PDA

View Full Version : Neutral safety swtich

crazyrob1969
06-15-2010, 09:07 AM
I read the previous ?'s about this and tried to wire a switch without success. I have a master disconect on the bumper, a kill switch (to msd ign) inside. I have a b&m megashifter with both reverse & neutral safety micros on it. I gave up on the reverse lights, I will just hard wire them to a togle. But the safety Im told I will need to run it at the track. I've tried to hook it to each of the two wires on the inboard side of the starter, and the 1 on the outboard side, seperately ofcaurse. I also tried to wire to the msd ign without sucsess. I know Im over looking the obvious. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh its a 87 ssmonte. Thanx

Tod74
06-15-2010, 10:14 PM
just break the wire to the solenoid on the starter.If it is in gear no voltage goes to the solenoid, therefore it won't crank over.

crazyrob1969
06-16-2010, 09:07 AM
thats what I'm not understanding. I've done this individually with all 3 wires, but it will still run. Could the other wires be acting as a override. Love your duece by the way.

crazyrob1969
06-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Still dont have it,and now I have no fire. All kinds of electrical grimlins. F-it,Monte 4sale.