing is gonna power down no doubt..

the crickets in that motor were chirpping so loud i thought it was summer already...lol..

Brian

hammertime
02-28-2008, 12:21 PM
awesome Brian !!

I ordered the o ring kit from the guy off rj very good to deal with got them fast.

Tod74
02-28-2008, 02:12 PM

the crickets in that motor were chirpping so loud i thought it was summer already...lol..

Brian

what causes that chirp?

and please don't say "when they rub their legs together"...lol

topsportsman1
02-28-2008, 02:16 PM

Brian

what causes that chirp?

POWER!!! :P Just fighting to get outa that bad boy :P :P :P

Mine does the same thing 8)

olds48
02-28-2008, 02:21 PM
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Very glad to hear it!!!Don't nothing feel better than that does it :D :D And,yes a vid would be cool 8)

bjuice
02-28-2008, 02:23 PM
DITTO ! 8)

bowtie4542001
02-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Congrats Brian,
I know you have been working long and hard on the Vette. Its nice to hear that is breathing now :D

Chris

qtrmile2
02-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Happy for ya Brian. Can't wait to hear some shake down ET's. Love to hear a video :D

bjuice
02-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Hey guys.. as soon as i get my fuel pump gasket kit in and installed..i will fire her up and get a nice vid.

The pump is pouring fuel way too bad to fire again right now..the pump did fine when i flushed the fuel line into a 5 gallon fuel jug..but when i hooked it up to the regulator (dead headed it)..it came APART ...LOL...

On another note the shocks were shipped from Koni yesterday...

now i am getting prepared to wire the NOS...Throttle activate.

Brian

Tod74
02-29-2008, 04:03 AM
Hey guys.. as soon as i get my fuel pump gasket kit in and installed..i will fire her up and get a nice vid.

The pump is pouring fuel way too bad to fire again right now..the pump did fine when i flushed the fuel line into a 5 gallon fuel jug..but when i hooked it up to the regulator (dead headed it)..it came APART ...LOL...

On another note the shocks were shipped from Koni yesterday...

now i am getting prepared to wire the NOS...Throttle activate.

Brian

"RAAARR AAARRR ARRRR ARRRRR!!!"

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff253/Tod74/WO663CAGYR6PGCA825B95CAQ1XKCKCA7-1.jpg

:D

3dracing
02-29-2008, 05:01 AM

Brian

what causes that chirp?

Nothing but Cubic Inches.

Steve

hammertime
02-29-2008, 12:14 PM

Brian

what causes that chirp?

Nothing but Cubic Inches.

Steve

And there isnt anything like the sound of the big ci motors !!

Racefab57
02-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Im happy for Ya bud!!!!! VID David.

RonOwensRacing
03-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Congrats B i hope i can get down your way this summer and hang out for a little while love to check the vette out.

I'm jealous thats my favorite car 63 that is .

Since you only like magna fuel pumps i was going to ask if you would like to try one of these aerospace 400 pumps i have sold a lot of them and the guy's around here love them .
I'm going to replace my Bg pump with one also.
I know those things look like a water hose when you turn them on and quite to.

But anyway Glad to hear the beast is breathing. Ron

bjuice
03-03-2008, 02:56 PM
I am always up for something new....as a matter of fact i was looking when i found magnafuel...lol..

i think areospace puts out good products..i have owned 2 sets of their rear brakes..i purchaased one set on the 65 nova and then i have a apair on the vette...

i am having some fun with my new toy today...my "one" man brake bleeder kit...lol....

pretty neat...sucked the old fluid right out vrom each wheel,,,looks like it will be a snap when i put the new fluid in tommorrow....no more pumping the pedal...lol