New to the Prairie Dirt Classic format this year, Showdown Features will star in a fantastic Friday night of racing around the quarter-mile bullring, FALS, July 28. Drivers entering the PDC weekend in both the World of Outlaws action and the Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals will go through hot-lap sessions and qualifications before being split up into four Showdown Features in their respective classes based on their qualifying times. Forget the heat races out the door and strap in for eight “Saturday Night Shootout” style features with some of the best drivers in the country on the opening night of the Prairie Dirt Classic.
Each World of Outlaws Showdown Feature will include 25 laps and pay $2,500 to win, including $200 to start for each competitor. The top four finishers from each event will transfer to the Prairie Dirt Classic finale on July 29. The top two finishers from each Showdown Feature will redraw to set the first four rows of the PDC 100-lapper. 16 drivers will earn their spot in the PDC from the Showdown Features on Friday night and the top three finishers from two B-mains on Saturday will join them. Two World of Outlaws and two Fairbury Speedway provisionals will complete the 26-car field for the 28th annual Prairie Dirt Classic.
The eighth annual Prairie Dirt Shootout, presented by Summit Racing Equipment, will again play a major role in this wild weekend of racing at FALS on Saturday night. The 25-lap Shootout will start 20 cars, meaning 46 drivers will compete in a feature event and earn additional money for the weekend. Once again in 2017, the winner of the PDC Shootout will have the option either to take the $2,000 or to gain a starting spot in the 28th annual Prairie Dirt Classic. Last year Jonathan Davenport won the Shootout, started 27th in the 100-lapper and was up to 10th by lap 45 before mechanical issues ended his night – clearly, it can be worth the gamble.
The Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals will also follow this exciting format for their weekend event. Four 15-lap Showdown Features will run on Friday night, each paying $500 to win and $100 to start. The top four from each Modified Showdown Feature will transfer to the 40-lap Summit Racing Equipment finale on Saturday night, while the top two from each Showdown Feature redraw to set the first four rows of the headliner. Sixteen transfers from the Showdown Features will join the top two finishers from two B-mains on Saturday and four Summer Nationals provisionals to round out the 24-car field.
Full payouts of all events during the Prairie Dirt Classic Weekend can be viewed on the Fairbury Speedway website.
Race Program Information
Friday night, July 28:
Drivers Meeting at 5:30 p.m., Hot Laps at 6 p.m., Qualifying at 6:30 p.m., Racing to Follow!
Order of Events (Subject to change)
- UMP Summit Modified Nationals Hot Laps
- WoO LM Hot Laps
- UMP Modified Qualifying (A/B group Qualifying, 2 Laps per car, 3 cars per session)
- WoO LM Qualifying (A/B group Qualifying, 2-Laps per car, 2 cars per session)
- UMP Modified Summit Racing Equipment Showdown Feature #1 – 15 Laps, $500 to win, $100 to start
- UMP Modified Deke Trucking Showdown Feature #2 – 15 Laps. $500 to win, $100 to start
- UMP Modified Bulldog Motorsports Showdown Feature #3 – 15 Laps $500 to win, $100 to start
- UMP Modified Schahrer Trucking & Farms Showdown Feature #4 – 15 Laps $500 to win , 100 to Start
- WoO LM Dyer’s Top Rods Showdown Feature #1 – 25 Laps $2,500 to win, $200 to start
- WoO LM Pontiac RV Showdown Feature #2 – 25 Laps $2,500 to win, $200 to start
- WoO LM FK Rod Ends Showdown Feature #3 – 25 Laps $2.500 to win, $200 to start
- WoO LM WEHRS Machine Showdown Feature #4 – 25 Laps $2,500 to win, $200 to start
Saturday night, July 29:
Drivers Autograph Session 4 p.m. on Vendor Row, Drivers Meeting at 5:15 p.m., Hot Laps at 5:45 p.m.
Order of Events (Subject to change)
- UMP Modified B-Main Hot Laps
- WoO Late Model B-Main Hot Laps
- WoO Late Model & Modified Re-Draw & Pre-Race Festivities
- (2) UMP Modifieds B-Mains 15 Laps, Top 2 to Summit Modified Nationals
- UMP Summit Modified Nationals Feature cars Hot Lap session
- (2) WoO Late Model B-Mains 20-Laps (top 2 to the PDC)
- WOO Late Model Feature cars Hot Lap session
- Summit Racing Equipment Modified Nationals Feature ($5,000 to win, 40-Laps)
- 8th Annual Summit Racing Equipment Prairie Dirt Shootout 25-Laps, Winner’s Choice to take the $2,000 or transfer to PDC
- Intermission & Track Prep
- 28th Annual Prairie Dirt Classic (100 Laps $30,000 to win) present by the Bank of Pontiac
For more details on this exciting weekend, visit the World of Outlaws website.