Ford Performance Parts offers the 5.2L Supercharged Race Engine used on the 2018 Cobra Jet in limited supply. Designed for competition use only, it is the most powerdense crate engine offered by the Blue Oval performance parts team.
The 2018 Cobra Jet Supercharged 5.2L Race Engine (M-6007-SCJ50) enables the iconic Mustang dragster to speeds in excess of 150-mph on way to mid-eight second quarter-mile runs. The 2018 Cobra Jet Supercharged 5.2L Race Engine is built using Ford’s Gen 3 5.2L block which features:
- 94-mm bore x 93-mm stroke
- 9.7:1 compression ratio
- Forged GT500 5.2L steel crankshaft
- Billet steel gerotor oil pump
- Mahle forged and anodized pistons with Grafal® coated skirts
- Manley H-beam connecting rods with ARP 2000 bolts
The engine that thrusts the quickest factory produced, drag-racing Mustang ever is available and in limited supply.
Of course, that would be the 2018 Cobra Jet Supercharged 5.2L Race Engine (M-6007-SCJ50) offered by Ford Performance Parts. This is a tried, true and tested powerplant developed for competition use only.
The engine propels the iconic Cobra Jet dragster to speeds in excess of 150-mph on way to a mid-eight second quarter-mile run. It is a special 5.2-liter version of the Blue Oval’s famed 5.0-liter V8, strengthened and outfitted with a 3.0-liter Whipple supercharger.
The engine’s core is a 5.2L (317-cubic inch) “Gen 3” Coyote Aluminum Engine Block (M-6010-M52B) that features high-performance castings to support high-power engine builds. Unique-to-Cobra Jet hardware applied on the engine includes:
- Whipple Gen-5 3.0L supercharger kit
- 150-mm Throttle body
- 95-lbs/hr DeatschWerks injectors -P/N 17U-00-0095-8
- SFI-approved ATI crank damper – P/N 918066
- PAC valve springs – P/N TVS 2340 80-lbs closed/215-lbs open
- 38.3-mm Titanium intake valves
- 32.5-mm Titanium exhaust valves
For competition enthusiasts looking to take a few tenths (and probably more) off their quarter-mile time, this just might be the powerhouse they’re looking for.